+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 11/18 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/18 TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I am so torn over the way I feel....The Twins hold full responsibility for picking the money up and making the choice to keep it & Trey & Lexi hold full responsibility for choosing to become party to it. Both were wrong. I really don't think Trey & Lexi would have just kept the money had they been the ones to find it, but really, what do I know?! That may be just my perception. It is what it is. A done deal.
    For me, the thing is that T/L still had the option to inform the rockers what had happened to their money as opposed to going along with the twinnies' plan. Sure, the Twinnies would probably have gotten upset with them, but that's what happens sometimes when you make a choice to do what you believe to be right. And, on the other hand, they would have gotten the total respect of the Rockers and probably other teams, once they found out. I suspect some viewers would have cheered them on as well.

For me, you have to do what lets you sleep at night. But that's just me. For all I know, the Twinnies and T/L's sleep isn't bothered in the least by what they've done.
    sweetpea, sclilred1 and Babbred like this.

Oh, I agree, Tilden. Texas had already expressed reluctance to go along with keeping the money, and had to be convinced to do so by the twins. I guess offering to split it was a bribe of sorts, for their silence. I can't imagine I would be able to sleep very well after that, even if the entire thing had not been filmed for the world to see.

Thanks for those snippets of interviews. It doesn't surprise me that they were not shocked at the twins keeping the money. While the twins are certainly strong racers, and I do give them credit for that, they are also hugely competitive, they don't care how they come across to others, and they truly seem to believe the "win at any cost" mantra. The twins have been highly critical and insulting to other players in their interviews, so I can imagine that attitude would seep through to the other teams just from their interactions with them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    After thinking about it for a while, I've decided to give the Texas twosome a very slight bit of slack over the stolen money. They were certainly wrong to go along with it, but my reason is that I don't think they would have instigated the scheme if they had been the ones to find the money. I think they made a very poor choice in allowing the twins to bully them into taking half.
    Just because someone is not strong enough to stand up to a more assertive personality does not mean they were bullied. They did not take time to really think about it. They didnt need the money, it only served to put Metal far behind them. The twins had already done that. It was a stupid move that cost them some fans and tarnished their reputation for being good players on this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011