+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: 4/22 TAR 20 Show Discussion *** West Coast Spoilers ***

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 4/22 TAR 20 Show Discussion *** West Coast Spoilers ***

Production interference for a better story, perhaps?

If the supposed head-shaving next episode is a Fast Forward, could Bopper and Mark go for it? I think it may be their only chance at this stage. Not sure how far behind Ralphessa they are.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

If the supposed head-shaving next episode is a Fast Forward, could Bopper and Mark go for it? I think it may be their only chance at this stage. Not sure how far behind Ralphessa they are.
    That would be great! And the time Uchenna and Joyce got it, I thought it was both partners, just Uchenna was already bald? Was it the male and female models who got there first but the female wouldn't do it? Eh, my memory isn't very good. lol

I'm still okay with the BP, yes, JJ whines too damn much but what was that he said to Art, about his manhood on the line because Rachel beat him at cricket? That was pretty funny. Hated Major Dave yelling, "Listen to your frickin' husband," blah, blah. Don't really care for Rachel but she's kicked butt the whole way.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yeah I only remember twice before where they had the head-shaving FF. First in the fifth season, where the model couple went to the FF location not knowing what they had to do until they got there, at which point they freaked out, refused to do it, and turned back. And then Uchenna and Joyce in TAR 7 who actually did go through with it. Glad they won.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I have to totally agree with the above posts as far as the entire episode felt very contrived and heavily edited. For the majority of the show you see Bopper telling Mark it is OK to quit and when he finally did he is telling him to try one more time.

After watching Mark perform 12 times I have to honestly say his 12th performance was really not that much different than from his 8th thru 12th. I honestly thought they all felt sorry for him and gave it to him based more on his effort then doing the choreography well or correctly.
    I felt the same thing... if Bopper and Mark pull through the next leg and make it to the end, I wonder how the other teams will view this moment?

The women really surprised me; Rachel was terrific and totally responsible for that team getting first place. Say what you will about Vanessa she got the dance and so did the Green Sparkly Baby.
    That alone is worth a like.

My opinion of JJ continues to down and down and down.
    On the plus side, they didn't come in first the last couple of legs, so we didn't have to listen to their comments about their dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I have to totally agree with the above posts as far as the entire episode felt very contrived and heavily edited. For the majority of the show you see Bopper telling Mark it is OK to quit and when he finally did he is telling him to try one more time.

After watching Mark perform 12 times I have to honestly say his 12th performance was really not that much different than from his 8th thru 12th. I honestly thought they all felt sorry for him and gave it to him based more on his effort then doing the choreography well or correctly.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. I didn't see any differences in his performances. However, since he was determined to finish it, then I don't necessarily mind his getting a pass. Clearly it would have been inhumane to make him keep doing it when he wasn't going to get it. (In fact, I was ticked off that that director let it go on for that long.)

The women really surprised me; Rachel was terrific and totally responsible for that team getting first place. Say what you will about Vanessa she got the dance and so did the Green Sparkly Baby. My opinion of JJ continues to down and down and down.
    Once again, the Rachel-phenia effect. I actually admired her in this episode because she did the challenges well and with a good spirit. (Her beating the BG's at cricket will probably be my favorite moment in this race. ) It looks like that all my good feelings will get tossed out the window next episode, though when she breaks down over the hair. That's what drives me crazy about her, the constant yo-yoing.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I don't really agree with saying Kentucky deserve to win more than any of the other teams. They have been spared twice now while nobody else has. Just saying.
    We have had other teams in the past have to do two speed bumps, so there's precedent.

Also, this is the final one (as the FBI agents did one too), so there will be no safes except if they do a double leg, and there will probably be one more speedbump there.

Just because Mark and Bopper had a VERY lucky hand given to them here doesn't mean they will end up being safe. If they do - then it'll be due to their teamwork. It'll be a test there big time, and if by chance they do end up making it to the final four they will have earned it.

They could, but I don't think they will. If they use their heads though, they will realize that Rachel and Vanessa are vain so they won't cut their hair, the two guys in Ralph and Brendon may not (Brendon however HAS had his hair shaved before I think for Big Brother in a challenge), and Art/JJ and Dave/Rachel cannot compete here.

If they did and no one does it before then? - Bopper would gladly do it (then again he's the only one with hair.)

OMG with all the gender stereotype crap this episode! The 'dudes vs. chicks' comments by the BP at the dancing challenge, Rachel's 'of course I'm emotional I'm a girl!', Dave's 'listen to your husband! (man) - UGH.

JJ needs so shut the h*ll up. Art, same. At this point I am happy if anyone but them wins.

Vanessa was tolerable this episode, and I loved Army Rachel's enthusiasm and laughing at the driving challenge. Boy, her husband sure sucks the wind out of her happy sails sometimes doesn't he? He's totally full of himself, but it looks like she knows it and gets him, so whatever works for them.

So glad to see Mark and Bopper saved. I felt so bad for Mark, he really really looked ill. His last dance was a pity win, but why was the director so damned picky about all the previous attempts, and couldn't the guy wear a hat for pete's sake? I was really worried about him, and it was so lovely to see that Bopper was, too.
    jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

By the time of his 12th attempt, the other teams were so far ahead there was no way they were going to catch up. As far as Bopper flipping from concerned friend to cheer leader, it came out of Mark not wanting to let his kids down...that he had to finish the task. At that point Bopper said Okay. It was good to see Mark receive love from the Bollywood cast and crew when he was given the envelope.

BBRachel did fine this leg. The reason she jumped off the stage in frustration was because that was the most direct path to Brendon. He gave her the words she needed to hear and she went back and finished. If I have to fault her for whining, I have to fault Vanessa for scathing. They are who they are and their personality clash is what is making a piece of the Race interesting this year.

The best edit goes to Army Rachel. They have won what??? five first places? They are headed for the finals, but as has happened to strong racers in the past, may trip up on the last leg.

My all time favorite is the Hippies. They won legs and raced with joy and wonder at the surroundings. My second favorite team is the Cowboys for the same reason. It would be lovely to include females in that list, but so far, with the Feds out, once again I'm going to be denied.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    OMG with all the gender stereotype crap this episode! The 'dudes vs. chicks' comments by the BP at the dancing challenge, Rachel's 'of course I'm emotional I'm a girl!', Dave's 'listen to your husband! (man) - UGH.
    I was watching Smash last night, and right at the end they had a big Bollywood dancing scene. Guess what? They started out with the hero dancing with a troop of guys, then cut to the heroine dancing with women, then the two groups merged. So only women are good at dancing? Please.
    sweetpea and Jaceegirl like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread