+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

During the herring FF did one of the twins actualy it smells like fish?? Really? What is it suppose to smell like, roses?
    waywyrd likes this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

FORT Fan

In regards to the famers, I think they were feeling super responsible at that point. If Abbie and Ryan hadn't made that pact with them to stick together, A/R would have left the swimming challenge right after they finished instead of waiting who knows how many hours for the boys. And despite the negativity, the whining, and the annoyance over the U-Turn, I think sitting there waiting for the boys to finish that challenge really does show their true characters. Frankly, I would have been annoyed and whiney at that point as well. They may have made a bad decision in a previous leg, trying to make a very short connection, but they just had nothing but bad luck this time around with planes. As someone who has had long delays in airports due to everything from weather issues to mechanical problems, it does wear down your energy and patience. To not be allowed on their first flight (which I understand, and do not blame the gate agent at all) to having their SECOND flight delayed by mechanical issues and having to switch planes...that's just rough.

I also really admire the farmers. I was screaming at them to just get on with it when they saw A/R had been U-turned, but they also proved what good people they are. It blew my mind that they actually stood around contemplating if they should wait for, or even help, the couple while they did the other detour. I know we discussed this back when the twins and Texas stole that money, but it really does show that you have to be able to live with your actions AFTER the race. A million (or two) is great, but if you can't look at yourself in the mirror, it ain't worth it. I think they boys are so far behind now that unless there's a huge equalizer, they'll be eliminated next, but they will definitely be able to hold their heads up at the end.

I too was hoping that Texas would end up in Paris. And that the twins would miss their connection. Darn.

I didn't mind Chips using the U-Turn. It's part of the game, it's a tool to be used. That being said, I HATE it. I want to see a team succeed or fail based on their own decisions or skills. And I hate that this week it was used to doubly screw over A/R. But I think A/R will understand why Chips used it when they watch the show. It seemed to me like the Twins were encouraging the others to use it just because they don't like A/R, but Chips really agonized over the choice and ultimately decided to use it because they want to help folks back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Seriously, farmers...it is a game. It is all well and good to be nice and helpful, but at some point you have to play the game. Don't think that Abby and Ryan would be waiting for you no matter how much their attitudes have changed.

You could say the same thing for Chips. I nearly reached through the TV and strangled them when they told Texas they were supposed to go to Holland. I would gladly have seen them pack off for Paris. I hope the U-Turn has caused the Chips to wake up and realize that they are near the end of the race, so they had better start think about eliminating Twins and Texas. Speaking of which, I didn't mind Chips using the U-Turn, I just wish they hadn't of done so because of the pact they made with the others.

I'm not entirely happy that A & R are gone, since they were real competition for Twins and Texas. The Farmers clearly aren't, so Chips are really going to have to step up their game if they want to win.

And I now take back everything I said last week about hour layovers. As somebody pointed out here, the Twins only had an hour layover this week and they made it just fine. I guess A & R just had really bad luck. Ce la vie.

As for karma kicking in, well, sometimes it doesn't. It sucks, but sometimes the bad guys get away with it. Remember the Cowboys and the Whiny Brothers? I know that's controversial, and that some people disagree, but I will always consider what the Brothers did as cheating. And I sure as heck considered it cheating when all the other racers ganged up on the Cowboys to eliminate them in the next go-round.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

I understand the disappointment Abbie and Ryan felt at being u-turned by their 'friends'. What bothers me is their hypocrisy. The fact is, they were ready to u-turn their other 'friends', Josh and Brent, if they themselves had been u-turned. And, let's not forget, they only won the first leg, and therefore a shot at $2 million, by returning a kindness with a betrayal. Can't say I'm sorry to see them go.
    captain, sweetpea, Moontat and 2 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

When did everyone forget this was a race and all become big buddies, and afraid to lose friends if they did one thing wrong. Its ridiculous-. Good idea with the u-turn.The cynic in me thinks TPTB came up with it so they wouldnt have to fork over 2 million.

For one million dollars,I would U-turn the fieriest competitors, & I wouldn't want anyone to u turn me ( farmers) so they could do the task with someone. Good grief - AR is going to jump the shark at this rate

Josh and Brent, come on now . If they didn't want the million, don't do the race.I think Brent is a little more on the ball, and was able to push Josh. As he said, someone had to be last on that mat.

I would be a sore loser as well, so near to the 2 million, and poof, all gone. I felt sorry for Abbi, Ryan is a unlikable imho. But I still say he has every right to feel lousy at coming in last.

Next week Josh and Brent look like they are in trouble , I want them to get it the AR race and win !!! the Chippies as well, stop being friends, you will have lots of them if you win
    wannasee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I understand the disappointment Abbie and Ryan felt at being u-turned by their 'friends'. What bothers me is their hypocrisy. The fact is, they were ready to u-turn their other 'friends', Josh and Brent, if they themselves had been u-turned.
    Yes. I felt badly for them for about a half second if less, until I remembered that just minutes ago they were willing to u-turn their close buddies in order to further their chances of winning 2 million dollars. Either you understand it's part of the game or you take it personally. You don't get to choose one when it happens to you and then the other when you're doing it to someone else.

I also hated their "Whatever. I'm done. I give up." demeanor, although I can understand how it would come over them given the troubles with airports and connections. I am willing to bet they wouldn't fly to or through Frankfurt if you paid them a large amount of money to do so.

The twins were very fortunate they could make their 1 hour connection, allowing them to get into Amsterdam early enough to get the fast forward.

I really wish the Chips hadn't set Trey and Lexie straight on the flag. If T&L had actually boarded a plane and flown to Paris I would have

I don't think A&R will hold a grudge against the chips, especially not after viewing the show and seeing how conflicted they were. To do so would be really petty, IMO. I am really, really, REALLY hoping we are seeing a winning edit with the Chips. Is this the first time we've heard that Jaymes (James?) has a parent with cancer?

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Dang it, Chippies--can't you keep your mouths shut? Let the stupid UT team go to Paris if they want to do that.

Oh, please, please, please--let the over-confident Twinnies screw up by insisting they can make a connection in an hour, even though the booking agent is telling them they can't.
    Right there is the only problem I have with the Chippendales. They used needing to win as an excuse to uturn a team 4 hours behind them, but they let a team 4 minutes behind them keep from making a mistake.

I might have accepted their reasoning for uturning Abbie and Ryan as wanting to win if they hadn't told Texas Paris wasn't the right answer.

You can't have it both ways boys. Of course, I'm still pulling for them because it will be repugnant if Texxas or Twinnies win this thing, and I can't see Josh and Brent making it into the finals. But I did lose some respect for them tonight. Oh I so wish they tweeted so I could tell them this!
    Do you want to see the Cook Islands Great Humpback Whale? Ozazy Lusth from Survivor! Ozzy, I want to see the great cook Islands Humpback Whale!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yes. I felt badly for them for about a half second if less, until I remembered that just minutes ago they were willing to u-turn their close buddies in order to further their chances of winning 2 million dollars. Either you understand it's part of the game or you take it personally. You don't get to choose one when it happens to you and then the other when you're doing it to someone else.

I also hated their "Whatever. I'm done. I give up." demeanor, although I can understand how it would come over them given the troubles with airports and connections. I am willing to bet they wouldn't fly to or through Frankfurt if you paid them a large amount of money to do so.

The twins were very fortunate they could make their 1 hour connection, allowing them to get into Amsterdam early enough to get the fast forward.

I really wish the Chips hadn't set Trey and Lexie straight on the flag. If T&L had actually boarded a plane and flown to Paris I would have

I don't think A&R will hold a grudge against the chips, especially not after viewing the show and seeing how conflicted they were. To do so would be really petty, IMO. I am really, really, REALLY hoping we are seeing a winning edit with the Chips. Is this the first time we've heard that Jaymes (James?) has a parent with cancer?
    It's the first time I remember any mention being made of one of the Chippie's having a parent (or was it parents?) with cancer. But I missed bits and pieces of a few episodes, so they may have mentioned it before without me hearing it.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Right there is the only problem I have with the Chippendales. They used needing to win as an excuse to uturn a team 4 hours behind them, but they let a team 4 minutes behind them keep from making a mistake.

I might have accepted their reasoning for uturning Abbie and Ryan as wanting to win if they hadn't told Texas Paris wasn't the right answer.
    I have a different take... I saw it as, the Chippendales instinct is to help, but when their backs are against the wall they will do what it takes to further themselves in the game.

When they helped Team Texas it was spur of the moment. They just reacted and told their 'friends' that they had selected the wrong country. With Abbie and Ryan it was different. They had been given a scenario by the other teams, and, when they arrived at the u-turn, they had time to ponder the consequences before they acted.
    sclilred1, Longhornfan and Midol like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I agree that the U-turn is part of the game and that there are probably no rules about what L/T did by u-turning someone they knew was ahead of them (well, obviously there aren't, or they wouldn't have been allowed to do it or would have been penalized for doing it). I also agree, however, that I really don't like the U-turn, which, as far as I can recall, hasn't always been a part of the game. I'd rather just see people race without someone being able to screw someone else over. There are enough travel variables involved already--flights that don't go as planned, cabbies that get lost, trains/busses that get missed or delayed--that they don't need to add in any more.

It does occur to me too, that this season there seems to be teams who always seem to be lucky--the Twinnies, L/T--and teams that seem to suffer more than their share of bad luck--A/R, the farmers, and, of course, Team Hair. I'm not suggesting there's anything untoward afoot. It's just a weird coincidence that some teams seem to be having the worst luck while others have the best. I mean, you can be the best team in the world but if your flights get screwed up, it doesn't matter, for instance. And tonight, the Twinnies made an hour connection whereas last week the Beekman boys and A/R didn't. Really just luck of the draw there. Same thing with L/T, who were all set to believe that they should be booking a flight to France, but lucky for them, the Chips were kind enough (or dumb enough) to tell them they weren't.

Here's to hoping that trend reverses itself in the final legs, because if the Twinnies or Team UT win, it's going to be really hard to swallow--and I'm guessing AR won't be too happy about it either, since that means they'd have winners with questionable popularity. Kind of like when Gretchen won PR.
    wannasee likes this.

+ Reply to Thread