+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: 4/22 TAR 20 Show Discussion *** West Coast Spoilers ***

Re: 4/22 TAR 20 Show Discussion *** West Coast Spoilers ***

I am wondering if Dave is feeling un-needed after being away at war and coming home. Maybe Rachel used to be less independent but has had to learn to do things without him and, as such is quite capable and not willing to go back to the way things were. Total speculation, of course but I was trying to figure out why he behaves the way he does.
    Longhornfan likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Regular

I was so happy that Team Kentucky is still in the race. They truly deserve to win this race. They relationship reminds me so much of The Cowboys and pthe 2 snowboarders who I also loved. The Bollywood Challenge was so difficult and I was really ticked off at CBS for putting the contestants health at risk by having them perfect this most difficult dance in the heat wearing heat absorbing clothes. Ridiculous.
    Midol likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When they were learning the Bollywood dance, I couldn't understand when the people trying to learn the dance did not face the dancers; it's easer to earn like that. The only issue would have been that the paid extras would have had to learn the dance backwards...and the competitors would mirror image them. It is sooo much easier. It's really not that difficult!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang View Post
    I was so happy that Team Kentucky is still in the race. They truly deserve to win this race. They relationship reminds me so much of The Cowboys and pthe 2 snowboarders who I also loved. The Bollywood Challenge was so difficult and I was really ticked off at CBS for putting the contestants health at risk by having them perfect this most difficult dance in the heat wearing heat absorbing clothes. Ridiculous.
    Me too - and I think that is why this leg was an NEL instead of say a TBC leg or an elimination one.

Not only was the dance difficult, it was hot and it looked like they did have lights on them too.

All of them earned kudos for doing it IMHO - and Rachel of Team Army simply rocked that challenge.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I am wondering if Dave is feeling un-needed after being away at war and coming home. Maybe Rachel used to be less independent but has had to learn to do things without him and, as such is quite capable and not willing to go back to the way things were. Total speculation, of course but I was trying to figure out why he behaves the way he does.
    Hadn't thought of that.

She doesn't put up with it either - We've seen other guys like him but the wife usually just sits there and takes it - She sure calls him on all his BS.

Just doesn't seem like it is going to end up well for them (in real life). I've always thought if people would treat their partners like this on national TV what must they be like in private???

I'm rooting for Mark and Bopper for the win, but I would not be unhappy if Rachel and Dave won. I know Dave has been a jerk at times, but he seems to be getting a little nicer each week. I have heard that it is often difficult for military personnel to readjust to civilian life after a tour of duty overseas, so perhaps some of Dave's irritability comes from that. Remember, as a major he is used to giving orders and having them obeyed without question. I'm sure it takes a while to get back into the give and take of a marriage.

I was a huge fan of Art and JJ the first few weeks. Now, I can't stand them.
    Longhornfan likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was hoping Team Kentucky was going home. No such luck. They sure have been lucky about hitting non-elimination rounds to come in last.

I had to laugh at Vanessa and Ralph referring to Brendon and Rachel as Team Big Baby. That was a good one, hahahaha!
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-23-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I don't really agree with saying Kentucky deserve to win more than any of the other teams. They have been spared twice now while nobody else has. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I absolutely love Team Kentucky but I sure got a contrived feeling when they convinced him not to quit the race. One minute Bopper is saying all the right things to convince him to give up and the next it is "feel better? let's go prove to your kids that daddy isn't a quitter" (ad lib) I almost got the impression someone gave them a head's up not to quit. How real is my reality tv?
    It felt contrived from the very beginning, when that so-called medic approved of Bopper continuing. What doctor would say that it was ok to continue putting such enormous stress on a leg requiring a brace? We saw Bopper struggling to keep up in this leg, so no telling how much more he might be damaging his leg.

And what the heck was the choreographer doing trying to convince Mark to stay in? When has a local person in a challenge ever stepped in like that? And Bopper's changing his mind so quickly. It all felt so weird. I think your point was valid, Jade, that maybe the producers wanted to make sure Bopper and Mark were thinking clearly. However, it just felt the weird the way they edited it.

And I have mixed feelings about them being saved. I love them to death and wish they would win, but honestly, I don't see that happening. Not with Bopper's leg and Mark's illness. I had heat sickness a couple of years ago and it was horrible. You're right, Jade, that somebody in that condition is in no shape to make a decision. All you want is for the world to stop spinning and your stomach to stop heaving. And the effects last for a while, too. I got sick in the afternoon, and that evening some friends of mine asked me out to eat with them. Thanks to some medication and plenty of fluids and bed rest, I was able to function--but just barely. I could walk and say a few words, but that was about it. I remember vividly staring at the menu thinking I didn't want to eat anything, but that I needed to in order to keep my strength up. I finally forced myself to eat a little soup. It took another full day of bed rest before I felt ready to face the world again. If Mark suffered like that (and it certainly looked like he did), then it's going to be tough for him having to jump in to the next leg the next day.

With that in mind, I almost wish that they had stuck to their decision to withdraw. I would rather have seen them go out with their heads held high, after those moving speeches, than to see all those annoying teams beat them yet again.

I wouldn't necessarily mind if Army team won. Rachel kicks butt and Dave is softening up a little. I think deep down he does love her and is really proud of her, but just has a hard time showing it. Having grown up as an Army brat, I can say that people have been spot on with their analysis of the difficulties this couple might be having as they re-adjust to being together.

I loved the challenges this week! I've seen Bollywood dancing before, and so I already loved it. The girls rocked this challenge, but I totally agree that it was annoying to hear that remark about "girls being better at these challenges." Uh, have you ever seen the movie "Slumdog Millionaire"? If they have enough training, then men can dance this style every bit as well as women. That being said, I loved watching JJ dance like a gorilla.

And I'm so glad that some of the teams chose to play cricket. It's a fun game to watch once you understand the rules. I also loved seeing Art & JJ getting beat by Rachel. I kept wanting to yell at the BG's, "You hit like a girl!"

Alas, it looks like BB Rachel is up to her usual schtick next week. Is the hair challenge really a FF? Heck, if I were there I'd say, "Hand me that razor! I'll do it myself!"
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I have to totally agree with the above posts as far as the entire episode felt very contrived and heavily edited. For the majority of the show you see Bopper telling Mark it is OK to quit and when he finally did he is telling him to try one more time.

After watching Mark perform 12 times I have to honestly say his 12th performance was really not that much different than from his 8th thru 12th. I honestly thought they all felt sorry for him and gave it to him based more on his effort then doing the choreography well or correctly.

The women really surprised me; Rachel was terrific and totally responsible for that team getting first place. Say what you will about Vanessa she got the dance and so did the Green Sparkly Baby.

My opinion of JJ continues to down and down and down.
    spockwhat and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread