+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/25 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I thought , in the end, The Chippies decided to U-Turn Abbie and Ryan because Jaymes said as much as he hated doing it it was based on his belief Ryan and Abbie were a threat and at this point it had sunk in that his Dad really needed the money for cancer treatment and helping his Dad would be life changing for his family and therefore that took presidency over how Abbie and Ryan would react to the U-Turn. Didn't Jaymes (or James) say he wrote his Dad from the competition to promise him he would win? At least they genuinely struggled over their decision to U-Turn and I appreciated and respected them for expressing genuine moral angst. I know lots of this is about strategy and game play, but I tend to react to and have affinity for teams who are genuinely decent at the expense of game play. None of the other teams, except for maybe the goat farmers, would have thought twice about pulling a U-Turn so Ryan and Abbies sour grapes rang hollow. Ryan was so dead set on getting that two million there`s no way he would not have U-Turned his `friends` the chippies, if it was to his benefit. How funny would it be, in the best way possible, if it comes down to The Chippies and The Goat Farmers ? Good Lord, I was even worried The Goat Farmers were going to cave in and help Ryan and Abbie rather than go to the next check in. You could see one of the farmers wavering. BTW, liked seeing The farmers do so well on the pole jump across the moat. I had a good laugh watching Ryan struggle on that part-his ego is so huge, that's why.
    Longhornfan likes this.
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

like someone else said, the Chippies could have uturned the Twins who were in front of them so they do not have to feel guilty uturning A&R and leaving team Texas to do the dirty deed. I was literally yelling at my TV while Chippies were agonizing what to do. In the leg prior, A&R didn't have to wait for GoatFarmers to finish the synchronize swimming challenge. That cost them a lot of time or they could have gone on an earlier flight on the next leg.
    holly71 and Shoepie like this.

I don't believe J&J were 'bullied' into using the u-turn, it was more like 'peer pressure' in my eyes. They knew they were expected to use it, since they were the first of the three teams to arrive and have the opportunity to use it. They didn't like it, and I think the pressure from the twins and Texas were contributing factors, but ultimately I think they used it to slow down a strong team, which is precisely the purpose of the u-turn. Frankly, I think Texas u-turning a team who have already passed by was worse because it made it a personal thing..."we saw you were u-turned and we really really want you out, so we'll take away any opportunity you have to slow down someone else".
    holly71, Hyper and redsox girl like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amna View Post
    Really disappointed with the farmers - especially Josh. Did he not realise that he was in a race? Had it been down to the last 2 teams, Abbie & Ryan would have definately pushed these 2 out of the way to get there first.
    I don't know about this. A/R and the Beekman's ran the last two legs together. They really supported each other throughout. I was surprised to see A/R wait at the pool for the Beekman's, but it says a lot about how much they really did bond. I think that Josh just felt so bad about going ahead after A/R waited for them in the previous leg. I don't think he doesn't want to race, I just think he was conflicted. Fortunately, his partner has his head in the game and hopefully gave Josh a good pep talk before the next leg.

Is it strange I want the Beekman's to win? I think it is because they are perceived as so weak, yet they have done well in many challenges (especially ones that require intelligence). I'm rooting for them as the underdogs, partly because they have steered clear of the alliances and peer pressuring (lol) and have had quite a bit of bad luck.
    If they picked up their competitive spirit and their luck changed, possibly it COULD happen!
    Last edited by spockwhat; 11-27-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: change bullying to peer pressuring. It is a more apt word. lol

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    If they picked up their competitive spirit and their luck changed, possibly it COULD happen!
    It would be great if the final task was something more mentally than physically challenging. Beekmans did well in the time zone challenge . . .

I'm rooting for either the Beekmans or the Chippies. I would not like to see unethical behavior rewarded.
    holly71 likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I don't believe J&J were 'bullied' into using the u-turn, it was more like 'peer pressure' in my eyes. They knew they were expected to use it, since they were the first of the three teams to arrive and have the opportunity to use it. They didn't like it, and I think the pressure from the twins and Texas were contributing factors, but ultimately I think they used it to slow down a strong team, which is precisely the purpose of the u-turn. Frankly, I think Texas u-turning a team who have already passed by was worse because it made it a personal thing..."we saw you were u-turned and we really really want you out, so we'll take away any opportunity you have to slow down someone else".
    I see the Chippies and Texas as equally responsible in this. They knew the entire plan and either team would have done their part whether they got to the U-turn first or second.
    I don't really see U-turning and the plan in general as wrong, just not their best move. If they knew A/R were so far behind, then they should have U-turned a closer, stronger team. However, if they didn't know A/R were that far behind, it makes sense to me as strong game play.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock
    Six or seven RAW fish in I think onion or sauerkraut in seven minutes isn't easy (please note, I've never had this so I do not know what they're coated). It's like the Ferris wheel challenge last year where you had to complete a huge dinner in 12 minutes to me.
    I believe it was five each, and they are typically salted. And you're right, they aren't easy to eat. Like them or hate them, the twins are strong at challenges.

What they really should have got them to eat were 5 of those fish plus a roll of triple salt droppies (licorice). For dutch people, droppies are a treat, but to people eating them for the first time, I understand they are a little like eating a salted rubber tire made out of part petroleum. :p

Were those oiliebollen coated with powdered sugar they were given as a treat, I wonder?
    jadewarlock likes this.

What they really should have got them to eat were 5 of those fish plus a roll of triple salt droppies (licorice). For dutch people, droppies are a treat, but to people eating them for the first time, I understand they are a little like eating a salted rubber tire made out of part petroleum. :p

Were those oiliebollen coated with powdered sugar they were given as a treat, I wonder?
    They were coated in powdered sugar, but it was obviously sweet or good to eat as no one made the funny faces.

I personally like this when they have to sample the food of the countries. What I don't like is when it's an excessive amount (such as the dinner on the Ferris Wheel or two pounds of caviar) or excessively gross (i.e. the fried insects in China).

I'd kinda like to have seen them have to eat that licorice sweet too. It'd been interesting to see if they could complete the challenge.

Mmmmmm.... I love good droppies, they were definitely a treat growing up, the saltier the better. I always laughed at my friends making faces when they tried them. That would have been a great challenge!

My Opa used to make oiliebollen every year between Christmas and New Years. To me, it wasn't New Year's eve without them. The tradition stopped when he passed away and I haven't had them since.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Just a point of clarification: the Twinnies have definitely talked smack about other teams too. It's not like they're innocent in that regard--they made it particularly clear that they hated A/R and were willing to say they were better than other teams.
    Yep. They are annoying, unethical AND verbally nasty. Clearly the most unpleasant team running this particular season.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    I didn't mind Chips using the U-Turn. It's part of the game, it's a tool to be used. That being said, I HATE it. I want to see a team succeed or fail based on their own decisions or skills. And I hate that this week it was used to doubly screw over A/R. But I think A/R will understand why Chips used it when they watch the show. It seemed to me like the Twins were encouraging the others to use it just because they don't like A/R, but Chips really agonized over the choice and ultimately decided to use it because they want to help folks back home.
    But it was based on their own skills and decisions. If they had been nicer to the twinnies and texans they may not have tried it. Also, if they weren't at the back it wouldn't have mattered they would have just ended up further down and not out. And if the other teams hadn't used skill in coming up with a plan that worked it wouldn't have done much either.

With all the other luck parts of the game (Taxis, injuries, flights, helpful people) especially this season it seems odd to consider this one of them.

+ Reply to Thread