+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: 4/8 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/8 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I saw the teaser and was hoping that Bopper and Mark hadn't gotten on Art and JJ's bad side. Above someone mentioned it was the Army husband. I sure hope so.

Also I agree with those who say the show is no longer about the competitions but about drama. This week in particular my daughter said "they are already going to the pit stop?"

I hope I would be in good enough shape to jump for 1 minute because that looked like the challenge to do.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    That was the most gorgeous scenery! Just an amazing episode to watch. I'm sorry, but I'm with those who aren't so down on any of the teams - whether it's BP, BB or Army. I give a LOT of leeway to the edit (as mentioned by Fanny Mare) and even without, well, I was cracking up over most of the snottiness, when I finally watched tonight.

The "teachers" are really great people, so I'm fine with them but I still don't see the big deal about concealing their profession. I also think it's funny that Art & JJ pegged them for cops. I think there's a lot we didn't see that led to that but it wasn't just the "UC" reference, they said something about casework, I think? And there must have been more. I admit I did not like how the show highlighted Jamie's training accident. Scenarios can get intense but, really, a "gun going off" during training means a finger was on a trigger when it shouldn't have been. Glad she recovered and all but just had a coworker get some pretty heavy repercussions for a vaguely similar thing. /soapbox

I don't know that BP were being insincere at the mat with Phil or not - I hope that it was a reflection of not further stirring the pot, seeing how bad it got? I'd have had trouble with that bike, too, and glad to see V. get the target before Ralph. Btw: Who on earth would think throwing something at a target would be easier than hopping for a minute?! Love Bopper and Mark and was laughing at Bopper scooping up the candy and the exhuberant: "White men CAN jump!" Really, really would like to see them win.

As for the previews...I was wondering if the BP statement could have been about Bopper and Mark? Although I don't recall them saying they were in an alliance. But very curious to see what that is about. I love this season!

Great points! I cringed when Jaimie talked about her accident. The femur is your thigh bone, so not only was her finger on the gun with the safety off (perhaps excusable if it was a scenario), but the gun was pointed down towards her thigh! Oh my goodness, your femoral artery is in your thigh, so it's a wonder that she didn't literally kill herself. As it is, I can see why she might have been laid up for a while. Frankly, I'm surprised they let her keep her job, but maybe they chalked it up to inexperience.

And yes, when Phil explained the two challenges for the Detour, my first thought was, "Why would anybody do the throwing one?" I mean, unless you're seriously out of shape, jumping for a minute should be fairly easy. I mean, Bopper and Mark did it and we saw how Bopper has trouble with physical challenges at the castle! And it wasn't like the racers did it in a vacuum; they had the Masai people helping them by distracting the racers with their own jumping and chanting. I secretly think that some of the men knew the jumping was way too easy, and just wanted to show off by demonstrating once again how macho they were with their "superior" abilities. Whatever.

And finally, I'm also short, so I would also have had trouble with those bikes. Good on Vanessa for beating Ralph at the throwing after he berated her on the bikes!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

For all who have opined that the jumping for a minute would be easier, just a reminder. This was at 8,000 feet altitude. I have lung issues (living in a home with 5 smokers as a child has caused massive second-hand smoke damage), and would not have been able to do that jumping at that altitude. I can literally barely walk if I'm above 6-7,000 feet. I would have probably gone for the targets.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Considering that Art, JJ, Ralph, and Dave are almost certainly in much better physical condition than Bopper, I'll always believe that they had an ulterior motive for not doing a task that for them would have been a piece of cake.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Here's a video from the CBS site where JJ (Border Patrol) is telling Bobber that who they should align themselves with. It's not pretty.
    The Amazing Race Video - JJ Gives An Ultimatum - CBS.com
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Vanessa is really immature and nasty but I can't say she makes Rachel look good in comparison.
    I guess that was a bad way to put it. Rachel is definitely not making herself look good on the Amazing Race. I meant to say that I actually felt sorry for Rachel because Vanessa was being so mean to her. After all the times I've seen Rachel bitch out on people in Big Brother, I never thought I would feel sympathy for her!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Considering that Art, JJ, Ralph, and Dave are almost certainly in much better physical condition than Bopper, I'll always believe that they had an ulterior motive for not doing a task that for them would have been a piece of cake.
    Anywhere else to watch it? Can't see it from Canada...

I had heard mention of this video too, on another blog. They said something about how JJ said it was either the Kindergarten Cops/BB or Ralphessa/Army/BP...that they couldn't be friendly with both groups? Not sure if that's the case or not...

*If* it is, again, that is so middle school. I wish these people would grow up.

After the confrontation, both Mark and Bopper were upset. Bopper, "Two things you don't do to country...you don't kick his dog and you don't threaten him." Mark agreed that they both felt that JJ threatened them.

And yes, he said you don't talk to the two teams you are friendly with (the "teachers" and BB). That they had to stick with them or there would be consequences at the U-Turn. It was difficult to make out all the words because of the crowd noise in the airport. This happened around the same time that Brendon apologized to Ralph as seen on another video.
    sweetpea, Allie and Midol like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Apparently, Kentucky/Brenchel/Federal Agents are supposedly in one alliance and the other three teams are in the other so-called alliance, I believe.
    Seriously CBS can't you allow Canadians to watch your videos too?
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    After the confrontation, both Mark and Bopper were upset. Bopper, "Two things you don't do to country...you don't kick his dog and you don't threaten him." Mark agreed that they both felt that JJ threatened them.

And yes, he said you don't talk to the two teams you are friendly with (the "teachers" and BB). That they had to stick with them or there would be consequences at the U-Turn. It was difficult to make out all the words because of the crowd noise in the airport. This happened around the same time that Brendon apologized to Ralph as seen on another video.
    How are you not supposed to talk to people that you spent time at Pit Stops with, are together in airports, in line waiting, etc... That is just stupid. Just because you are friendly with someone does not mean you will not U Turn them. JJ is the worse kind of bully, he is an adult and he is in law enforcement. Bet you he does not give the Country Boys the money he said he would.
    sweetpea and Midol like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread