+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Amazing Race Pool

ABOUT THE POOL
    For this pool, you’ll get to choose a total of four couples for your team. Select one of the four to be your team captains and they’ll earn double points.

The couples you have to choose from are:
    Abbie and Ryan
    Amy and Daniel
    Caitlin and Brittany
    Gary and Will
    James and Mark
    Jaymes and James
    Josh and Brent
    Natalie and Nadiya
    Rob and Kelley
    Rob and Sheila
    Trey and Lexi

DEADLINE TO ENTER
    The show premieres September 30th so I’ll give you until October 6th to sign up for the pool. That way, you can watch the first episode and see what the couples are like before choosing your team.

Post your team in this thread or send me a private message with your selections. If you’d like to use a team name, that would be great but it’s not required. You can use your forum username if you prefer.

SCORING
    Each couple will earn 5 points for each week they remain in the competition, plus a bonus based on which order they get to the pit stop. If they get to the pit stop first and there are 10 teams in the game, they'll earn 10 points. If they come in last in that scenario, they'll get 1 point. The team that wins at the end of the season will get 20 bonus points. The second place team will get 10 points. The third place team will get 5 points.
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-18-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Amazing Race Pool

Yay I'll do this, too!

Can I do it now?

My four, off the bat, would be Team Metal (James/Abba), Team Twins (Natalie/Nadiya), Team Lumberjacks (Rob/Sheila), and Team Chippendale (Jaymes/James). Team Monster Truck and Team Goat Farmers are the honorable mentions. Combine the four and you get a team of stripping robot lumberjack twins. Team captains would be James/Abba. Abba knows how to manage, doesn't he? I can't think of a team name atm. Does anyone have any in mind to help me? Something that fits when summing up the four teams.

I'll play, but I think I'll wait to see the first show before making a final selection since I have to at least start out liking the people I pick. I'll let you know asap, pikachu.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Take your time, Florimel! And for anyone who registers early, remember that you can make any changes you want to your team up until registration ends (October 6th). If you're afraid you might forget about the pool, you can go ahead and sign up now and then tweak your team if you think about it before the deadline gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I can't think of a team name atm. Does anyone have any in mind to help me? Something that fits when summing up the four teams.
    How about Gemini Bionic Woodchippers? That includes metal, twins, wood, and chippendales.

Magnet and Steel? I like that song anyway.

Two Metallic Woodstrippers?

Team Scrapyard?

Junkyard Warriors?

Yes, I think I like Junkyard Warriors. Or how about Junkyard Royalty? Yes. <3

Your team has a lot of junk in their trunk. lol!

Do we have logos and banners here, too? If so, something Heavy Metaly since James and Abba are the captains.

One more week to go before Junkyard Royalty rules the world! Literally, in this case. <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast