+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: 12/2 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 12/2 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Despite the lack of morals shown when stealing the Rocker's money, I started to warm to the Twisted Sisters again. (I liked them until they stole the money) Then, they had to go an stereotype the gays. Seriously?! Two brown girls don't see a problem stereotyping two gay men?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Same thing happened in another roadblock . The two with the bad ankles did it

Love the way T/L work together, no shouting at one another.

The most probable reason, imo teams Chippie and team Beekman went with their hurt team members is because they are more competant at athletic tasks, despite injuries. On Team Beekman the guy with the dark hair practically drowned in the pool. As for James, his ankle seems much better. I would guess no one was forced into an activity against their will. In the end, it worked for both teams and no one was arguing over the fact they have to do all the athletic stuff.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Another week of twins screeching at me. *sigh*

Nadiya was supposed to learn how to drive a stick...took one lesson and figured she had it. Not.

As teenagers they were supposed to practice their tennis shots and instead sloughed them off and went swimming.

On the race they chivvy others to do the dirty work for their dream alliance. Others have been leading and u-turning while they shrug it all off.

I apologize, but I just can't like this team. Actually this group of racers is the weirdest group I've ever seen on the race. All lovey dovey in their alliance of three while celebrating the "wimpy" Beekmans as the fourth and out. I wonder if next week, the twins will make the other two teams in their alliance wait for them while they finish the speed bump. Ohhhh, I hope they ask. tee-hee.

At this point, I'm rooting for the Beekmans, and if they don't make it, the Chippies.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    The twins said something how the Beekmans were prepared (re having a map) because they are gay. I didn't realize preparedness was a gay trait. .
    Favourite line was the Chippies talking about having some experience with construction outfits from their time with the troupe, and James talking about swinging a styrofoam hammer.
    Yeah, that's what confused me too. What does thinking ahead and making sure they had a map--and knowing how to use it effectively--have to do with anyone's sexual preference? I think they were just annoyed that for once, somebody wasn't being all helpful to them. Really, I don't know why the Beekman boys (or anyone) would be helpful to them at this point. They were the ones who wanted A/R out so badly and the others went along with it to eliminate a strong team. The Beekmans (and everyone else) know the Twinnies are competitive. Moreover, the Beekman boys knew that the only ones they had a likely possibility of beating this leg were the Twinnies, so why in the world would they help them? If the situation were reversed, I doubt the Twinnies would have helped the goat farmers--and I wouldn't have blamed them if they hadn't.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Another week of twins screeching at me. *sigh*

Nadiya was supposed to learn how to drive a stick...took one lesson and figured she had it. Not.

As teenagers they were supposed to practice their tennis shots and instead sloughed them off and went swimming.

On the race they chivvy others to do the dirty work for their dream alliance. Others have been leading and u-turning while they shrug it all off.

I apologize, but I just can't like this team. Actually this group of racers is the weirdest group I've ever seen on the race. All lovey dovey in their alliance of three while celebrating the "wimpy" Beekmans as the fourth and out. I wonder if next week, the twins will make the other two teams in their alliance wait for them while they finish the speed bump. Ohhhh, I hope they ask. tee-hee.

At this point, I'm rooting for the Beekmans, and if they don't make it, the Chippies.
    OMG, I hope they ask too--and that everyone stares at them as if they're crazy and go on ahead. They're the ones who set up the idea that it's important to work together to eliminate strong teams at the back of the pack. If the rest of the teams then choose to do the same thing to them, they can't really claim it's wrong or unfair.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    The close caption said "they have a map, they are always prepared"

Meh. They ARE gay (so I am). A male team would also say "I can't believe the girls beat us" and I wouldn't make much of a fuss either. The Beak boys do seem delicate I have to say.
    I'm neither male nor gay--but it bugged me that they referred to being unable to believe that "the gays" beat us. If they'd said they couldn't believe the goat farmers or the Beekman boys (the two nicknames the team has acquired) beat them, I'd not have been bothered, because they haven't been as competitive at physical tasks, though anything that's involved more brains than brawn (the famous people cocktail task, the time zone task, and to some extent, the windmill task too, as it was a sort of spatial puzzle) has been comparatively easy for them (certainly they had much less trouble with the time zone task than everyone else). But saying they couldn't believe a team had beat them because they were gay...well, what does that have to do with the ability to put a windmill together? Heck, as the Beakman boys pointed out, they have to do a lot of similar tasks on their farm, and they even have a windmill, though not one like the one they put together tonight. I believe one of them said it was similar to repairing a tractor, which they've done. It would have made more sense for the Twinnies to say something like, "Well, of course they beat us on this task--they're farmers!"

And if an all male team said they couldn't believe "the girls" beat them, that would hack me off too, because it's sexist, unless they had the kind of relationship with the women who beat them that would make the women assume they were joking. The Twinnies don't appear to have that kind of relationship with the Beekman boys. They're certainly not part of their alliance, and they were really only so happy to see them tonight because that meant their plan to eliminate A/R had worked and the team they thought would be harder to beat, and whom they personally disliked, were gone.

Also, regardless of what the closed captioning, which isn't always entirely accurate, said, someone else apparently heard them refer to them having a map and claiming it was because they were gay. That didn't make sense to me and it still doesn't. I mean, I guess accusing a group of being organized and prepared isn't exactly a slur, but it is a vast generalization.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    The twins finally said something about a team that is true, with which I fully agree . . . "WE SUCK!!!!"

And I am hoping for one nasty speed bump - KARMA TIME!!!!

Honestly, regardless of who would be facing the speed bump, I really think a final four speed bump should be harder. We're now down to the point where they figure out the final three who'll be racing for the big money. In order to get into that final three, the teams should have to be the best of those left, and so the speed bump the fourth team needs to get by should be challenging. If it's fairly easy, as the speed bumps have been so far, what's the point of even having it?

To the Point

I hope that these teams do realize that they can't all win! They are racing against each other, not with each other. That being said, I've enjoyed the fact that there have been some teams who do actually like each other.

I like the fact that Trey & Lexi have been so respectful of each other and, for the most part, have worked well together. Wish they had refrained from having ANY part in the money fiasco, but, that one incident aside, I actually like this team. I'm not even going to duck.......rotten eggs and tomatoes don't scare me.

Loved the beach scene. It was nice to see the teams put aside the race and have fun since there was time.

The Twins, while too loud and obnoxious for my taste, do not blame others for their problems. They accept responsibility when things go wrong. I liked the fact that they own that. Still don't think I could handle being around them for ANY extended period of time, but I don't think they would ever be boring, just annoying.
    atlMD, Alexxxx and Midol like this.

I'm not making apologies for the Twins; they are annoying, rude, and dishone$t, but

Would it be too far reaching to say that being the only gay team on the race they are probably going to be refer as "the gays" by other people at some point?

Of course they have to go for the gay stereotype; that's how stereotypes work and the Beaks fit into it, want it or not.

It is also part of the gay stereotype that we are smart (up for discussion), always prepared and neat. I don't take offense on that!

The Beak boys are my least favorite team. I love how smart they are, but they gave up the race like 3 episodes ago, and one of them can't wait to quit at the first sign of trouble.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I want Jaymes & James to win the most. Second would be Trey & Lexi. I don't really want the Beekmans or the Twinnies to win. I'd be disappointed if the Beekmans won because they've been lagging behind so much of the race, I hardly consider them to be the strongest team there. It's like on Survivor when the do-nothing, under-the-radar person rides someone else's coattails to the end and then ends up winning. I wouldn't feel as if it was deserved. I know others will disagree with me but that's how I see it. The Twinnies I don't like for many reasons. Haven't liked them since the beginning.
    Masterchef 5 Pool: Registration Closed
    So You Think You Can Dance 11 Pool: Registration deadline: July 9th
    Face Off 7: TBA

+ Reply to Thread