+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Okay, too lazy to go back and quote....regarding the Chips deciding to u-turn A&R even though they were so stinking far behind, am I wrong in thinking the teams really don't know how far behind other teams are unless they've actually seen them during the challenge? For some reason I was thinking this was the case. That being said, I really do think they should have chosen Texas just because they did know that they were close.
    No, they don't - and as we saw a team with a layover (the twins) got ahead of a direct flight team (Chippendales). And they knew that the farmers were behind Abbie and Ryan and as they're a weaker team (increasing their chances of advancing) would naturally try and give the farmers an advantage. It was smart thinking.

I AM upset with the farmers - this is a game and had they waited for Abbie and Ryan to finish both tasks and let them advance, I'd been disappointed and called them quitters. I'm glad that Phil called them out on that, saying he could just eliminate them right then and there instead of advancing - even going to the next round.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Now I'm confused. If A/R have already been U-turned, how can they be U-turned again when there aren't more than two tasks per roadblock.
    You can use a U-Turn once in the race. You can BE U-Turned by other teams more than once. This isn't out there - and are used only for detours.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    There must not be any rules against it or they wouldn't have done it. I wonder if they will change or add a rule for that now.
    If they did it would have to be for the VISIBLE U-Turns only. The blind ones - which no one knows who U-Turned whom, it would be possible to accidentally U-Turn a team who already has passed and used the U-ey. Now, if it is a double blind (though rare) then two of the same team wouldn't be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think it is, yes. My first thought was, every family seems to be touched with this beastly disease. What I do like, is that he sent them a postcard to say he was coming back with the money.He has put it out there, that's really really positive!!
    Actually FM it was not the first time we were told the blond guy's (Jaymes or James) father had cancer. I mentioned it in my previous upthread post. I had made a post almost at the beginning of this race that the Chips were my favorite team. They had turned out to be completely different from what I expected - both were really nice guys and I liked the reason that they were racing. Both were racing for their families. The dark haired one wanted to give his family a better life and the blond guy's dad had cancer and was racing for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Actually FM it was not the first time we were told the blond guy's (Jaymes or James) father had cancer. I mentioned it in my previous upthread post. I had made a post almost at the beginning of this race that the Chips were my favorite team. They had turned out to be completely different from what I expected - both were really nice guys and I liked the reason that they were racing. Both were racing for their families. The dark haired one wanted to give his family a better life and the blond guy's dad had cancer and was racing for him.
    Oh, I didnt know! thanks Jacee .I like the chippies, not as much as I loved the cowboys though. I mean they travel with their cuff and bow tie( I think that was all production) I also think the way they strolled around, they knew how far back A/R were..jmho

I wonder if karma will step in, it has to hurry if the twinnies aren't going to win. I didnt like they took the money, but I am passed that and like their accents and the way they are. I am betting they wont be sore loses if & when they go
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teams have accidentally U-turned other teams that were ahead of them. (This happened earlier this season with the Monster Truckers, I believe, who made a guess and got it wrong.)

The U-turn is a strategy. All the teams knew it was coming. And A&R knew they had a target on their backs, and they were prepared...they were planning on U-turning the Beekmans. But the Twinnies thought it through and set up a strategy that counteracted it.

The Chippies could have U-turned the Twins, leaving Texas to U-turn A&R, if they wanted.

What I thought was...well, "funny" isn't exactly the right word...is that it was the Twinnies plan, but they took the Fast Forward so they never faced the U-turn.

And I really hoped that some of the teams ended up going to Paris :-) That would have changed the dynamics of the race a bit (although Paris isn't all that far, relatively speaking, from Amsterdam).

Wow, some definite, missed opportunities! As many posted, Trey and Lexie could have been in Paris, trying to figure out where the clue was. But the Twinnies could have lied to J&J and said they couldn't finish the FF and let them waste time doing it, rushing to the mat and finding out the Twins already got it. (Could that happen, in reality? Not sure if production would step in.) J&J could have u-turned T&L, which is what I thought the previews last week alluded to. The Twins could have missed their connecting flight. Not a huge fan of A&R BUT if they purchased both sets of tickets for connecting flights, wouldn't they have shown up in the computer system and therefore, regular check-in wouldn't have applied? (I've had some close calls for connecting flights, but they knew the status of the incoming plane, so I've never been bumped). I did feel just a little bad for them.

Really disappointed with the farmers - especially Josh. Did he not realise that he was in a race? Had it been down to the last 2 teams, Abbie & Ryan would have definately pushed these 2 out of the way to get there first.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Wow, some definite, missed opportunities! As many posted, Trey and Lexie could have been in Paris, trying to figure out where the clue was. But the Twinnies could have lied to J&J and said they couldn't finish the FF and let them waste time doing it, rushing to the mat and finding out the Twins already got it. (Could that happen, in reality? Not sure if production would step in.).
    No - they have a sign saying the Fast Forward has been taken normally. This has happened in the past.

This case the teams were so close to each other that it'd been pointless for the twins to say that they hadn't completed it, and why bother when the bus would've said so too and them risk LOSING the Chippendales' help?

Fascinating makeup of personalities this go around. Two softies, James and Brent, would rather place themselves in jeopardy than race hard. I'm shaking my head. I really hope Josh can keep Brent to his promise to compete. I couldn't believe Brent was so hangdog at the mat. But, then, I remember the food bazar and how he knew they had lost and stolled through enjoying the ambiance. Keep poking him, Josh!

Ryan - you had a bad day. I'm surprised they gave into the "travel through Frankfurt" especially with their foreboding about it. His emotions took over and he couldn't find any enjoyment in anything Amsterdam had to offer. His sour face and harsh attitude was a good contrast, though, to the two, James and Brent, who would have handed him the mat on a silver platter.

I loved the "living" painting recreation. That is a huge deal every summer in Orange County, CA where this group presents the Masters. I truly wish I could have tasted the pastry, but not the herring crusted in brine salt. I'm half Swedish but the other half takes over when it comes to Scandinavian fishy delights (and lutefisk)!

It's the Final Four and no big deal was made of it. This is one fascinating, but weird season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread