+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: 5/6 TAR 20 FINALE Discussion ** West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/6 TAR 20 FINALE Discussion ** West Coast Spoilers**

Thanks Katydid! Great to get some inside scoop!

I figured Vanessa was as much of a beeyotch as she seemed, if not worse. Something about her just screams MEAN to me. Yuck. I was pretty surprised to hear Ralph dumped her though, as their last interview he got all choked up and teary saying how wonderful she was. Hmmm....

Glad to hear the Army couple are doing fine. Did she say anything at all about the border patrol guys? The last episode showed Rachel and Dave didn't seem to like them very much.

Glad that Rachel and Dave won I would have happier if Border Patrol had come in last. It had come to the point I didn't care what team won as long as Border Patrol didn't. Even though Sparkly Green Baby had misread the directions if she just would get on with it instead of pouting I honestly believe she would have placed second. I mean come on SGB did the grass surfing in only two tries. If she had just put a bit of effort into the lava rock roll she could have beat the BP's. At that point in the game that would have been my incentive.

If you think about it and if SGB hadn't misread the directions to the helicopter they would have won. That really would have cooked BP's gizzard's.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I figured Vanessa was as much of a beeyotch as she seemed, if not worse. Something about her just screams MEAN to me. Yuck. I was pretty surprised to hear Ralph dumped her though, as their last interview he got all choked up and teary saying how wonderful she was. Hmmm....
    I think he was having positive feelings for her because of her fortitude during the Japanese game show, and I don't blame him. Unpleasant as she is, I was pretty impressed that she kept going given the state of her ankle. However, once the glow has grown dim, she is still a nasty piece of work, and he did seem like an okay guy, so I am not at all surprised.
    sweetpea and Moontat like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

CCL

If they had only acknowledged the hypocrisy of it. But you'd have to have at least some self-awareness to do that.
    Not only did they not note the hypocrisy they also made disparaging comments about how Brendon and Rachel would probably luck into finding the location (as if they wouldn't be smart enough to ask).

I was good with the ending. I was a fan of Rachel and it would have been heartbreaking to see her come in second after that. I thought Dave and Rachel kept it together and recovered well from their big mistake; I think if it was me and Phil had told me I didn't complete the roadblock I'd be confused and going back to the sea rescue station thinking
    that was it.

I would have preferred the border patrol to have come in third but that's fine.

Clearly the show runners have noted Kentucky's popularity as they got a recap in the beginning and they were the only ones of the teams outside of the top 3 to get a closing talking segment at the end.
    Moontat likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I think he was having positive feelings for her because of her fortitude during the Japanese game show, and I don't blame him. Unpleasant as she is, I was pretty impressed that she kept going given the state of her ankle. However, once the glow has grown dim, she is still a nasty piece of work, and he did seem like an Kay guy, so I am not at all surprised.
    How many times have they been married between them 3? or 4.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    How many times have they been married between them 3? or 4.
    I think 4, yes, Fanny. He was married 3 times I believe and she, once. I cringed when I heard that. He seems like a good enough guy, but who has already gone through 3 marriages already at his age?? Yikes.

I think 4, yes, Fanny. He was married 3 times I believe and she, once. I cringed when I heard that. He seems like a good enough guy, but who has already gone through 3 marriages already at his age?? Yikes.
    Exactly he can 'seem' okay, but there's a reason nobody can live with him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Not the most likeable final 3 teams but it ended fittingly enough for me. The lesser of the unlikeables won and whiny baby came in last. That seems about right.

Just an FYI...I'm my husband's 4th wife (he's my first...and hopefully only ;-)...husband.) And we've been together longer than any of his previous relationships combined. Sometimes it takes time to find the right person ;-) (Then again, if Ralph keeps choosing people like Vanessa, he could possibly go through a few more!)
    Moontat likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Finally had a chance to watch - the best team this season won. Glad to hear their relationship is better for it 'cause I def. couldn't see it by the editing. Kudos to Rachel & Brendon - everyone has knocked them all season but they did well and proved they deserved to be in the finals. And I had to laugh at Art & JJ - for all their cursing of BB and how they just followed everyone else, that very thing knocked Art & JJ out for a while. I loved the irony of that!

I can't remember a finale where all three of the teams made a mistake that could've knocked them out of the lead - Dave & Rachel in Japan where they missed the ferry (and got lucky the next morning), Art & JJ with not finding the towers, and then Rachel & Brendon driving off site and missing the helicopter. But Dave & Rachel proved they deserved to win...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread