Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 4/29 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 4/29 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

In attempt to show off my TAR history knowledge again, this is the second time a team took the FF and still came in last. The first was in the third season where the team that took it came in last and finished tenth!

I was sure off on my prediction because I thought for sure Rachel would shave her head. I thought Mark and Bopper might have to withdraw because of medical reasons. They were a class act. Came in as friends and left as friends. Rachel and Dave have won a lot of trips, a car each and now $10,000 each. I thought it might be nice for them to offer some money to Bopper for his daughter as the Border Patrol did, but was disappointed by that as well. I really don't care who wins at this point as long as it is anybody, but BB.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

There's a little thing that I keep noticing. It's not a big deal, but it annoys me.

It seems that when anyone else rips the zip tab off the clue envelope, they hold it in their hand. The BP guy always just rips it and throws it on the ground. He's the kind of person who makes Americans unpopular in other countries.

Living in AZ, I appreciate the work done by the border patrol. But that doesn't mean I appreciate every single one of them as individuals - especially if they act like this.

From Phil's twitstream:

Click to see Spoiler:
    The first-place team that didn't finish the roadblock? They didn't read the entire clue.

And...while I would have preferred Kentucky to win, I'm evenly OK with the final four teams. There's something I don't like about all of them :-) But I would prefer either Team Army or Team BB to win.
    cantstopwatchin, Moontat and Midol like this.

CCL

If they have another All Stars I can see Kentucky being asked. Class acts. Too bad they were too far behind. Would have loved them to trounce Art and JJ.
    I don't know that I would shave my head for a chance at 500, 000. If you're going to give me that much (or 10, 000), sure, but for a chance? And Rachel and Brendon already have a chance at winning 500, 000 (each) by dint of being in the race. And they did end up in second position so...
    Finale sounds interesting. Hope it lives up to hype. I'm rooting for Rachel (grudgingly Dave) first and then Rachel and Brendon. I don't want the border guards or Vanessa to win.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

What in the heck is Art's problem?? He's like that nattering old lady who lives next door and can't keep his nose out of other people's business. Why does he care so much whether Rachel shaved her head or not? It was stupid of her not to, he should have been happy she didn't so they weren't vaulted into first place. Instead he goes on...and on...and on....and ON about it. Sheesh, you're a grown man, just shut it already. He's embarrassing himself with this obsession he has with other people (Rachel and Dave, Brenchel) and his inability to be an adult and just mind his own d*mned business.

Rachel should have done it. Vanity doesn't win you a million dollars. Sad that she's so insecure about her looks. Pathetic. Brenden was really supportive though, which was nice to see.

So, didn't the guy on the top of the truck keep track of people's wheel barrow loads of elephant dung? Wouldn't he have told the teams if they were short? Seriously, Vanessa bringing that up at the mat with her fake little smirky smile and her "I'm over it!" crap is just pathetic as well. What a biotch. She's so ridiculous it's obnoxious.

I was really mad to see BP come in before Kentucky. There is no justice here. I hope they don't win. If they win it will go down as the worst win, ever.

Go Rachel (and Dave I guess since they are a team). Anyone but Art/JJ or Vanessa. Ralph can win but only if he dumps his gf at the mat.
    Cootie, Moontat and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    You know, I'm now no longer much interested in who wins, because all the teams left are kind of crabby or bitchy or egotistical or some combination of the three.
    It seems like this might be true in many competitions...those intense negative qualities seem to fire up some competitors and make them good at whatever game they are playing. To our displeasure.

Well the good points and the bad:

Good:

1. Bopper and Mark were smart to at least try for the fast forward. At that point it wasn't going to cause them any more harm - they knew they were far behind as it was, but if it hadn't been used there was a chance they'd go on. Sadly, it wasn't meant to be, but I think they played hard to the very end, and at least had fun every step of the way.

2. From what I saw, Phil telling them that enough was enough - and keeping restraint in not just flat out knocking Vanessa down a few pegs in saying that Rachel and Brendon did the challenge properly because if they hadn't they wouldn't have gotten the clue.

3. Rachel and Dave willingly pay more to get the ferry to leave a little earlier. There were enough trucks/buses/carts/etc. on it that the person wasn't going to lose money, and this just gave him a bit more. It also gave them a decent enough lead for the next let, which is important.

The bad:

1. Mark and Bopper are gone - the two who have no matter how they (insert emotion) inside, they didn't give up overall. They also didn't gripe and moan and whine when things weren't going their way. Makes it hard to watch the final four for that reason. (This also makes me mad at the Bollywood director who DQ'd Mark's 10th take on the dance with a slight and I mean very slight error. THAT made the different IMHO because that was the dance take he got really overheated on).

2. Vanessa thinking she could get Phil to penalize Brendon and Rachel on a challenge that the cameramen and people that are ruling the task. Personally I think there should be a rule saying "You try to get Phil to assess a penalty on a task that was done legit, it can be seen as cheating to get an advantage and you're penalized a time." Seriously, pathetic - and I'm not a huge fan of Rachel and Brendon's.

3. Art and JJ regarding Rachel's choice to not get a hair cut to go on the fast forward - I mean REALLY? SERIOUSLY??? You should be glad that Rachel and Brendon didn't do it because as much as people loved team Kentucky, they were not as strong and had they made it to the final three with Art and JJ, they'd be easier to beat. The only plus that could've happened here was had Bopper and Mark not been so far behind YOU'D been eliminated because I seriously get tired of you wanting people to do your dirty work and then complain when they make decisions that benefit themselves (The U-Turn, the Fast Forward).

4. Rachel bawling so much in regard to the $500 extensions and not wanting to cut them out. Yes, I know that it's expensive, and yes... it wouldn't be that great of a look on her, but $500 loss over a chance at $500,000? - You can get a lovely wig to cover up your hair (and honestly, it might've helped her out more).

5. Seriously - the gripefest on the mat. I think it beat the infamous one with Margie and Luke versus the sisters who lost that race due to needing the bathroom (and yes got redemption but still...) a few years ago. I won't go into detail.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, in conclusion for next week - it will be an interesting final, and I have to admit I have ALWAYS wanted to see this kind of finish result. This season is the PERFECT season for it - well as long as it's Art and JJ or Vanessa and Ralph.

Out of the final four, I would prefer Rachel and Dave to win, as overall they have been the least bickering and I've felt most of it is due to him being in the military and the like.

Second? - I have to admit because THIS is the final four, I won't mind if Rachel and Brendon get into that spot. Yes, she's whined and he's groused, but they've played with the second least amount of errors.

Then the other two I could care less how they finish. I also think they're the most likely to make the biggest mistake of them all in this race.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    What in the heck is Art's problem?? He's like that nattering old lady who lives next door and can't keep his nose out of other people's business. Why does he care so much whether Rachel shaved her head or not? It was stupid of her not to, he should have been happy she didn't so they weren't vaulted into first place. Instead he goes on...and on...and on....and ON about it. Sheesh, you're a grown man, just shut it already. He's embarrassing himself with this obsession he has with other people (Rachel and Dave, Brenchel) and his inability to be an adult and just mind his own d*mned business.

Rachel should have done it. Vanity doesn't win you a million dollars. Sad that she's so insecure about her looks. Pathetic. Brenden was really supportive though, which was nice to see.

So, didn't the guy on the top of the truck keep track of people's wheel barrow loads of elephant dung? Wouldn't he have told the teams if they were short? Seriously, Vanessa bringing that up at the mat with her fake little smirky smile and her "I'm over it!" crap is just pathetic as well. What a biotch. She's so ridiculous it's obnoxious.

I was really mad to see BP come in before Kentucky. There is no justice here. I hope they don't win. If they win it will go down as the worst win, ever.

Go Rachel (and Dave I guess since they are a team). Anyone but Art/JJ or Vanessa. Ralph can win but only if he dumps his gf at the mat.
    So agree with you about Art. He likes to stir things up for no real reason ... the federal agents ... and just can't let things go. I really don't know what his problem is and he is looking more and more like a whiny, petty man. I'm sure he will be getting ribbed when he gets back to work.

As to the bolded, each team has has a crew with them. If anyone doesn't finish the task properly, the crew would know and would radio up ahead to Phil so I don't know why Venessa thinks that she needs to keep track as well. Maybe, if she concentrated more on what she and her partner were doing, they would be fighting less and running a cleaner race.
    Moontat likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Vanessa actually has made me like Rachel in this!!
    I liked that Rachel called her out, esp. on the boobs. She said - you have fake boobs, too. She should have also said - well, you have a fake news, too.

I will so miss Mark and Bopper. Loved them.

Of those left, I'd like either BB o r Border Patrol.
    Not a fan of Dave and Rachel or Vanessa. Shame, as I think Ralph would be fine without her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Closed Thread