+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Pool

Re: Amazing Race Pool

Whew, I was confused until I went back to post #30 and read the lifeline rules. Thanks for all your hard work, pikachu!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I guess I ought to make my changes before tonights show airs. OK, Lifeline 1: Replacing Amy and Daniel with Caitlyn and Brittany.
    Lifeline 2 (Neccessary because Amy and Daniel were my captains) Captains: Abbie and Ryan.

You are awesome, Pikachu!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The Shady Brow

Teams

Abbie and Ryan

Josh and Brent

Natalie and Nadiya LIFE LINE REPLACEMENT after episode 2 stats are run. (To replace Caitlin and Brittany)

James and Mark

Team Captains
    Abbie and Ryan

I'll take this week's loss of Caitlin and Brittany, but will replace them with Natalie and Nadiya for future episodes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Woohoo!!!! If I got this right, my four teams were the top four finishers, with my captains in first!!!!! Woohoo!!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Scores will be delayed because I left my scoresheet at home this morning. I'll pick it up when I'm home at lunch and have results up as soon as I can.

*Edited to add*
    Yay! Just saw in the episode discussion thread that team arrivals were listed so I can do the scoring from that. Thanks, JohnnyK!
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-15-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I guess I ought to make my changes before tonights show airs. OK, Lifeline 1: Replacing Amy and Daniel with Caitlyn and Brittany.
    Lifeline 2 (Neccessary because Amy and Daniel were my captains) Captains: Abbie and Ryan.

You are awesome, Pikachu!
    Oh, no! Tough break on your replacements for Amy & Daniel!

The good news is you didn't have to use your second Lifeline yet. Check upthread and you'll see that Abbie & Ryan were already your captains. So you can still change team captains at any time if you need to.

Thanks, Pikachu. I must have been having s Senior Moment!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Amazing Race 21 Pool Results
    Episode 3

Abbie & Ryan finished first, earning 14 points.
    Trey & Lexi came in second, earning 13 points.
    Jaymes and James were third, getting 12 points.
    James & Abba finished fourth, getting 11 points.
    Josh & Brent came in fifth, earning 10 points.
    Natalie & Nadiya were sixth, earning 9 points.
    Rob & Kelley finished seventh, getting 8 points.
    Gary & Will came in eight, getting 7 points.
    Caitlin & Brittany finished last and were eliminated from the race.

Weekly Scores
    Alley Cats: 58 points
    Amy’s J-Walkers: 59 points
    Blonde Joke: 57 points
    BuckeyeGal: 62 points
    Grokking the World: 49 points
    Junkyard Royalty: 51 points
    martin4au: 36 points
    REMS: 38 points
    Team Amazing Bellies: 51 points
    Team Lung Cheez: 53 points
    Team Phileas Fogg: 64 points
    The Shady Brow: 55 points
    Trouble in Tokyo: 53 points
    Two Tickets to Philimination: 56 points
    Watermelonheads: 55 points

Team Rankings
    1. BuckeyeGal: 126 points
    2. Team Phileas Fogg: 125 points
    3. Alley Cats: 112 points
    4. The Shady Brow: 109 points
    5. Junkyard Royalty: 107 points
    6. Watermelonheads: 106 points
    7. Amy’s J-Walkers: 105 points
    8. Two Tickets to Philimination: 104 points
    9. Trouble in Tokyo: 103 points
    10. Team Amazing Bellies: 102 points
    11. Blonde Joke: 100 points
    12. Team Lung Cheez: 96 points
    13. Grokking the World: 95 points
    14. martin4au: 84 points
    15. REMS: 81 points

BuckeyeGal and Team Phileas Fogg maintained their positions at the top of the leaderboard, in first and second place respectively, with only one point separating them. Alley Cats and The Shady Brow had been tied at fourth place last week but this week Alley Cats got the jump on The Shady Brow and swatted them down. Junkyard Royalty got caught up in the scuffle and fell to fifth place. Watermelonheads stayed in place and Amy’s J-Walkers are right below them, in seventh place. Two Tickets to Philimination got the earlier train and moved ahead of Team Amazing Bellies and Trouble in Tokyo. Trouble in Tokyo served all 20 dishes before Team Amazing Bellies, coming in at ninth place. Blonde Joke finished in eleventh place and u-turned martin4au, causing them to fall to fourteenth place. Team Lung Cheez escaped from last place last week to a twelfth place finish this week. Grokking the World came in right behind them in thirteenth place. REMS got waylaid by a bad driver, finishing dead last.

Team Phileas Fogg got the highest weekly score! Their reward is a trip to Fiji and a banquet for themselves and 19 friends. BuckeyeGal got the second highest weekly score and wins an omelet scrambled on REMS' head. For getting the lowest weekly score, martin4au will serve all 20 guests at Phileas Fogg’s banquet at one time and put on a show in a lion costume after they finish eating.

Ha I am in the same place in my fantasy football pool. Can I pick 'em or what?

I need to know what I should do since my captains (team blondes) were eliminated last night. Is that using 2 lifelines to replace them?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

tbamom: If you want to make a couple who is not currently on your team your captains then yes, you will need to use both lifelines to add them to your team and designate them as your captains.

I used to be the worst at picking pool teams, too. From experience watching many reality shows and playing in lots of pools, I've gotten better but still rarely pick a winning team. I'm usually hovering somewhere in the middle of the leaderboard, as I am right now in all the pools I'm playing in.

Someone on another forum who always did really well in the pools once advised me to pick middle-of the-road contestants. You don't necessarily have to pick the contestant who wins the show to win the pool. You just need to pick the contestants who stay on the show the longest. She must have been doing something right since she won many pools and was always at the top of the leaderboard.

+ Reply to Thread