+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: 4/8 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/8 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    These stupid shows and their producers need to realize that most of us don't need controversy to want to watch. If anything it repels us.
    Amen! I work in a job where I have enough drama as it is (I've often compared some of my co-workers to reality show contestants--and not in a good way.) Lord knows I don't want to see it on my television unless it's fictional. That's why I'm seriously debating watching the rest of this season.

Midol, couldn't agree with you more. I've actually stopped watching some shows like Hell's Kitchen because it became clear that it was all about the drama and not finding a valid winner--i.e. somebody talented enough to do the job. I feel sorry for the decent contestants on these shows, the ones who hate the drama and just want to keep their heads down and do well and win. That must be like a nightmare, trapped with people who are so self-absorbed that they make others miserable. At least on AR, the contestants aren't controlled by a puppet-master who decides who stays and who goes. At least everybody has a pretty good shot of winning (unless they do something nasty like collaborate). That's one of the only reasons I still watch AR.
    Midol and Jaceegirl like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    These stupid shows and their producers need to realize that most of us don't need controversy to want to watch. If anything it repels us.
    I didn't ever think AR needed any .It was one of the reasons I love the show. It's a slippery slope, once they start this BS they will have to go further each season with it.

They need to be respectful of each other, the other teams, and the cultures they encounter; they should appreciate the opportunities they are getting and the places they are seeing; they have to try their hardest on every leg; and they shouldn't whine their way through tasks.
    I do agree with you. When you are in a race, against time and others, I don't know if you can be all those things. I don't mind if they don't stop to look around, even when they didn't, we got to see more of the scenery than they did. Its all about cars and advertising,so they have to throw in the bullies and the mouthpieces to make up for what's lacking
    jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    I agree, I don't mind the stunt casting if it's not a drama filled couple, and for the most part, it seems like teams on past seasons don't really mind it either, UNLESS the stunt casting results in teams that are anti social. For instance, comparing Rob and Amber to Team BB this season- I think the reason why Rob and Amber didn't get the vitriol is because despite all his scheming, Rob is extremely personable and Amber can't be called anything but a sweetheart. Of course, when those two first did the Race, there wasn't anything like the UTurns so there was less a chance of scheming, but both of them clearly understood the benefits (both in terms of sharing info on the Race and just for mental health) in interacting with other teams.

Rachel and Brendan...now where to start. Not saying that Vanessa is at ALL in the right (in fact, I think she is a hideous witch herself) but she and Rachel must have had SOME kind of tiff, maybe during a pitstop when the cameras were off. I can't see the point of their feud unless something happened that was not filmed. Between the snarking back and forth, the whining/crying Rachel seems to do at every task, and perhaps not being as friendly as she could be, and with Brendan being so aloof and super competitive, I can understand why teams wouldn't want to be around the two. The fact that she's already won BB....well I probably wouldn't like her being on the Race either, not with their attitudes.

And again, to compare- Jeff and Jordan, a previous BB team that also had Jordan winning BB. Again, nobody on their season seemed to mind them being there, probably because while Jeff could be super competitive, he never really let it develop into viciousness, either towards Jordan or another team. And she always tried her best, even when it was clear she was exhausted and struggling, and the two were friendly towards other teams.

Finally, for the other Survivor couple-Jenna and Ethan didn't last long on their season, but they seemed to attract heat first for trying to hide who they were (like there wouldn't be at least one person on the Race who watched Survivor) and then bickering constantly. Who knows how teams would have acted toward them if they had lasted longer, but Jenna is not exactly the most loveable person even if Ethan is a sweetheart. I tend to believe that with her attitude, and their bickering that was shown in just a few episodes, they might have been viewed more like Rachel and Brendan that Jeff/Jordan or Rob/Amber.

For me, like I said, I don't mind the stunt casting, as long as the teams fall into the general criteria I have for judging ANY of my favorite teams from any season: They can't be constantly at each others' throats (I understand some fighting, that's to be understood when there's so much stress and so little sleep, but there are ways to fight fair, figure out a solution, and move on) they need to be respectful of each other, the other teams, and the cultures they encounter; they should appreciate the opportunities they are getting and the places they are seeing; they have to try their hardest on every leg; and they shouldn't whine their way through tasks.
    Even though I donít normally like to see couples from other shows crossing over because I think there are plenty of people who would love the opportunity to see these amazing countries and win a million dollars to boot my exception is Rob and Amber. I loved both of them. They have a beautiful life together because they not only love each other, but respect each other. Robís personality just draws people to like him. During their race they were able to get the other teams to not automatically dislike them. They were also able to get people from the countries they were visiting to help them as well. I know Mark and Bopper are not a couple, but I see those same qualities in them. Those types of teams are the ones that I hope end up winning. Unfortunately, the ones I like donít always end up being the winning team. I agree with you that I still think something happened that we were not shown to make BB not liked by certain teams and just not because they came from another show. I agree I would like to see less drama and whine-free racing the rest of the way.
    cantstopwatchin and mesachick like this.

I keep thinking of Colton( survivor Colton) and how karma paid him back. I think if you put *nasty* out there, it does come to bite you in the butt. So, that said I think someone we like will win AR, and the others, that we are not fond of, will enjoy karma, just like Colton.
    sweetpea, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011