+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: 12/2 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Fort Member

Re: 12/2 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I can not believe knowing that they would most likely have to drive a stick Nadia had just one lesson and decided it was easy and did not do any more or practice
    It totally shows unbelievable inflated belief in their own abilities
    Luckily it led to them falling to last just like every other team in the past who has not bothered to learn from the past and learn to drive a stick

Well. That was disappointing. I dislike the twins, for all the reasons mentioned already, but I have to say I did respect the fact that they blamed themselves and nobody else for coming in last. Take that, Ryan! They are certainly a competitive team, but goodness gracious ladies, know when to shut your mouths!! Every time they make some remark that they think is funny, witty, etc, it usually is just annoying and sometimes insulting to other people. When it is constantly done at a high decibel, it's aggravating to watch.

All that being said, though, if you hope for the most competitive teams to make it to the end, the beekman boy's have no business getting there. I think they annoyed me as much if not more, sometimes, than the "TWINNIES!" I just wanted to yell at them to get going, hurry up, develop some sense of urgency and STOP WHINING! The "little engine that could" storyline is nice and everything, but they don't really seem to be giving it their all to get up the hill. Instead they seem to luck out and/or rely on other teams to make mistakes. I just can't see them winning, and I confess I'd be disappointed if they do. I'm sure they are nice guys and I do respect the way they treat each other. They also rocked that windmill challenge!

Still rooting for the Chippies to bring this one home!! Please, editing monkeys, be foreshadowing a win for my boys!!

And just one comment on Barcelona...we'll be there next summer when our cruise ends and will be staying for two nights before heading to Paris. It was so nice to see how tropical it is...I want to swim at that beach!!
    pikachu, GabbyG, jucamer and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    -Did anyone else think it was weird that the ferry didn't open until 11pm?
    Not really - odd yes, but it could be it's a ferry for those who take the graveyard shift maybe?

-I found it odd that this was the first task where they had to drive themselves. Obviously they weren't sure how that worked either because in one camera shot James and Jaymes are both shown in the front seats and in the next shot one of them is in the backseat.
    I'm not - I still maintain that they've been reducing driving tasks because the producers are getting too many traffic tickets due to the contestants' drive (pardon the pun) to win the money. Apparently a 30 min. penalty doesn't deter them from it so it just got to the point they said to heck with it.

(Though first season I think the penalty was 30 mins. PLUS an additional 5 for every mile over received by cheating, but up to an additional half hour/hr.)

They don't always show the tickets BTW - unless it affects standings. Dallas and Starr for example mention being assessed a penalty that was not shown because Dallas sped.

-Why did taller Beekman (and one of the Chips) do the tennis task when they each had a hurt ankle?
    As I've mentioned before I think it's due to the number of challenges each has done and probably making sure the stronger of the two can do the final challenge.

-Can someone please tell me the significance of the headless lady at the Pit Stop. Did I miss something?
    I have only seen two things - 1. a production company based in Spain named Headless Productions, and 2. apparently dressing in headless costumes is popular there.
    Maybaybie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    So bummed out that the horrible twinnies get to stay. I knew it would be a non-elimination as soon as it looked like they would come in last. TAR doesn't get how much the public hates them for their disrespectful mouths and theft. I just want them to get the karma they deserve! And, the Texas kids are no better. They would have been fan favorites if they had not gone along with the twins, but they were just as greedy and dishonest.

I'll be happy if either the Chippies or Beakmans win.
    Maude - there are always three NELs in the competition. As they've only had two, unless they wanted the final three to be a superleg, it'd had to be this leg to have the NEL. Problem with a superleg is that they couldn't have a speedbump in the final three as that is a huge disadvantage to the team in winning.
    maude~flanders likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie
    Did anyone else think it was weird that the ferry didn't open until 11pm?
    I checked and the ferry ride takes up to 7 hours. It makes sense to leave at night so you can get there by the next morning and viceversa.
    Mallorca is a big tourist destination in Spain and people probably fly there from other places.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    -Did anyone else think it was weird that the ferry didn't open until 11pm?
    The ferry from Genoa to Sardegna is an overnighter also. As a ferry, much of the space is taken up with cars so, there isn't a lot of room for other activities. Easier to have people sleep during the transport.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    I'm not making apologies for the Twins; they are annoying, rude, and dishone$t, but

Would it be too far reaching to say that being the only gay team on the race they are probably going to be refer as "the gays" by other people at some point?

Of course they have to go for the gay stereotype; that's how stereotypes work and the Beaks fit into it, want it or not.

It is also part of the gay stereotype that we are smart (up for discussion), always prepared and neat. I don't take offense on that!

The Beak boys are my least favorite team. I love how smart they are, but they gave up the race like 3 episodes ago, and one of them can't wait to quit at the first sign of trouble.
    Have the gay teams in the past been referred to as the "gay team"? I'm not trying to be argumentative--I just can't remember. I don't recall anyone else calling the Beekman boys anything but the Beekman boys or the goat farmers or the farmers, but I haven't seen every minute of every episode this season either.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock
    As I've mentioned before I think it's due to the number of challenges each has done and probably making sure the stronger of the two can do the final challenge.
    I think you're right... holding off the stronger of the two for the final challenges makes sense at this point.

Near the beginning of the show, The Chips made the comment that there were two legs left before the final three, so even the racers knew that it was a non-elimination of some sort.

I know a lot of people don't like the Beekman's or performance so far, but I can't help but find myself rooting for them. That was bolstered this week when the three other teams were hugging and saying... "final three! (meaning final three teams, I assume)." It was more than presumptuous and cocky, it was just annoying. Yuck.

Gloves off, go get them Beeks! Otherwise, I'm rooting for the Chips... then Trey and Lexi. What is it about Lexi that bugs me? She does have positive energy, but her non-stop 'support' does tend to remind me of the twins sometimes, and the meltdown over an injured finger was a wee bit over the top... I'm sure it hurt a lot, but suck it up a little and move on, already.
    AZChristian, wannasee and Babbred like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    . . . and the meltdown over an injured finger was a wee bit over the top...
    I could almost hear her crying, "Wait, wait, I BROKE A NAIL!!!!!!!!"

Agree that it was over the top. I'd put up with my finger throbbing if I had a 1 in 4 chance of winning $1,000,000.

I know a lot of people don't like the Beekman's or performance so far, but I can't help but find myself rooting for them. That was bolstered this week when the three other teams were hugging and saying... "final three! (meaning final three teams, I assume)." It was more than presumptuous and cocky, it was just annoying. Yuck.
    The previews said- The dream team and the underdogs, almost seems like a set up to me.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 12-03-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread