Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 4/29 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 4/29 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I am a BB watcher also (including live feeds) and I ended up cheering for a Rachel win last season. I like what I see of her and Brendon on the Race. They haven't disintegrated or quit and have put up with inter-personal stuff from other racers - mainly Vanessa and Ralph. The "new" villains, Art and JJ said that Rachel was a nice person, post show interviews from Mark and Bopper as well as the Feds point out that they like them.

We have moved away from discussion of the show into Brendon/Rachel only territory and after my above statement in response to other posts, I'll take any further comments I have about them to their thread.

I'm looking forward to Japan and the finish line in Hawaii according to the latest commercial. Best of luck and good taxi drivers to all the final four.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Is this going to be two hours? I remember when it was. Now we have F4 instead of F3 and its maybe only one hour .I bet they really have to edit alot. I havent looked but I am so hoping AR is 2 hours this time.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yes, two hours - 8-10 PM eastern and western.
    sweetpea likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Yes, two hours - 8-10 PM eastern and western.
    ! I did wonder with it being final 4 - great .Thanks!
    -Andy Rooney-

This seems like a dumb question and if anyone else asked, sorry ahead of time, but how come when the other teams found out Green Sparkly Baby didn't do the Fast Forward why didn't they go for it?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    This seems like a dumb question and if anyone else asked, sorry ahead of time, but how come when the other teams found out Green Sparkly Baby didn't do the Fast Forward why didn't they go for it?
    Mark and Bopper did it. Or do you mean before them? I think it was too late to go back once they found out, and a couple of them had already done a FF. I hope thats right, if not, someone will know
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't know for sure, but I got the impression that once they'd started the task, they couldn't change their minds. (We know they can't let the other partner do it, so maybe it's the same kind of thing.)

Rachel and Dave and Border Patrol had won FFs in previous legs, so they were not eligible to do another FF. I don't know if Vanessa and Ralph were allowed to go try the FF after starting a task, but they probably thought they were in a decent position because Border Patrol was struggling and they knew they had a 3-hour lead on Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Rachel and Dave and Border Patrol had won FFs in previous legs, so they were not eligible to do another FF. I don't know if Vanessa and Ralph were allowed to go try the FF after starting a task, but they probably thought they were in a decent position because Border Patrol was struggling and they knew they had a 3-hour lead on Kentucky.
    Yes, that's the rule for the show. Once you complete a FF, you cannot do another one on another leg. The BG's did the first one early in the race, when one had to fly a miniature helicopter on to the other one's helmet. Army Rachel did the next one by chucking hay bales onto a truck and beating the crud out of Jersey Boys. Army Dave mostly stood around watching her, but since they were a team, they both got credit.

As for BB Rachel and her hair, yeah it was her choice. But that doesn't mean I can't think she's a total idiot. Actually, my emotions about her were all over the map in this episode. First of all, although I don't agree with their bullying, the BG's did hit it spot on: risk a million dollars for $500? Really? So at first I was angry and disgusted at her.

And then when she went into her excuse about how she has to look pretty, I felt sorry for her. It must be terrible to have self-esteem that low. I didn't see Uchenna and Joyce's season, but from the clip they showed it looked he was very supportive of her, which helped her have the courage to do it. What a telling contrast to BB's relationship! I also watched The Voice results and saw Beverly McClellan, bald as an eagle and rockin' out with Cyndi Lauper to her latest hit, clearly enjoying every moment and not giving a toss whether you loved her lack of hair or not. So then I thought maybe I had been too hard on her.

Then I read a good point made here in this thread. You're in the one of the poorest countries on earth, and you're telling the world that you spent $500 your hair? Seriously? How much money and/or food could you buy with $500? And instead you throw that kind of money away in a pathetic bid to win the world's approval. So now I'm back to disgust.

On the other end of the spectrum, good-bye Team Kentucky. I loved you best of all. Like the Cowboys, you may have lost in terms of money but you won in terms of character, and that's the most important thing of all. You made this race bearable and I can only hope that teams on future races follow your outstanding example. You have set a very high bar.

As for the end, add me to the chorus that doesn't really care. If I had to make a choice, I would rank them thus:

1. Team Army. Rachel has kicked butt, Dave has been improving, and as somebody said, at least they've kept their bickering to themselves. Also, it would be kind of cool to see if they could tie/break the record for most legs won.

2. I really have not enjoyed seeing their nasty personalities. However, they did give their money to Bopper, and they have run a strong race. I'm going to enjoy seeing them race against Team Army.

3. If there is any justice on the Lord's earth, then neither one of these teams will win. I am SO praying that it is one of these teams that screws up at the Pit Stop.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mark and Bopper will be on The Talk tomorrow.

Closed Thread