Re: Amazing Race Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Thanks for setting this up pikachu

James & Jaymes
    Amy & Daniel
    James & Abba
    Josh & Brent

Captains: Amy & Daniel

Since it's a "J" heavy Team and Amy is the only female, they will be known as Amy's J-Walkers

I sure hope I fare better in this pool than in the Survivor Pool!
    pikachu... I don't see Amy's J-Walkers on your list

I guess I have to use my save already too... I have no luck with these pools!

Please add Abby & Ryan and make James & Jaymes the team captains.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm sorry I missed your post, Hyper. I went back and forth through this thread multiple times the other day to make sure I included everyone and I didn't see your post. I'll add you to the scoresheet so you'll be set for next week. I'll also figure out what your score should be this week.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I didn't purposefully leave you out!
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Ok, Hyper, you're tied for 8th place with 46 points.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Yay! I'm not in last place!

What is the deal with the replacement/lifeline option? I see a few of you replacing Amy and Daniel, is that possible, given their elimination?

I added information about team changes later so it's not in my initial post about the pool. It's in post #30 in this thread.

I hadn't planned to make any replacements so soon but then I didn't expect to lose my captains this early in the game.

HOW TEAM CHANGES WILL WORK

To borrow terminology from Who Wants to be a Millionaire, you will be given 2 lifelines in the game.

With Lifeline #1, you can add any team to your lineup. You can only have a total of four teams, though, so if you already have four teams, you'll have to drop one to use this lifeline.

With Lifeline #2, you can make any of your existing teams your captains. If you still have your original team captains in place, they will be demoted down to a regular team and the team you designate will become your team captains.

The only way you can make a team not in your lineup your new team captains is to use both lifelines at once. Think very carefully strategy-wise before doing this.

It's up to you how early or how late in the season you want to use your lifelines.

Thanks! I missed that.

I'd like to use Lifeline #1, please!

I'd like to swap out Amy and Daniel for Caitlin and Brittany (going out on a limb here, I figured I needed an all-girl team to mix it up, and I can't bring myself to choose the Bickersons).

I guess I need to put Trey and Lexi in place of my eliminated couple (Amy & Daniel).... two longhorns on my team, oh the shame... I'll never be able to look my Sooner friends in the eye again. And on this, the week of their big game

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm sorry I missed your post, Hyper. I went back and forth through this thread multiple times the other day to make sure I included everyone and I didn't see your post. I'll add you to the scoresheet so you'll be set for next week. I'll also figure out what your score should be this week.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I didn't purposefully leave you out!
    No Worries pikachu... I know you didn't leave me out intentionally! If it makes you feel better, I looked through all the posts a few times before I found mine... I thought maybe I hadn't hit Submit!

Pikachu, I'd like to use lifefline #1 to change Amy/Daniel to Jaymes/James. I'd hold off on lifeline #2 (team captain switch) for a while since it's still very early in the race.

Is that okay?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yep, that's fine, Florimel! I'll update the spreadsheet.

I ended up making a separate table, too, so I could keep track of who's made changes to their team and what those changes were. Anything to help keep my records straight!

+ Reply to Thread