+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    lol I was wondering...what the heck would they do once they flew there? Chase all over Paris, looking for a random clue box? In retrospect, it would have added a lot to the show for me!
    Well, the clue said (IIRC) to take a train to the city and then look for a clue box at the train station. So if they flew into Charles De Gaulle Airport or Orly Airport, they would have taken the train to Paris...only to not find a clue. But it would have been fun to watch them search the Montparnasse Train Station looking for that clue ;-)
    AZChristian and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I love Jaymes and James they are such an upbeat team.

I have to say that if Ryan and Abi had won the 2 million I don't believe for an instance they would have helped out Jaymes's dad. In both cases Team Ryan and Team Chip and Dale the money would have been life changing. I totally understand that Jaymes is doing it to help his dad and Ryan is doing it to help himself. I also totally believe that Abi and Ryan would have U-Turned Jaymes and James if they had to without blinking an eye. I do hope though that Ryan doesn't turn into an a$$hole over this after the race toward Chip and Dale.
    Everyone is playing for themselves, even Jaymes. The winner will choose to help who they want, if they do, and it will be their own family. After taxes it amounts to about $650,000. These racers are young and it would be best to invest that for their future and not go giving it away to people they met at the begining of the race.
    holly71 and Alexxxx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Rembrant, I wondered about that missing "d"! I thought it had something to do with The Warriors but looked it up and that character has a "d". ???
    Actually, it is based on the character from The Warriors. Rembrandt was my favorite character, the actor was from my hometown, and my father and one of my ncles knew him before he moved to NY and was in the movie. I just decided to take away one letter from the name, don't know why.

Anyway, I got Twitter not long ago, and it's quite refreshing to see the players reacting to what happens in the game after it's all been said and done. Ryan's actually been very pleasant, which may mean that his being a total jerk (as well as a hypocrite in this episode) in the race may be out of a fierce competitive streak rather than actual malice, and it's quite a contrast from other people, like say, Pete from Survivor, who at least from what I've seen, has been a jerk on Twitter too.

I was SO pissed off with this episode (I only got around to watching it yesterday). WTF? It shouldn't be allowed in a Double U-Turn to let someone u-turn a team that's already passed through! (when the Chippies had used it, moved on and checked in, and the team behind them used it "on them" to deter the next people from using it.) Stinky to allow that.

Discredits the rest of this season for me.
    Florimel and Babbred like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that in previous seasons the U=turn could be used only on teams that were behind the team using the U-turn.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that in previous seasons the U=turn could be used only on teams that were behind the team using the U-turn.
    The concept of the U-turn is to use it for a team that's behind you (so that you have a better chance of coming in ahead of them). But it's not a requirement, and over the seasons, several teams have U-turned a team that's ahead of them (although typically because they didn't know the other team was ahead).
    Hyper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    The concept of the U-turn is to use it for a team that's behind you (so that you have a better chance of coming in ahead of them). But it's not a requirement, and over the seasons, several teams have U-turned a team that's ahead of them (although typically because they didn't know the other team was ahead).
    I know, it still stinks. Just because it's "legal" doesn't make it right.

I just couldn't even watch last night's episode. If I want to watch people getting royally screwed, I'll watch pay-per-view.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread