+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 3/25 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/25 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm confused... Are Cindy and Ernie being referred to as Ken and Barbie??

N0 - I think Ken and Barbie are Rachel and Brendon.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I thought the nicknames K&B were for Jeremy and Sandy. Its not from this season.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, you're right! Last season featured the nick name Ken and Barbie for Jeremy and Sandy...at least I remembered who Ernie and Cindy were. LOL
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

CCL

I had to think who Cindy and Ernie were. And I read People but I don't recall a spread on them and their wedding.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I had to think who Cindy and Ernie were. And I read People but I don't recall a spread on them and their wedding.
    First of all, let me apologize. I had forgotten that there was a couple last season nicknamed Ken and Barbie, so I'm sorry about the confusion. Rachel's ridiculous outfits (like the green headband) reminded me of my old Barbie dolls, so that's why I gave her that nickname. And since Brendon evidently made a big deal on BB about how he had a chemistry degree, then I nicknamed him Chemistry Ken. Hope that helps.

As for Ernie and Cindy, they were another annoying couple from last season. I didn't watch the finale because I had a feeling they would win. I had forgotten all about them until I was reading a blog entry about last week's leg of AR, and the blogger mentioned these two. We're not supposed to quote from blogs here, but if anybody wants to, just shoot me a PM and I'll get you the link. It looks like the wedding was featured on People.com, and the blog entry includes a link to the article.

Updated to add:

I just finished reading this week's entry on that blog, and I LOL at a couple of places. First, the writer admitted she had never heard of Azerbaijahn before, and admired Mark & Bopper for being honest enough to admit it, too. Then she said that despite their confidence, most of the contestants probably had no clue where they going, either.

And then the writer pointed out something that I had thought, too. Why is that when a racer is deathly afraid of something, they end up doing a challenge that involves that thing? Since Vanessa is afraid of water and enclosed spaces, what the heck was she doing in that simulator??? The writer added that hopefully, there will be a future challenge involving putting on make-up and Ralph will have to do that one.
    Last edited by Babbred; 03-29-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

The thing is, the clues are phrased so that is not clear what they will be doing. And they can't see what they will be doing and the location doesn't help when deciding who does it. Who would think that, being at an airfield, and with a clue saying something like " What goes up must come down" that you would end up submerged in water? My first thought was that they were going to jump out of planes (though they've already done that this year).
    I didn't know exactly where Azerbaijan was but I'd heard of it and knew roughly (knew it was not in Africa, at least). Still, better than the contestant on 5th Grader that was stumped as to who is the US's northern neighbor (saw that this week).

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I didn't know exactly where Azerbaijan was but I'd heard of it and knew roughly (knew it was not in Africa, at least). Still, better than the contestant on 5th Grader that was stumped as to who is the US's northern neighbor (saw that this week).
    I had also heard of this country, but if you had asked me to find it on a map I would probably have said .

Did some kid really not know that Canada is on top of the US? Or do you mean an adult? Either way, I'm speechless.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

It was an adult. She had to ask the kid for help.

Hmm.... Never thought of BB Rachael as having Barbiish qualities. Someone like Gretchen on RHOC makes me think of a barbie doll. Rachael reminds me more of Midge..... those of you who remember Midge will know what I mean. Did Ken have a doll friend? I don't remember one.

+ Reply to Thread