View Poll Results: Were the twins wrong in keeping the money?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was stealing and/or wrong

166 89.73%
  • No, the money was anyone's to take

13 7.03%
  • Not sure

6 3.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Were the twins wrong to keep the money?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Were the twins wrong to keep the money?

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant
    I also ponder if people are furious at them because of who they are, as in a team that has annoyed people with their loudness. Makes me wonder, for example, if Rob Mariano fans would've been positively giddy had he been the one to find and keep the money.
    They were among my top three teams until the money incident.

Tilden has it dead on, two different shows, different rules.

More than that... the people who have done such things (destroying people's stuff, etc.) have been mostly maligned for their actions on Survivor and elsewhere. Who thought it was cool Russel burned people's stuff? Not me. I thought it was hilarious (but a little mean) that Rupert stole people's shoes. Didn't hate him until he built that darn awful sand "shelter". In any case, there are so many variables in these situations they change how people view them.

In this case, the Twins picked up the money with the Hair Rockers right there. They forced the Hair Rockers to beg from poor people. They admitted guilt but giggled about it. They also took it for their own benefit.

And yeah, I can't wait to start onto something new. Tomorrow.
    Florimel and GabbyG like this.

Actually, I know a lot of people, namely Russell fans, loved it when he stole and destroyed the property of others. I mean, the dude was voted Fan Favorite twice, certainly people seemed to love watching him do those things. But much like with Rupert stealing the shoes, he went in there knowing full well he'd do it.

Yeah, what the twins did was not a good thing, but again, I've seen worse things. I ponder what their behavior around the rockers will be from now on, too.

I'm sure I'm alone in this, but I've never liked Rob Mariano in any show in which I've seen him. He is the epitome of sleaze to me and reason enough for me to avoid a show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Same here. I liked him most on Heroes vs Villains because he was anti-Russell. Overrated on TAR, ruined All-Stars, and only won Redemption Island because everyone else sucked.
    scoot13 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm sure I'm alone in this, but I've never liked Rob Mariano in any show in which I've seen him. He is the epitome of sleaze to me and reason enough for me to avoid a show.
    You're not alone in that. I always found him incredibly arrogant and never enjoyed any of his appearances on any reality show either.
    Lucynda, GabbyG and scoot13 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    They were among my top three teams until the money incident.

Tilden has it dead on, two different shows, different rules.

More than that... the people who have done such things (destroying people's stuff, etc.) have been mostly maligned for their actions on Survivor and elsewhere. Who thought it was cool Russel burned people's stuff? Not me. I thought it was hilarious (but a little mean) that Rupert stole people's shoes. Didn't hate him until he built that darn awful sand "shelter". In any case, there are so many variables in these situations they change how people view them.

In this case, the Twins picked up the money with the Hair Rockers right there. They forced the Hair Rockers to beg from poor people. They admitted guilt but giggled about it. They also took it for their own benefit.

And yeah, I can't wait to start onto something new. Tomorrow.
    What if tomorrow we find out the Twinnies paid Team Hair's taxi driver to take off with their belongings with the money they pocketed? I'm just kidding--I swear, I'm just kidding.
    sparklete likes this.

It's all game play and they're not allies with the hippies. If the rules stated that a team cannot steal money from another team then they are wrong. Morally it is wrong but it is not against game rules. Since they found it, it's their prerogative to keep it, to leave it alone, to share or give it to someone, or return it to the owners (who they knew). They are right, this is for a million dollars and you want to take every advantage you can get whether you have to lie, deceive or steal as long as it is within the confines of the game. Is it a popular decision? No, but in reality if this is not a game, they would have returned it to the rightful owners.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    It's all game play and they're not allies with the hippies. If the rules stated that a team cannot steal money from another team then they are wrong. Morally it is wrong but it is not against game rules. Since they found it, it's their prerogative to keep it, to leave it alone, to share or give it to someone, or return it to the owners (who they knew). They are right, this is for a million dollars and you want to take every advantage you can get whether you have to lie, deceive or steal as long as it is within the confines of the game. Is it a popular decision? No, but in reality if this is not a game, they would have returned it to the rightful owners.
    I'm curious. What did you see during the broadcast that led you to believe that either team took the money with the intent to affect the game?

My point, and the point of most others who have been offended by what the two teams did, is it was a breach of moral code, not gameplay. From a personal standpoint, if I had seen the two teams give even a hint that they were taking the money as a conscious effort to affect the outcome of the game I would have no problem with their decision. However, the reality is, their actions were those of a thief, not a contestant on a game show.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

People can play devils advocate, they can be armchair lawyers but at the end of the day stealing is wrong. Theres no excuse, imo. For many viewers. we find no pleasure in the actions of the twinnies and Team Texas, Ruppert, Russell and Rob. It is a bit easier to gloss over detestable actions if the viewer(s) likes the contestant(s) or if the contestant(s) are truly likable. But at the end of the day, it`s still wrong.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Twinnies did make a statement that it would effect the game in their favor if Team Metal didn't have any money. They saw the theft as a chance to advance themselves on that leg.
    jammyjoe likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast