+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: 11/11- TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Isn't their dad dying? They got that information while racing. I have empathy for them because having dealt with a dying parent who had bone cancer, I can understand why it is affecting their concentration. Plus, one of them is hurt. I think it was impressive they got through the swim routine considering a bum leg. I have only empathy for them.
    One of their fathers is dying. It has been expected and a long haul. The call was to let him know his time has come. I believe he knew this possibility when he left for this race. He most likely said good bye before he left. His father insisted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    The goat farmers. We don't know for certain they didn't finish the synchronized swimming task but the one was struggling quite a bit when the show finished. I think I would have picked the library task as I'm not sure I could do a flip in the water (having never tried). It always seems with the dance-type tasks that, if a team does it enough, the judge eventually decides good enough and let's them go on, even if they are not doing it 100 % correctly.

I don't get why Ryan and Abbie and the goat farmers decided to race together. If it is a question of doing the tasks together and then leaving it to a sprint at the mat, I would think the goat farmers would be opposed as they would likely be left in Abby and Ryan's dust.

If the cabbie doesn't somehow return with the rockers' stuff they are toast - it wold take far too long to get replacement documents.
    It is a mystery, for me too, why they decided to race together. They knew they would be the last two to finish the race. They have raced alone the entire time and now is NOT the time to team. It is probably a non elimination round. That may be how they allow time for the rockers to find their packs.

I would have chosen the swimming for the reason you stated. It is a subjective call and the library had no wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    This is a bit abrupt question, but which racers are you guys rooting for? Who would you consider likable and unlikable? I haven't been able to catch up with any of the episodes, (youtube doesn't provide TAR anymore ) I can't even watch the show, since my dance class conflicts with it, ._., but yeah, which racers are you guys hoping to win?

Yesterday was probably the only time I got to watch a full episode, so far, I really like rockers, and james(?) and jaymes(?) ---> I know one team has the same name.
    I am rooting for the Chipendales! Adorable young men, so upbeat and positive.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-12-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Re: 11/11- TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I will go against the grain and risk jumping through the flames to say I pretty much like all the teams left- some more than others, but I don't dislike any of them as I have in past seasons.

My favorites for sure are the Chipmunks. I figured them for guys with big egos, full of themselves, but nice to look at. So much the opposite- funny, humble, friendly...and still nice to look at! Love them! I hope they can up their game a little going into the final legs.

I like for the Twinnies for entertainment value. I don't necessarily agree with some things they have done, but they are supportive of each other and are running a pretty good race. They can laugh at themselves (and each other) and even though they are annoying at times, I find them funny, and I do like watching them. (now I will be ducking from the rotten eggs being thrown....)

Trey and Lexi/Abbi and Ryan: I like Trey and Lexi better as they seem genuinely nice to each other and treat each other as equals, which I think is important and I appreciate that. No yelling- in fact I don't think I've heard them say one bad word to each other. Abbi and Ryan are ok. I like Abbi better, but I give Ryan I few extra points for sticking to his word this past episode. Both teams are pretty dull over all, and although they are great racers, they aren't all that entertaining to watch.

Beekman Boys: My least favorite. I really can't say why. I guess because up until this week I kept hearing how they almost lost their farm and they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and saved their farm and their town (or whatever) on every single episode. I was like "okay...I heard that 50 times already!". I appreciate them not quitting on every task, but they just aren't my favorite. I think maybe I feel bad for them watching them struggle at every task- maybe I just want them eliminated because I'm afraid this race may do them in!

Beekman Boys: My least favorite. I really can't say why. I guess because up until this week I kept hearing how they almost lost their farm and they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and saved their farm and their town (or whatever) on every single episode. I was like "okay...I heard that 50 times already!". I appreciate them not quitting on every task, but they just aren't my favorite. I think maybe I feel bad for them watching them struggle at every task- maybe I just want them eliminated because I'm afraid this race may do them in!

I know that same old story, enough already.I dont care for them much, they remind too much of Gary and Will.
    I like Trey and Lexie and Chip and Dale, the rest are fun to watch, but I dont really care who wins
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

What the heck kind of racing was that?? Team Hair lose their cab and all their stuff, but they don't start borrowing cell phones, asking for the names of cab companies, asking OTHER cabbies who the cab company/driver might have been so they could get their stuff back? I am stumped. Then the final two teams decide they will do everything together, to the point where the team who finishes first at the road block decides to WAIT FOR THE LAST PLACE TEAM TO FINISH!??? Even though that team, if they win at the end, get TWO MILLION DOLLARS?

Unbelievable.

At this point I like the Chippendales. That's pretty much it. I like team hair but they are running a pretty pathetic race. UGH

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I understand the teams taking the flight with the 1 hour layover time. This is a race and any time spent milling around an airport is less time for them to be completing challenges. One hour is a pretty good length of time to make your next flight. Presumably they carried all their luggage on so they didn't need to check bags and could run straight to their next flight. If the plane hadn't been delayed, they could have easily caught their next flight. For all they knew, if they had skipped that flight, it might have come in on time and the other flight (to Athens) might have been delayed, putting them even further behind.

It's easy to sit here after the fact and say they were stupid to take the earlier flight with the shorter connection but that's what I would have done, too, not foreseeing the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    This is a bit abrupt question, but which racers are you guys rooting for? Who would you consider likable and unlikable? I haven't been able to catch up with any of the episodes, (youtube doesn't provide TAR anymore ) I can't even watch the show, since my dance class conflicts with it.
    You can watch full episodes online at CBS.com. (And I'm rooting for the Chippies and Team Hair, who I hope are able to pull it off but (as someone said) who aren't doing much to help their situation.)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't have any teams I just love. I like Jaymes and James but they've made some stupid mistakes along the way. They're lucky to still be there. Trey & Lexie, Abbie & Ryan, and James & Abba are ok but not too compelling to me for some reason. I don't like Josh & Brent or Natalie & Nadiya. The Chippendales are probably my favorite of the remaining teams.

I wish Amy & Daniel hadn't gotten eliminated so early in the game. I was really rooting for them. They weren't aggressive enough in their gameplay, though.

Thinking about the show...was the cab James and Abba got into marked as a taxi? I seem to recall someone asking at a car window and then getting in, but it didn't look like a regular taxi. I can't imagine though that they would continue somewhere if the cab didn't have a meter inside, etc. Still, a cardinal sin to leave all your belongings with the cabbie, particularly your passport!! That's why they wear those silly fanny packs, right??

I wonder if killer fatigue set in? All of the teams seem off their game.

I don't blame the two teams at the back of the pack for trying that one hour connection. Sure, it's tight, but it's doable unless of course you're delayed. Then again, sometimes you need to take those risks. I don't have a clue why they are sticking together though, and I have a feeling Ryan will ditch that arrangement pretty soon. He's so competitive I don't know why he agreed in the first place.

It started out so well this time. I liked all the teams, now I don't care who wins.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I travel a lot, and the absolute minimum I'll look for in a layover is an hour...and that's if I'm continuing on the same airline in the same terminal. (And even then, it can work against me...the United Terminal in Denver is really long, and I've had trips where I arrive at gate 20 and depart from gate 80.) And all of those connecting airports are huge, so even if there are no delays, that hour quickly gets reduced by the time you take into consideration things like getting off the plane, figuring out where to go once you get into the terminal, etc.

But...this is also the difference between people who fly a lot and people who don't. I can't even tell you the number of times I've heard, "How exciting! You travel for business...it must be wonderful!" But get stuck in enough places for a variety of reasons and travel just isn't all it's cracked up to be.

+ Reply to Thread