Closed Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/9 TAR 21 FINALE! **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I agree about the small town. (NYC doesn't need that much PR) however this challenge is difficult even when you have lived in NYC all of your life. Finding streets and addresses in that part of town is hard.
    I'd love to see them have to deliver stuff in a small town. They'd get directions like "Take these groceries to Martha's house"--and then they'd have to find out who Martha is. I swear, I worked for a small town newspaper one summer and covered the news for an even smaller town nearby. After a while, if I couldn't find someone in the smaller town, I'd just randomly call someone with the same last name, assuming they'd know where I could find their uncle/cousin/grandma, and nine times out of ten, I was right.
    CupidGuest and beerbelly like this.

FORT Fogey

Oh, c'mon Beekmans. Don't get crabby with each other now. There's really no point to it.

FORT Fogey

At least the Beekmans are smart enough to recognize the UN symbol immediately. Now if they could just get to the UN fast enough to catch up with T/L.. I know T/L think they have the geography thing locked down, but I bet the Beekmans would be good at it too.

I don't know that the language thing is all that hard. They ought to be able to get rid of some of them by process of elimination (like France and Spain).

C'mon Beekmans! Being in NYC for 20 years you should be familier with most of these words!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I would so screw this Roadblock up.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Lexy doesn't know hello and goodbye in French? Again, did they study ANYTHING at UT? I mean, I took German and I still know hello and goodbye in French. Heck, I even knew what dog was in French (though most of the French I know involve cooking terms--and I would definitely not cook a dog).
    waywyrd and GabbyG like this.

FORT Fogey

Okay, I take it back. Maybe the language thing is harder than I thought. What would be hard is figuring out which ones I got wrong.

Lexy, you are soooooo wasting time by having a breakdown right now. Get out there and start switching flags around.

What am I saying? On second thought, you go right ahead and cry, Lexy. Didn't want you to win anyway.
    holly71 likes this.

Just for being in the Amazing Race, they should pay attention to the costumes and sayings of the greeters. Just saying. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Lexy doesn't know hello and goodbye in French? Again, did they study ANYTHING at UT? I mean, I took German and I still know hello and goodbye in French. Heck, I even knew what dog was in French (though most of the French I know involve cooking terms--and I would definitely not cook a dog).
    LOL! I was thinking the same thing - I know restaurant French which does not explain why I know 'chein'. However the only Chinese word I can say is 'Dog Meat'. I do *not* eat dog.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    They went to UT! Nuff said from this Aggie! But I would rather see them win than the Beekmans.
    JORY'sMom likes this.

Closed Thread