+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 11/18 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 11/18 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I got to thinking this morning couldn't Team Hair have looked over footage shot during the race to see if they could identify the taxi they were in and try to reclaim their stuff? Film was rolling while they were getting in and out of the cab so they might have gotten the name of the cab company or even the license tag which they could give to the police to help track down their bags.

I hope future teams on the Amazing Race will learn a lesson from this and carry money and passports on them at all times. Clothes and other items can be replaced or done without but your race is over if you don't have passports and/or can't scrap up enough money to get to the next leg of the race.
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I got to thinking this morning couldn't Team Hair have looked over footage shot during the race to see if they could identify the taxi they were in and try to reclaim their stuff? Film was rolling while they were getting in and out of the cab so they might have gotten the name of the cab company or even the license tag which they could give to the police to help track down their bags.

I hope future teams on the Amazing Race will learn a lesson from this and carry money and passports on them at all times. Clothes and other items can be replaced or done without but your race is over if you don't have passports and/or can't scrap up enough money to get to the next leg of the race.

Yes, I have mixed feelings about this whole debacle. I feel terribly, terribly sorry for the Rockers. I like how in the voiceover, one of them said, "One thing I've learned over the years working with [the other one], it's that there's always another tour." I HOPE that's a foreshadowing and that they are allowed to come back on another race. If ever a team deserved another chance, it was this one.

OTOH, it was partially their fault. When hubby and I travel back to Europe, we always take our most valuable stuff (passports and credit cards) and hubby puts it in his fanny pack. That sucker NEVER leaves my husband's waist until we arrive in England. Heck, if I were racing, I would probably sleep with my fanny pack so I wouldn't leave it at the hotel. Like you said, Pikachu, hopefully some good will come out of this if future racers pay attention. We've had three teams now lose their passports--Dev & Justin, that female pair from a couple of seasons ago, and now the Rockers. In two of those cases, it cost the teams a chance to continue racing.

Speaking of which, I was still confused by this whole mess. Who were the Rockers filing that report with? They said they had contacted the American Embassy to ask about getting an emergency passport (I guess even that takes a while?). Then later they said they were required to file a report in Russian, so they had to find a local who was bilingual. What was that all about?

Ok, on to the rest of the racers.

I am bummed about the rest of the season. I may not even watch the finale. I mean, realistically, the three strongest teams are A & R, Twins, and Texas. I love the Chippies and the Goat Farmers, but I just don't see them making the final leg. Or if they somehow manage to scrap their way in, I don't see them winning. That means I have a 1-in-3 chance of seeing a team I like win. And next week it looks like A & R have trouble with their flight again. That could put them at a disadvantage again.

Chippies, oh Chippies...I love you. I really do. But as somebody said here earlier, "Would you RACE?" I mean, first urging the Twins not to use their Xpass. That was bad enough. But then waiting around for your cab to the Pit Stop until Texas showed up? Really? I am so glad they ran to the mat. I was afraid that once they got to the Pit Stop, they would wait around for Texas again. Which begs the question from the last leg: what did Chippies think would happen if all 4 of them showed up at the mat at the same time? And that U-Turn next week. I agree with others that it's probably just editing drama. The Chippies are just too darn nice to U-Turn anybody, even though some teams royally deserve it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I too am bummed about the rockers being eliminated. Their whole 'it's not over 'til it's over' attitude was a great thing to watch and they never yelled or degraded one another when things went downhill.

I'm rooting for James/Jaymes or Abby and Ryan (Ryan doesn't bother me). It still sticks in my craw what Texas and the Twins did to the Rockers so I'll be ticked if they won. I wouldn't mind a Farmers win either but they just seem like the weak team of the group unless it's a thinking challenge, in which case they've got this win in the bag.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Speaking of which, I was still confused by this whole mess. Who were the Rockers filing that report with? They said they had contacted the American Embassy to ask about getting an emergency passport (I guess even that takes a while?). Then later they said they were required to file a report in Russian, so they had to find a local who was bilingual. What was that all about?
    They were working with the American Embassy to get emergency passports and filing with the Russian police to try to find their original passports. I was surprised that they just then reported the missing passports to the Embassy. Of course, with the way the show is edited, it's possible that they applied for the emergency passports last week and we just saw the footage this week or that by the time they got to the pit stop, it was too late to call the Embassy so they had to wait until the following day.

I feel bad for the Rockers but I agree that the mishap was their fault and they should take the consequences.
    captain and Shoepie like this.

This was a great episode except for Team Metal not being able to find their passport. They had been doing so good and felt so bad for them. I have been rooting for the Chippendale boys since the start of the race and I was extremely happy to see them come in first. Yes, I hope they do use the U Turn, but not sure as they have been so kind to everyone by helping them out. I hope this is the episode that they realize the time has come for them to have to stop being nice guys as they are in a race for a million dollars. I wanted to like the fact that Lexi worked together with Jaymes on the puzzle as Lexi was the one who came up with what they had been missing. On the other hand Jaymes came up with the idea to split the map. I still can't root for the Twins or Texas. Team Texas has been great with everything else (and were one of my two favorite teams at the start) yet still find it hard to think that they were involved with the Twins in the incident. I never was rooting for the Twins so that part is easier. I thought it was great (a bit of karma) when the twins express pass didn't get them any higher than third and I almost thought the taxi driver for Team Texas was a plant to delay them. Never saw a taxi driver quite like him. His outfit, the cigarette hanging out of his mouth and constantly taking them to wrong places I found quite comical.

YourFired I agree Jaymes would be a wonderful addition to DWTS. Love his personality.

Loved the farmers this leg and they seemed to be in their element as they breezed through the two challenges and even took time to really enjoy it. Such a contrast from the swimming event. I loved seeing this side of Abby and Ryan and especially Ryan during the mental challenge. Along with the rest of you loved the professor.

I don't think I have ever seen a season where everyone is helping each other out in such a dramatic fashion unless I am just not remembering. It seems like we are so use to seeing fighting between teams so this has made it a great season in that respect.

I have wanted the Chippendale Team to save the best for last. Nothing would make me happier than to see then win it all.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

Great idea! If they did, production may not have wanted to air it. I am not sure they have cab companies over there. They seemed to have very different cars so they may be privately owned. In some countries theft is common and expected. That may be the case here.

FORT Regular

Much as I love the Chippies, I can't help being slightly annoyed at Jaymes for letting his partner do most of the RBs (the more physical ones, in fact) especially when James has been nursing the ankle injury since the Shanghai leg. The poor guy has been moving furniture, serving drinks and picking locks while Jaymes was lying down on backpacks and flirting with the locals, then choosing to do a paper test RB. Sheesh. I can only hope that the producers are only hemming up the injury this episode to keep us in suspense, since it didn't seem to be much of an issue in previous challenges.

Perhaps Jaymes should start showing a bit more consideration to James rather than to the other teams. Waiting for your closest competitors on the way to the Pit Stop, really? There's a fine line between being nice and being silly.

Grouses aside, I'm still firmly rooting for them to win the whole thing. Had a good laugh at Jaymes' 'Beyonce' comment at the RB and the interaction with their cab driver. They are dfinitely up there alongside Cha Cha Cha and Cowboys as my all time AR fave teams, unless they do something really nasty in the last few legs (Uturning the Twinnies not counted as one).
    sclilred1, AZChristian and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

YourFired I agree Jaymes would be a wonderful addition to DWTS. Love his personality.

Too bad Edyta's not still with DWTS. Since Jaymes is a Chippendale dancer, he and Edyta could compete to see who could wear the skimpiest costume for their routines.

Love Chip and Dale. I think they are my only fantasy pool team left now (bye bye James and Abba) I loved/hated watching Ryan get so heated and convinced his calculations were right during the time zone challenge. What a marooon!
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    OTOH, it was partially their fault. When hubby and I travel back to Europe, we always take our most valuable stuff (passports and credit cards) and hubby puts it in his fanny pack. That sucker NEVER leaves my husband's waist until we arrive in England. Heck, if I were racing, I would probably sleep with my fanny pack so I wouldn't leave it at the hotel. Like you said, Pikachu, hopefully some good will come out of this if future racers pay attention. We've had three teams now lose their passports--Dev & Justin, that female pair from a couple of seasons ago, and now the Rockers. In two of those cases, it cost the teams a chance to continue racing.
    Is this the first season where teams weren't given a fanny pack?

Also, I was a bit surprised that A&R didn't get a penalty for not finishing the roadblock (since the goat farmers unlocked the last two locks for them).

+ Reply to Thread