+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: 10/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    If I had to make a guess, I would say that Ryan is offended that two girls are doing so well. I base this on his petulance at not coming in first. If you're so gung-ho to not only win but to clobber everybody else while doing so, then you might get a little annoyed that a "weaker" team is giving you some serious competition.

That's another reason why I kind of like the twins.
    That sounds like a fair enough idea. It seems to go quite in hand with his being so arrogant and overcompetitive, reminds me of when we're introduced to him and his teammate in the first episode and he blathers on about how he wants to dominate and make other teams bow down to him. He needs to get off of his high horse, which is so high that he may break his legs if he does get off it.

And oops, my bad, I mentioned back there that Natalie is the louder twin, when actually Nadiya is the louder one, whereas Natalie is a tad quieter, a seen in this episode's and last episode's Roadblock. I like how their bickering has been kept at a minimum after the first leg, unlike Ryan's crass comment deflating his Bland teammate at the pitstop, and Monstruous Trucker Man getting all snippy at his wife during the Detour and whining about how he should've done the Roadblock despite Kelley doing well enough.

I almost forgot the TwiNNies still have their Express Pass. If they keep performing this well and barring any bad luck with taxis or getting lost while driving, they could be able to keep it till the last leg it can be used so they can skip a task and whisk to the pitstop much quicker. Here's hoping.

Monstruous Trucker Man getting all snippy at his wife during the Detour and whining about how he should've done the Roadblock despite Kelley doing well enough.
    He said that because she was very very hot( like the rest of them) she was better once she covered her head with the scarf.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Well, yeah, people's thoughts are coloured by their likes, dislikes, pet peeves, etc.

This particular show has shown me some of the most open-minded comments and opinions regarding the contestants that I have ever seen on a forum. (Compare to BB or DWTS)
    People are re-analysing the contestants week to week and formulating opinions week to week. Just look at the hate for the twins early... which changed to being somewhat admiring, to becoming annoyance with them. Some have loved them throughout. Their right. Same with the Chips. Or whoever else they choose to like and defend or not.

Anyway...
    I gather my original post got you thinking though since you came back to it after having commented in passing. I was just making the observation and I wasn't excluding myself from said observation. I'm always fairly aware of the fact that we filter everything through our total life experience.....likes/perferences, etc., it just really struck me how true that was while reading through this thread. Just an observation.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I almost forgot the TwiNNies still have their Express Pass. If they keep performing this well and barring any bad luck with taxis or getting lost while driving, they could be able to keep it till the last leg it can be used so they can skip a task and whisk to the pitstop much quicker. Here's hoping.
    The Express Pass usually expires at the end of the eighth leg. Unfortunately, it can't be carried over to the last leg.

Quote Originally Posted by StormWarning1 View Post
    The Express Pass usually expires at the end of the eighth leg. Unfortunately, it can't be carried over to the last leg.
    I know, that's why I said they could use it in the last leg in which it can be used, but yeah, that's only if they have no bad luck with taxi drivers or get lost driving themselves (which I have seen extremely little off so far during this season) and keep performing the tasks as well as they currently have. That being said, usually the Express Pass is good up till the 8th leg of the race, but this is the first season in which the Express Pass is won in the second leg instead of the first, so it makes me wonder if it now expires in the 9th leg of still in the 8th.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Guess I'm in the minority here, but I love me some Ryan. He's super good looking and athletic plus thanks to social media, I feel like he's a nice guy and a pretty good sport. Sure he's competitive, but I'd rather watch competitive contestants. Life is not all cumbaya (sp?) and love ins. Competitive people tend to do well in business.

I also don't get the twinnie love. These girls seem bitter and whiny. They also attack people on twitter who say they don't like them. When you go on a show like this you have to expect haters and you can't take things so seriously and so personally. At this point they are the only team left I'd hate to see win. I still have 4 favorite teams: Ryan and Abbie, Beekman Boys, Chippendales, and Team Metal. Sadly I'm afraid the twinnies will end up in the top 3 which makes me go grrrr. I'm also afraid the goat farmers will go this week because they are so far behind the rest of them. Unless there's a great equalizer they're in trouble.
    march and Florimel like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789