Poll: Were the twins wrong in keeping the money?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Were the twins wrong to keep the money?

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Were the twins wrong to keep the money?

A lack of morals is a lack of morals. Stealing is stealing, regardless of the circumstances. The Twisted Sisters clearly have no moral compass, and Team Texas' morals apparently can be bought for $50.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

It was wrong and the girls knew it was wrong. Otherwise why would you need to share it with the couple that saw you with it so that they share half the guilt and then hope they pray for you???
    holly71 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

It isn't truly "stray money" if the person who misplaced it is still in the room. If I'm in line at the movie theater to buy popcorn and drop a dollar bill, does that mean the first person who pounces on it gets to keep it because it's stray money???? If I left the room without it, it could be considered stray but seriously, if you knew who the money belonged to, would you still keep it? I would turn it in to the concession stand in case the person realizes it's missing and comes back for it or give it back to them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    A lack of morals is a lack of morals. Stealing is stealing, regardless of the circumstances. The Twisted Sisters clearly have no moral compass, and Team Texas' morals apparently can be bought for $50.
    On various boards its all about the twins, I am not sure why team Texas got off so lightly
    Shoepie, redsox girl and sclilred1 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    On various boards its all about the twins, I am not sure why team Texas got off so lightly
    I've held all along that Trey deserved the lion's share of the blame. Clearly, from the beginning, the girls didn't care about the lack of ethics. If they have a moral compass it's obviously broken. Trey, on the other hand, knew what they were doing was wrong! However, instead of refusing to take part in the crime or tell the Rockers that the Twisted Sisters found the money, he protested, then abandoned his morals to 'go-along'.
    Shoepie, redsox girl and sclilred1 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I personally feel both teams were wrong for what they did and knew they were wrong--otherwise the Twinnies wouldn't have wanted to "share the blame" by sharing the money or try to keep everything quiet, and Trey wouldn't initially have wanted to ask if anyone had lost the money. You don't generally need to keep something quiet if it's above board, except in rare cases like surprise parties, where the potential for hurting anyone by keeping quiet is minimal at best.

So, yeah, Team Texas is equally to blame. I suspect the Twinnies are getting the bulk of the blame because it was their initial action of finding the money and deciding to keep quiet about it that got the plan rolling--well, that and the fact that Natalie's lack of volume control hadn't helped her popularity with some people (including me) prior to what happened on Sunday. But that just irritated me, and I wasn't really annoyed by Nadia. What they did on Sunday I found much more bothersome.
    holly71, CupidGuest and sclilred1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I've held all along that Trey deserved the lion's share of the blame. Clearly, from the beginning, the girls didn't care about the lack of ethics. If they have a moral compass it's obviously broken. Trey, on the other hand, knew what they were doing was wrong! However, instead of refusing to take part in the crime or tell the Rockers that the Twisted Sisters found the money, he protested, then abandoned his morals to 'go-along'.
    Yes, he didn't want to go along with it. Dang! I wish we could see the whole thing. I just feel( although what they did was wrong) something was a set up.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Call it whatever you want, it was sleazy and I hope the bad karma they took on with that move bites them in the #$*#

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Not a thing wrong its all about game play. I would say if the money was so important the owners of it should have kept a tight reign on it. Obviously they saw keeping their money safe as not a priority. It was not stealing. It was picking up stray money.
    Which reminds me, I haven't put up the iron fence with barbed wire and the armed guards around my house yet. If I just leave my house lying around, and someone takes stuff from it, I guess it was just not important enough to me.

I know that example is ridiculous, but people make mistakes... they forget things, they're human. I lost my wallet once, and thank goodness the person who found didn't assume I didn't think my wallet was important and keeping my identity and money safe was not a priority. They saw that I made a mistake, was probably stressed and returned it to me. That's what people do. I hope you don't ever lose something, MsDiva, and face a person who feels the way you do about it!

I must admit, I do not like what they did. And I like to think that had it not been the race, they really would give the money back. But when you think about it, this is a race for a million dollars, and if one can be ruthless without breaking the rules in order to win, then I don't blame that person for doing so.

I don't consider it so much stealing as finding something and choosing to keep it. The lack of a penalty means it was within the rules. The girls did not go through the guys' bags or fanny pack to take the money, and if they had, the penalty would definitely have been huge, I believe. But they found the money on the floor, money that a team got careless about. The girls took advantage of the unfortunate situation, kept it hidden so the other team wouldn't find out and demand it back and give them ample reasons for wanting to Yield or U-Turn the girls later.

Am I happy with what they did? No. But do I blame them? Honestly, I can't. Like I said, soometimes you have to be ruthless if you want to win the game. Had it been outside the game, where there is nothing at stake, I'd find it horribly deplorable, but within the game, I can't judge because I don't know if I maybe would do the same thing had I been in that position.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast