+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: 12/2 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 12/2 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I missed the beginning of the show. It looked like things were running super late so I decided to watch Once Upon a Time. When I checked back on TAR, it had started in Natalie and Nadiya was in third place. I was wondering how they got so far behind when they finished the last leg first. Obviously, I figured it out by the end of the episode. I was sooo happy they weren't eliminated at the end! Not because I like them but because they're the captains of my team in the TAR pool.

I still don't have a problem with the use of the U-Turn last time. It was strategy and as long as the show doesn't have a rule against it, it's fair play.

I do think it's odd how much the teams this season continue to help each other and do tasks together.

It was stupid of the Beekman guy with the hurt ankle to do a physical task. I can't believe those guys are still in the race.
    Midol likes this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

The Chippies or the Beeckman boys. Chipppies are truly fun and humble and kind people who are also well-mannered and appreciative of the locals. Team Beeckman, you just have to love their refusal to give up. For such a `weak' team, they certainly never gave up, which would be easy to do since they were constantly playing catch up. That wears on a team psychologically, constantly being in the bottom two.Its easier to stay positive when you are in the hunt. So my hats are off to them. I actually let out a YEAH! when they came in third. God love them. As for The Twinnies and Team Texas, they are thieves and I cannot accept that or get past it. It was selfish and unnecessary. The Twinnies ENJOYED doing it and Team Texas chose to go along with it rather than speak up.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 12-02-2012 at 11:05 PM.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

We haven't had a M/M team win since season 16, and since then we've had two F/F winners and a couple couples, so I guess it's their turn now.

Loved how happy the first three were in Spain( really obvious the Chippies were not bullied into turning R & A) ) such angst and now they are laughing- never seen so many hugs , & helping one another.I don't care for it.

N&N trying to drive . Reminded me of when I started with a stick shift. Can Josh and Brent( well Josh) be anymore of a downer.- good grief!!!! Even if they win, I am sure Josh would be down about it. So bloody boring.

Well N &N, you have a speed bump, bet theirs is harder than an ice cream vendor.

Go Chippies and Trey and Lexie
    wannasee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

When Phil didn't say "congratulations you are one of the three teams racing for the million dollars" I knew it would be a NEL. I like the twins- they crack me up. I don't particularly like that they didn't return Team Hair's money, but I like them because I am entertained by them. We may never hang out, but I'm okay with that. ;-) Same with T/L. It is nice to see a young couple that is respectful and encouraging of each other and whom also listen to each other. Neither Trey, nor Lexi seems to be Top Dog in the relationship. It's nice to see after all the teams over the years that just yelled, berated, and cut each other down. As much as I haven't really cared much for the Beekman Boys, I admire their drive and that they never give up (even if we have to hear about it ad nauseum). If they made it to final 4 then they deserve to be there. The Chipmunks are my favorites. Who doesn't love them? They are having a great time on the race and seem to learn at least a little of the local language to say please and thank you. They both have a great attitude and one of them is originally from Maine, so they have to be my favorites just by default. I'm also selfishly hoping that if they do win, that they will celebrate by dropping trou and doing a little Chippie dance....okay, yeah well, a girl can hope!!

Other thoughts...

-Did anyone else think it was weird that the ferry didn't open until 11pm?
    -I found it odd that this was the first task where they had to drive themselves. Obviously they weren't sure how that worked either because in one camera shot James and Jaymes are both shown in the front seats and in the next shot one of them is in the backseat.
    -Why did taller Beekman (and one of the Chips) do the tennis task when they each had a hurt ankle?
    -Can someone please tell me the significance of the headless lady at the Pit Stop. Did I miss something?
    Shoepie and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Why did James and Josh agree to do the tennis task when they both have bad ankles? Are their partners that athletically inept?
    In the case of Tennis - eye hand coordination is more important than necessarily speed. In their cases, both probably had the better eye/hand coordination.

The ONLY other reason I can see them agree is if and onlly if they were a bit too far behind on the amount of roadblocks they've done they had no choice. Because of the one season where the winners only had one person do the roadblocks, now they have to be evened out.
    redsox girl likes this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

So bummed out that the horrible twinnies get to stay. I knew it would be a non-elimination as soon as it looked like they would come in last. TAR doesn't get how much the public hates them for their disrespectful mouths and theft. I just want them to get the karma they deserve! And, the Texas kids are no better. They would have been fan favorites if they had not gone along with the twins, but they were just as greedy and dishonest.

I'll be happy if either the Chippies or Beakmans win.

Why did taller Beekman (and one of the Chips) do the tennis task when they each had a hurt ankle?
    Same thing happened in another roadblock . The two with the bad ankles did it

Love the way T/L work together, no shouting at one another.
    -Andy Rooney-

My favourite part was how much everyone (but the farmers who were still travelling), enjoyed themselves in Spain. I don't ever recall teams getting along so well? This felt like a bit of a sneak peak behind the scenes while they are waiting at pit stops.

Amazing Race Canada? I have always said that the only reality show I would ever try out for was AR but since Canadians couldn't do the US version, I was out of luck. I did run in our local AR fundraiser for the United Way...and my team was the only two time winner...and now is my chance at the real thing. I'm just a TAD competative! Time to go find myself a partner...
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    My favourite part was how much everyone (but the farmers who were still travelling), enjoyed themselves in Spain. I don't ever recall teams getting along so well? This felt like a bit of a sneak peak behind the scenes while they are waiting at pit stops.

Amazing Race Canada? I have always said that the only reality show I would ever try out for was AR but since Canadians couldn't do the US version, I was out of luck. I did run in our local AR fundraiser for the United Way...and my team was the only two time winner...and now is my chance at the real thing. I'm just a TAD competative! Time to go find myself a partner...
    I hope that goes to the NWT.I know that place very well
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread