+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I doubt TPTB would have let teams go to the wrong country. Just would not have let them buy tickets until they figured it out.
    Production can't interfere. TPTB would have let them go to the wrong country and figure out what they did wrong. (Many seasons ago, one team chose a really convoluted route and ended up arriving almost a day behind the rest of the racers. It's not quite the same, but close.)
    AZChristian likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I think that's why they just gave them the flag and said, "Go to the capital of this country." They were probably HOPING someone would end up in Paris.
    Rattus, jucamer and Babbred like this.

If a team does not get something right during the game, they do not receive their next clue. I believe that is what would have happened.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post

Seeing as how I don't dislike the TwiNNies like most everyone here does (I remember Natalie tweeted that they only took the money because it was the competition and that she'd have given it back had it not been in a situation of being in a race for a million dollars), I'm happy they came in first and that their U-Turn plan worked. It was actually quite brilliant, even, I'm surprised nobody had ever used the U-Turn in such a way before.

OMG...OMG...OMG I am right now. I thought I had heard it all from my students. I thought I couldn't be shocked or surprised by any lame excuse anymore. I can honestly say, though, that this one absolutely takes the cake.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Yeah.....I have to agree. That 'excuse' is pretty lame. She would have been better to just say "it was a dumb decision and I regret it now" rather than try to pass it off as "it's a race for a million dollars so that excuses me taking something that doesn't belong to me" - Nope. Not gonna fly with me. She should fly back to Bangladesh and tell that to the people who donated money to help James and Abba out..."Yeah, I know 85% of your country is poor as dirt, but it was a race for a million dollars, so that's ok, right??!" Give me a break.
    holly71, Florimel, Shoepie and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yeah.....I have to agree. That 'excuse' is pretty lame. She would have been better to just say "it was a dumb decision and I regret it now" rather than try to pass it off as "it's a race for a million dollars so that excuses me taking something that doesn't belong to me" - Nope. Not gonna fly with me. She should fly back to Bangladesh and tell that to the people who donated money to help James and Abba out..."Yeah, I know 85% of your country is poor as dirt, but it was a race for a million dollars, so that's ok, right??!" Give me a break.

I had forgotten about the Rockers having to go begging. Great point. I guess you could justify almost any behavior with that excuse. "Hey, I just screwed a one-legged woman in order to beat her to the mat. But it was for 2 million dollars!"
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I love Jaymes and James they are such an upbeat team.

I have to say that if Ryan and Abi had won the 2 million I don't believe for an instance they would have helped out Jaymes's dad. In both cases Team Ryan and Team Chip and Dale the money would have been life changing. I totally understand that Jaymes is doing it to help his dad and Ryan is doing it to help himself. I also totally believe that Abi and Ryan would have U-Turned Jaymes and James if they had to without blinking an eye. I do hope though that Ryan doesn't turn into an a$$hole over this after the race toward Chip and Dale.
    This post makes me think you're not on Twitter. Ryan has been nothing but gracious to all other teams as the show has aired. He even stood up for Texas and the Twinnies over the money thing. He did not say it was a good move, but he said there were no bad people in the race and it was a unique situation and they shouldn't be judged. He also actually responded to a general TAR post where someone bashed the twins' looks as "uncalled for." I don't think he's said a lot about the Chippendales, but he's not really had to. I also haven't read his post-show tweets this week, but I have read a few of Abbie's. They seem very gracious in defeat and respectful of everyone who ran the race. I think the twins annoyed him (They certainly do me), but he's not carrying that with him as his final opinion of them.

It seems to me like Abbie and Ryan got a bad edit because they needed a villain. It's part of the story. I don't think for one minute we saw how they are in day to day life. I do believe they are competitive and that was a truthful edit, but I don't think they're "jerk and bland" as someone else called them. I actually find them to be quite humble and likable. In fact, I didn't like them nearly as much as a team until I started reading their twitters.

So my point in that rambling is I don't think they're carrying any ill feelings forward toward anyone. I know they love the goat farmers. That is really obvious from their interactions with one another. One general TAR tweet was something like "My favorite team on the Amazing Race is 2 gay goat farmers!" to with Ryan re-tweeted and added "Mine too!" I don't think they're BFF with the twins and likely not the Chippendales or Texas, but they are mature enough to know that the Race doesn't define people either.
    NCLurker, Florimel, Hyper and 5 others like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Whatever that food was, it looked good.

I'd do the Rembrant...but the Chips would probably do well at asking for tips. I'd give them money!
    See, I took the letter 'd' out of my nickname (given by the name of my favorite character in my favorite movie rather than my absolute lack of drawing kills) and yet this still happens. Ironically, I'd have done that task too. lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Production can't interfere. TPTB would have let them go to the wrong country and figure out what they did wrong. (Many seasons ago, one team chose a really convoluted route and ended up arriving almost a day behind the rest of the racers. It's not quite the same, but close.)
    I wonder if whatever film crew personnel were sent to follow them around were disappointed that someone told them the truth and gypped them out of a free, work-related trip to Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I wonder if whatever film crew personnel were sent to follow them around were disappointed that someone told them the truth and gypped them out of a free, work-related trip to Paris?
    lol I was wondering...what the heck would they do once they flew there? Chase all over Paris, looking for a random clue box? In retrospect, it would have added a lot to the show for me!

Yourefired, I don't do Twitter and it's been nice to see on here some of the comments that have gone over, gives a more well-rounded view of people, maybe.

See, I took the letter 'd' out of my nickname (given by the name of my favorite character in my favorite movie rather than my absolute lack of drawing kills) and yet this still happens. Ironically, I'd have done that task too. lol
    Rembrant, I wondered about that missing "d"! I thought it had something to do with The Warriors but looked it up and that character has a "d". ???

+ Reply to Thread