+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: 11/11- TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 11/11- TAR 21 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

omg, if Team Metal get Zev and Justined then they better come back for a future reason.
    holly71 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    omg, if Team Metal get Zev and Justined then they better come back for a future reason.
    No kidding. They better get a shot at a favorites season (and I really wish they'd have a past favorites season, instead of an all-star season, because I've no interest in seeing teams that were kind of jerky the first time around again).
    jucamer and Babbred like this.

Ugh, to be continued? Damn it. One week of grieving over a potential Team Metal loss.
    holly71 and jucamer like this.

FORT Fan

There was one season where one of the task choices was standing under a waterfall, and the teams had to arrive there before a certain time because after the sun went down, it was to cold to do the task safely. I take it the library closed early? I must have missed that while watching, but you would think they could keep that place open for production later, especially since it doesn't endanger teams like the waterfall task.

I was looking at the start times with interest this week. Does anyone remember what the Globetrotters got as a penalty for moving the other team's bags? If Texas/Twins had even gotten an hour penalty for taking the rockers' money, Texas wouldn't have won that leg and there was a chance the Twins would have been eliminated. Sorry to beat that dead horse again, but I'm still mad those two teams didn't even get a penalty.

Felt bad for the Rockers, but this week I will definitely say they should have kept a better eye on their stuff, and why wouldn't they both keep their passports on them at all times? Stupid, stupid, stupid. I do wonder how trustworthy that cab driver was-it didn't seem like they were there long before they realized they should dismiss that cab and get another one when they finished the task. I don't know why he would leave with their stuff.

Well, Abby/Ryan definitely get through to next week, I guess it's between the farmers and rockers, boo. Not sure I understand the farmers/Abby and Ryan's strategy of staying together considering they had to know they were in the back of the pack. Did they think Phil wouldn't eliminate someone if they stepped on the mat at the same time? I'm actually kinda interested to see that scenario now-would they producers eliminate two teams or send them both on? Kudos to Ryan for rehabbing his image some and sticking to his word on this leg

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't see why places should have to stay open later than their usual hours for racers on The Amazing Race. They probably didn't anticipate any teams arriving in Moscow so late that the library hours would be an issue. It's lucky that the pool didn't close, too.

Personally, I think Abbie & Ryan and Josh and Brent were stupid to team up. What's that going to accomplish??? Are they planning on hopping on the finishing mat at the same time in hopes that it's a non-elimination leg? What if Phil eliminates both teams? I think they could have worked together to reach the first task and after that they're on thier own. Abbie & Ryan should have gone on after they finished the swim task instead of waiting for the guys to finish.

How ironic that earlier at the airport Ryan sneered about Trey & Lexie waiting for the Twinnies and they ended up doing the same thing with Josh & Brent!

Isn't there a consulate or traveler's aid thing in Moscow that could help Team Hair? They could find out if any cabs turned in the bags left behind, or help them get new passports.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

My prediction is the goat farmers decide to take the time penalty and tell Ryan and Abbie to go ahead and move forward. It's clear that the short one wasn't going to get through this task. How do you come on the race without knowing how to swim? Did the black sisters and the diving board teach them nothing? Sorry....I'm very bad with names.

I've always liked Ryan and this leg I did like him even more for being a "team player." The one thing I didn't love but also could completely relate to is when he said it's no fun any more. I think he's one of those people who is so accustomed to doing things well that when he struggles with something he wants to quit so as not to be seen as flawed. I can relate because I'm the same. When I was a kid if I tried an extra curricular activity and stunk at it, I quit right away and moved on to something I was better at. And when I was good at something, I always would strive to be the very best. So it wasn't the hard work I was afraid of in order to improve. It was just the idea of not being good at something that made my skin crawl. I think that's why I find myself so drawn to Ryan. Well that and the fact that he didn't cut the girl with one leg any slack at all in the first leg. He treated her the same as if she did not have a disability. I loved that. To me it showed respect for her abilities not feeling sorry for her disability.

I hate that one of my favorite teams is about to be eliminated and the 2 teams I dislike the most are sitting pretty. But someone up thread said the twins could have been eliminated with a penalty, I don't think so. They still had the express pass and they'd most certainly have used it in the swimming task and still finished near the top. I kinda wish they had used it because if they can use it next round and there's a uturn, you know Ryan and Abbie will get it. I'd rather it be out of play. I don't like them and never have. And according to them, that makes me a tool. ROTFL
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fan

I meant they could have been eliminated in the LAST leg if they were assessed a penalty from money-gate. They were only about half an hour in front of the farmers, and the Truckers thought they weren't that far behind the farmers. The express pass wouldn't have helped them in that situation.

The only reason why I say I don't understand why a place couldn't stay open late is because surely this show has enough money to offer incentives for staying open late. I guess this could be a situation in that the library just put their foot down and either flat out refused to stay open or demanded a sum that the show felt was too much. If that's the case, it's the library's option.

To be fair to Ryan, he was sneering at the fact that Texas opted to not even try to get a flight until the Twins got there. I think he saw sticking with the farmers as a valid strategy. Either he thought that they wouldn't eliminated two teams at once, or he was banking on the fact that he and Abby could outrun the farmers to the mat.

I'm not sure how much going to a consulate would help, unless they could find the cab itself and get the bags/passports returned. If it was a case where the stuff is just completely gone and they have to get a new passport, well that could take some time. I remember the season where a mother/son lost their passports (I think that was in Russia too) and it took a few days for them to get replacement passports issued. If they can find the cab and their stuff, there's a chance they could still be in it since the last two teams were so far behind.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

OH I get it now. Having them go out with the Express Pass in hand would have been sweet. I'm guessing they got away with it on the technicality of it being found not taken (technically).

I just find the twins to be a bit too in your face for my liking. They do seem like smart women. I don't questin that but I don't find them to be very likable and I haven't since episode 1.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I refuse to let this happen to the Team Captains of Junkyard Royalty.

But hopes are somewhat high. If it's "To Be Continued" it will probably end happily. <3

Can the Chippendales run the rest of the race in the speedos because I am liking what I am seeing!
    Midol likes this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

+ Reply to Thread