+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/15 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Aw, fake teachers are out. I liked them.

Which leaves us stuck with Brenchel and snotty Vanessa. Sigh.
    Jezebella, Midol and Babbred like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Ugh Ralphessa like always barely hang on.

8th when the twins went out in 9th, 6th when Jersey went out in 7th, and 5th the last two legs with 6 teams.

F3 at this point maybe should be Art and JJ, Kentucky, and Davchel.

Border bitching at Army and Bopper is falling apart next week. I hope that is their usual editing and means they are safe.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Next week: Border patrol guy is still acting like a baby, and Mark gets ill? I hope not.
    Midol and Jaceegirl like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I am hoping that team Venessa and Border are out next. Both are nasty and in my book, nasty trumps whiny for going out. Still hoping for a Kentucky win...they are the only team that I actually like.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

CCL

^

The prize trip is always a trip for two. Which is fine if you're a couple or like vacationing with your partner. Otherwise I guess they have to decide amongst themselves who gets it.

I didn't mind Dave and Rachel not using uturn. Yeah, they made a plan to use it but at pinch time they decided not to. So what. Their actions didn't prevent Art and JJ from being able to use it. And they didn't use it on Art and JJ. And they're not racing with Art and JJ anyways; it's not like they need to make an alliance to keep from being voted out. I think JJ was mad mostly because he thought for a bit they were in first because BB hadn't been uturned and then when they got to the next clue box and counted the clues they realized that was not the case. And you know that he thinks he's the best racer there so...

Man, the speed bump dashed my hopes for a Feds takeover of Ralph and Vanessa. Boo.
    Next week, India again. Sigh.
    holly71, sweetpea and Moontat like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Gorgeous scenery during that first part. Hubby was out of the room then so when the show was over, I made him come back and watch it with me again. He oohed and ahhed, too.

Was sorry to see the Feds go. Now I only have Kentucky boys to root for.

I noticed something interesting about the Border Guards: it was JJ (the one in black) who spewed all the vitriol. Art seemed to want to shrug it off and just concentrate on finishing. At the bee stop, while JJ stood around ranting, Art simply brushed past him in his bee gear and said something like "Whatever." And when the two of them had an IM, Art stayed quiet while JJ ranted again. I wonder if Art wanted to tell his partner, "Shut up, already, will you? At least we're still in the race." Also, back at the very beginning while they came down the crater, I'm pretty sure it was JJ who said in a voiceover that they needed to focus on racing while Art admired the scenery.

Had mixed feelings about BB and Gym Rats overcoming their U-Turns. While I was glad to see they all took it fairly well (with only a minimum amount of tears from Rachel), I also wished that one of them would have gotten eliminated. With the Feds gone, I hope Kentucky wins, and I wouldn't mind if Military won since Rachel is a good sport. (I have to say, though, that Dave was much better on this leg. If only he would keep behaving himself...)
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I don't get why the Border Patrol had it in for the Teachers/Feds? I mean they wanted one of the U Turn's to be the Green Team and for the second U Turn to be against the Teachers/Feds. Why, the Feds were already 2 hours behind. They had a speed bump to do and to U Turn then seemed a bit much. It just makes JJ look really vindictive.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I loved how Phil was telling Dave how well Rachel was doing. (He's been giving her props on Twitter lately, too.) And I couldn't believe how ungracious Dave was at coming in second! I was so happy that Kentucky managed to come in first.

I thought it was great that Brendan was proactive about keeping Rachel calm with the double U-turn. (Well, he tried, anyway. She did well until the water jugs fell.)

And the beginning was beautiful. It was nice that they actually built "sight-seeing" into the trip.
    Moontat likes this.

A few points:

1. Art and JJ's rant about Rachel and Dave not using their one U-Turn on the BB team, I seriously thought "OK... Art, JJ, you DO know this is a race and as only one team wins this, and therefore just because they say they'll do it doesn't mean they will? That maybe they are thinking smart and realize that if they use it for someone else they're giving that team essentially TWO U-Turns?"

Never mind that their reactions to Rachel and Dave's decision - especially if they confront the team - can easily BACKFIRE On them because they have used their U-Turn and therefore if they irritate Rachel and Dave the Army team can U-Turn THEM instead of "Big Brother"?

It's a stupid move.

2. Loved the fact they had them go on safari to a location. They need to relax and see the scenery and details because this is for most of them (well all if they do finally decide to drop the all stars seasons) a once in a lifetime opportunity to do this, so they should enjoy it.

3. Bopper and Mark were a hoot and worked well through this leg of the race. I do not like the foreshadowing feel that we're getting with Bopper, but I hope that it's just me looking too much into it. (Though if that does happen I'm glad they got what they wished for).

4. Rachel and Brendon... well, they weren't as annoying as normal so that is a plus. I really felt that Rachel's crying today at least was within context - water jugs that big do weigh quite a bit and to have them fall can hurt you. Also was impressed that Rachel was starting to use proper grammar as well (Brendon and I for example), even if not constantly.

5. Loved how FBI worked hard to the end. Was sad they were eliminated, but them being able to catch up does not bode well for how far back Vanessa and Ralph are.

and

6. Vanessa and Ralph were very lucky they weren't eliminated. Too bad they weren't so far behind Rachel and Brendon that they'd had to wait even longer in line for water. I'd rather they be eliminated over team FBI. I'm also hoping out of that feud of V/R and B/R, that team Big Brother outlasts it.

Finally.... two non team comments

I love detours that challenge these guy's to help out others such as tonight's and learn new trades.

And speaking as someone who has been at a beekeeping school to cover the event - if any of them were allergic to bees the roadblock would NOT have occurred. You do not have to be near the hives to have bees come flying toward you. In fact, they would NOT let me get anywhere near our bees (which BTW, aren't African bees therefore less hostile - though even here African are less hostile than Killer bees), without me putting on FULL gear.
    Moontat likes this.

+ Reply to Thread