+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Seriously, farmers...it is a game. It is all well and good to be nice and helpful, but at some point you have to play the game. Don't think that Abby and Ryan would be waiting for you no matter how much their attitudes have changed.
    Oh, I think they know that. Even admitted it by saying that they didn't want to be eliminated instead of A/R and that they believe whoever wins was meant to win. I don't think A/R would have held it against the farmers if they'd felt forced to U-turn them either or vice versa. For that matter, if A/R knew why the Chippies felt they had to U-turn them and that they felt really crummy about it...well, I don't know if they'd forgive them immediately, but it might make it easier for them to take, knowing that they're trying to play for parents with health problems, so they can take care of them properly.

But again, I really, really wish we'd have a reunion show this year. There'd be so much to discuss.

Those damn Chippendales - LMAO. This is a race HELLOOOOO?????? Of course A&R would have done the same thing. And they were just using the goat farmers - keeping them in their sites so they knew they wouldn't be the last ones on the mat. Glad they are gone - sore losers.
    jogi, spector and Longhornfan like this.

I do feel bad for Abby and Ryan. That was a really tough day but while 2 million may be life changing to you, one million could be life saving for the Chips. I hope that after watching, A/R don't hold it against the Chips and keep the sense of perspective that they seem to have discovered the last few legs.
    Last edited by Midol; 11-25-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't think Jaymes and James did anything wrong U-turning Abbie and Ryan. They shouldn't have to justify using a tool given to them in the race. This is a contest after all and Abbie & Ryan knew they had a target on their backs. If they hadn't stopped to run parts of the race with the Beekman's, they might not have been so far behind that being u-turned put them out of the game.

I also don't think Trex and Lexi did anything wrong u-turning a couple they knew had already passed the u-turn. It was strategy. They wanted to make sure Abbie and Ryan fell to the very back and couldn't u-turn another team in hopes of at least beating them.

Abbie & Ryan sure were poor losers. Jaymes and James didn't come on the race to earn $2 million dollars for Abbie & Ryan. Every team there wants to win and has their own reasons for doing so. Abbie & Ryan should have just accepted that they were bested, partly due to unforunate circumstances at the airports, and not take the loss personally.
    captain, Longhornfan and jucamer like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Definitely doing the Floating Dutchman when we go to Amsterdam in 2014!!!!! (Hold the herring, though.)
    waywyrd and jucamer like this.

A&R are sore losers. The U-turn is there for a reason. So should J&J and everyone else just give up and give the money to them!? I like the farm boys but their insistence to race together with A&R got on my nerves.
    Longhornfan and jucamer like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Hey, AZ! Bring me back some of those pastries from Amsterdam. They looked so good! Hold the herring for me, too.
    Moontat and AZChristian like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Hey, AZ! Bring me back some of those pastries from Amsterdam. They looked so good! Hold the herring for me, too.
    You got it!
    JohnnyK likes this.

CCL

Seriously, farmers...it is a game. It is all well and good to be nice and helpful, but at some point you have to play the game. Don't think that Abby and Ryan would be waiting for you no matter how much their attitudes have changed.

Very true. And clearly Ryan and Abbie expected, before the uturn, to best the Beekmans at the end, even as they ran the leg together, as one of them, not sure if it was Abbie or Ryan, made a comment about the Beekmans not being into it anymore so it didn't matter if they worked together as they would touch the mat first (can't remember exact wording).

Ryan has been a drag before but Abbie was also Debbie Downer today. I guess I understand their frustration and their being worn down, but the complaining and negativity gets old. And I hated Ryan's whole "The Chips cost us two million dollars. That amount of money is life-changing" because a) their own decision a couple legs back regarding plane choices is what killed them, leading to them being so far behind and in a position to be uturned (take some responsibility) and b) a million dollars is just as life-changing for the Chips, so why shouldn't they do everything they can to ensure they get it? And y'all have known each other two weeks, and haven't seen each other for much of that time, so I don't care how good "friends" you think you are, you're not.

I was hoping Trey and Lexie would end up in France. That would have been amusing.

I love the Chippendales. Grandma stayed around after giving the ten euros - she was probably hoping for more of a show.
    jogi, sclilred1 and jucamer like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Seriously!! I wanted to shove the Beekmans onto the mat my damned self (by their necks)! I'm a gay guy who likes a challenge... I'm not so sure Josh and Brent are.

Seriously, in the Netherlands, but NO STROOPWAFELS????

+ Reply to Thread