+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: 10/14 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/14 TAR 21 Show Thread: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

I noticed one of the Chippdendales said he was a "Maine boy" so I had to google him. It turns out he grew up one town over from where I live and his Mom actually works in the school that one of my children attends. I guess I now have my favorite team to root for- it's not often we see a Maine contestant- so Go Chipmunks!
    Hyper, wannasee and Jaceegirl like this.

I seem to have a knack for picking the worst possible team as far as likability goes. Blondes are gone, team short tall are kind of horrible and Monster truckers are yucky, too. Glad I have my Rockers to keep me sane.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

lol
    Hyper, spockwhat and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fan

That's hilarious! The boys are growing on me, they just have sunny attitudes about everything. The twins are growing on me too, although they're still way too shrill and over the top for someone as laid back as I am. I thought it was super cute when they were at the UTurn this week and one turned around and walked right into the cameraman while the other was commenting on how cute they looked in their picture!

I'll tentatively say I'm liking the two younger couples left (divorcees who came in first and the couple from Texas) because they aren't fighting/complaining about each other. Crossing my fingers that that keeps up. I never believe what some past couples view to be fair fighting (Johnathon/Victoria....still remember how horrible he was)

I'm surprised the substitute teachers had such a decent attitude this week having to go back and do the other side of the detour, especially considering how sulky and defeatist they were this week. I guess maybe the illusion that they had uturned another team gave them something to get through, but really, if you've been trying for so long to get on the show, I'd think you'd appreciate every second, even if you do get eliminated early.

Good riddance to the blonds. There's no reason to ever be that nasty to someone, and it's insane to expect everyone on the face of the earth to speak your language.
    Moontat likes this.

We had a delay here, too. No idea why, because the Pats/Seahawks game ended in plenty of time for 60 Minutes (but we were in the kitchen, so I wasn't paying attention).

And right at the part where tall/short were trying to figure out the cab situation, we lost our Internet connection and our DVR had to reset (which took out our TV). We got back just in time to see the Twinnies at the U-Turn mat, so we missed a relatively busy 3 minutes :-)

Was anyone else surprised to learn that the Chippendales were 6'4"? And I loved that photo of them above :-)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't think making alliances is a good idea in the Amazing Race. Natalia & Nadiya left the pit stop in first place but because they decided to wait for other teams to figure out where to go, they ended up finishing in 6th place. They lost all the time advantage they started out with and missed the first train because they decided to go with the pack.

I hate it when racers are insulting to the people in countries they visit. They make all of us Americans look bad. I'm glad the nasty girls are out so they won't be further embarrassing the U.S. in other countries.

I wouldn't have guessed that people wearing those big ceremonial heads held it up with their mouth! I always thought they rested on the person's shoulders or they held them up with their arms.

Oh, yeah. I just remembered something funny from last night. Did you catch it when one of the twins (Natalie or Nadiya) ran into the camera at the U-turn spot??? LMAO! One of them was saying they weren't going to u-turn anybody and when they went to take off, the other one hit something (I thought it was a window at the time) and fell down.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    We had a delay here, too. No idea why, because the Pats/Seahawks game ended in plenty of time for 60 Minutes (but we were in the kitchen, so I wasn't paying attention).

And right at the part where tall/short were trying to figure out the cab situation, we lost our Internet connection and our DVR had to reset (which took out our TV). We got back just in time to see the Twinnies at the U-Turn mat, so we missed a relatively busy 3 minutes :-)

Was anyone else surprised to learn that the Chippendales were 6'4"? And I loved that photo of them above :-)
    I just read your post and read how you had a delay as well and noticed that you have your town and state listed. I am from CT and not all that far from where you live. Explains why we both had a delay, but like you wasn't paying attention to know why the delay. Sorry that on top of that you lost your internet connection for a bit. Have to agree I was surprised that the Chippendales were 6'4" and love, love that adorable picture of them. Thanks to rfromp for posting it. Something about them has made me like them since day one. I did not expect to, but love the reason for their racing and they have such a great attitude. Hope their fun attitude remains. Seems like this season all the couples are getting along with each other which is nice to see. At least so far.
    TripleGemini likes this.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Awesome pic, rfromp.

I have kind of mixed feelings on the Chips. They seem pleasant enough and are a bit goofy, which I like. However, the blond one never stops talking! He's like a blondwhitemalemuscular version of the Sri Lankans.
    Who never shut up either! I enjoy the twins thoroughly, but I'd never want to be friends with them. Party with them, maybe, like, once or twice a year. But that'd be all I could take.

It's such a quirky cast, I'm enjoying most of them. The two lead couples are kind of boring in comparison to the rest, but aren't obnoxious or anything, so fine.

What surprised me most this week was I found myself rooting for the teachers... and it wasn't just because I wanted the dumbass blonde girls to go. There is something kind of endearing about the fact that they are so completely awkward, strange, and kind of socially inept. They aren't funny, really, or particularly likeable at all, they are just about the most underdog team I've ever seen. And perhaps that is why I want them to do well. I do have to say I like the short of it better than the tall; tall guy nags his partner too much! I hope they last longer than the truckers and maybe a few other teams, even.

Goodbye blondes, you were ugly and awful. Worst was the pout that one of you consistantly wore. And I don't know which one, because I don't remember your names.

ETA: Forgot to mention how much I love team hair... they are so blissfully... quiet. In comparison to the rest.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 10-15-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    Moontat, rfromp, wannasee and 1 others like this.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Watching last night made me wonder.

Brittany and Caitlin - suppose someone came from Indonesia to YOUR place of work. They screamed at you IN THEIR LANGUAGE to do whatever you were supposed to do FASTER, and then argued with you about how much they were going to pay you. With them knowing NOTHING about how much you are normally paid for what you do (and probably knowing nothing about the value of American money), they would INSIST that you give them back change from whatever task you were being paid to perform. Then you would have to listen to them screaming at you in their native tongue about their frustration that YOU don't understand what THEY are saying, even though you are on your home turf, and they have made NO effort to learn to communicate with you.

Bet it would color your opinion about Indonesians, wouldn't it? And not in a good way.

So, how do you feel with those shoes on the other feet?
    Hyper and jucamer like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

BTW, one of Caitlyn and Brittany (I'm not sure which) was a snort-laugher. I noticed she did it once last week and then again last night.
    wannasee likes this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

+ Reply to Thread