+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: 10/14 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/14 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm in Maine and we had a delay too- about a half hour or so. It must've been an East Coast thing...

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

A Northern East Coast thing. I'm in Florida and no delay here.

I'm always shocked the few times the show starts on time. Usually when I turn it to CBS because the clock says it's time for the Amazing Race to start, that darn 60 Minutes is on.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I noticed one of the Chippdendales said he was a "Maine boy" so I had to google him. It turns out he grew up one town over from where I live and his Mom actually works in the school that one of my children attends. I guess I now have my favorite team to root for- it's not often we see a Maine contestant- so Go Chipmunks!
    May I ask where in Maine you live, Maybaybie? In my childhood I spent eight years at summer camp in Naples. During that time, I saw quite a bit of Maine and always loved it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I loved the challenges this week, all of them. Just had me captivated and I think I'd have had to do the egg thing, too. Not sure how Gary (I think)(short teacher) kept that lion head mask on!

My opinion of the twins continues to grow and I'm hoping the initial impression was editing/bad start. They are shrill, though, as Spockwhat said, as is the female Texan, OMG! Not decided on the teachers (other than being glad they eked it out in this case) but they were able to put some blame on themselves, weren't rude to the locals and admitted they were extremely lucky. The blondes, OTOH, greatly disappointed me. I actually was liking them and loved that the one snorted when she laughed. I do that (my mom charmingly calls it chortling). But wow...it just got worse and worse and worse. I was holding my breath fearing it would be a non-elimination leg.

I am not sure who I would pick to win, I am okay with almost all the teams - the preview of green mohawk man does not bode well for my opinion of him. Otherwise, everyone is doing pretty well.

I did hear the blondes say that their driver wouldn't tell them how much the ride was and that they spent 15 minutes trying to pay him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I did hear the blondes say that their driver wouldn't tell them how much the ride was and that they spent 15 minutes trying to pay him.
    This is true; however, the driver said 2 - as in 2 of whatever money they were using in the country.

What I found funny in a way though was it seemed like a game of chicken between the final two bike carts - I think that the teachers' driver knew where to go better and just threw the other one off track so to speak.

Either that or the two knew each other, heard the girls griping so much that they agreed to do it. Now I don't like it when I feel the transportation people try to cheat the contestants or seem in cahoots with each other; however, in this case if the latter happened, I won't blame them. The girls had that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    II do that (my mom charmingly calls it chortling). But wow...it just got worse and worse and worse. I was holding my breath fearing it would be a non-elimination leg.

So was I!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Me too. Maybe next week.

The Mini-Cap for the third episode in posted in the Recap thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    May I ask where in Maine you live, Maybaybie? In my childhood I spent eight years at summer camp in Naples. During that time, I saw quite a bit of Maine and always loved it.
    I live in Bath (near Brunswick/Topsham). I had a boyfriend when I was in college who was from Sebago, so we spent quite a bit of time in the Naples area, especially in the summer. The 'Lakes Region' is one of the prettiest parts of the state. As much as I hate the winters here, I don't think I could live any place else- it's home. :-)

+ Reply to Thread