+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Pool

Re: Amazing Race Pool

Thanks, pikachu. I think I'll set up my own spreadsheet to try and keep track if I have time. It's been a while since I've taught or even used Excel, so it'll be a good brush up if I do it.

I have to compliment you on how you set these up. I think you'd be better at creating and running tv game shows than most of those who are now doing it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

* Gives Florimel 5 bonus points for sucking up to the pool co-ordinator *

Seriously, though, thanks for the kind words! I'm a bit rusty at running pools since it's been awhile since I've done them. I don't like to add new rules or change the pool scoring after the pool has begun but sometimes it can't be helped. I'm always trying to modify my pools based on things I've learned in the past so I can make them better and better.

If you need any help with Excel, feel free to send me a private message. I can even send you a copy of my spreadsheet so you can see how it's set up.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'll keep the three I have, and bring in Rob and Kelley. I can't believe I didn't add Monster Truck to Junkyard Royalty to begin with.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

After much agonizing and many changes, I think I finally have my team set.

I had planned to make Jaymes and James my team captains but after seeing how they did on the first episode, I'm worried that their poor sense of observation will continue to plague them. Plus, now they've put themselves at the back of the pack and have to work extra hard next week to stay in the game. Sadly, I had to pass on them for my team.

I had originally chosen Rob and Sheila for my team, based on the strength of their bios and pre-show interviews but they're already out!

I knew from the start I didn't want Natalie and Nadiya because past experience has shown that couples who argue a lot typically don't do well on the show. Sometimes they do ok if they can use that drama to fuel their competitive streak but often their team dynamic suffers and they fail to work together.

I hate to discriminate against the little guy but there have been challenges in the past where short people had trouble helping their partner with a challenge so I passed on Gary and Will.

One of the girls (can't remember if it was Caitlin or Brittany) mentioned they were afraid of heights and you can be sure there will be more heights-related challenges this season so I passed on them.

The goatherders seemed a bit too laid back for me. I don't know that they have the competitive edge to succeed in the Amazing Race.

Rob already had a mishap from not reading the rules of a challenge so I didn't want to choose his team.

I finally decided on Abbie & Ryan, Amy & Daniel, James & Mark, and Trey & Lexi, with Amy & Daniel as my team captains.

I'm worried about Amy & Daniel because she seemed to have trouble sprinting for longer distances so they have to stay well enough ahead of the pack to avoid footraces to the finish. Plus, they can't afford to help other teams with clues anymore! Nice guys finish last, especially in games like TAR.

I'm not sure how Abbie & Ryan will do on their own but as long as there's one other team for them to get information from or follow, they'll probably do well. While it might be said it was rude for them to breeze past the couple who helped them find the lady with the abacus, this is a race for 2 million dollars! They put their personal feelings aside and played the game competitively. I have to give them props for that.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Amazing Race Pool

I would like to join

Caitlyn & Brittany - team captains
    Trey & Lexi
    James & Mark
    Amy & Daniel

Very good, Martin! Good luck in the pool!

Thanks for running this. I am a pool virgin so if I screw things up too badly, please be gentle. Do I keep my own score? I have no idea how to use Excel.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Don't worry, tbamom. All you have to do is select your team. I'll be keeping score.

Keep checking this thread because I'll be posting pool results each week and if I have any rule changes or updates, I'll post them here.

Post #30 includes details about how you can change out a team member, if you choose to during to do so during the season.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Thanks for the updated avatar. Introducing our newest members to Junkyard Royalty, the Monster Truckers. <3

Team Lung Cheez

Amy/Daniel - Captains
    James/Mark
    Gary/Will
    Trey/Lexi

+ Reply to Thread