+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 3/25 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/25 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I know that Rachel from BB has her fans, and that Vanessa has a biotchy side to her, but I am betting that there is something that we haven't seen that would fully explain why these two keep going after one another. I think that they are both equally at fault here. But, with that said, I would SICK if Rachel and Brendan were to win the million dollars. I don't like it when people who have won money on other reality shows come onto the Amazing Race and compete. Those two had two shots at winning the money on BB, and Rachel finally won the $500,000. I would much rather see someone else win. It is always nice to see someone win who needs the money or someone who intends to use their winnings for a good cause and not for selfish reasons.

It appeared that Rachel asking Vanessa if she was 38 years old was her attempt to insinuate that Vanessa was acting immature, which is so funny on all levels, because Rachel definitely is NOT a mature person herself. And what is up with the glitter on practically every piece of clothing that Rachel wears? As far as I am concerned, both of those couples can just get off of my tv screen. I don't really dislike any of the rest of the teams but would like to see someone win the money who is really deserving of it.
    I agree with everything you said. Brenchel ruined BB for me because even though she may have improved somewhat after Brendon left she could never make up for what I endured with the two of them their first season or the 2nd time they were on. I have made the same observation as you regarding there has to be a lot more going on here between Rachel and Vanessa that has not been shown. I also have noticed that Brenchel don't seem to be huge pals with any of the teams. The thing that made this week bearable was the two of them were quiet this week. I still don't understand why Brendon is not in school. During BB he made such a huge deal about the importance of him getting back to school so he could cure cancer I am not understanding why he has left yet again. I would like to see anyone, but these two win the whole thing. I know not everyone agrees with me, but JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    The thing that made this week bearable was the two of them were quiet this week.
    Amen. And I don't like Vanessa either, but as an older (cough, cough, ahem) woman, I have to say that that preview looked hilarious. The older b**ch putting the younger b**ch in her place. The look on Rachel's face during the exchange was priceless and made me .

I would like to see anyone, but these two win the whole thing. I know not everyone agrees with me, but JMO.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree with the above posters. Yes, this is a new show and everybody is equal on the challenges. However, they are not equal in terms of money. Rachel has $500,000 that Bopper doesn't have, and to spend on what? Her wedding that will probably last as long as Kim Kardashian's? (Cindy and Ernine got a big spread in People with their AR-themed wedding; don't telling me Ken and Barbie aren't gunning for the same thing.) I'm sorry, but as somebody who was poor as dirt when she got married and still managed to have a decent wedding, I'm really sick of these Bridezillas who think they need the GDP of a small country to throw their own. You will never convince me that winning money for your honeymoon is just fair as winning money for your child's medical expenses.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Ralphessa and Brenchel are my two picks to not win the most. Not because I hate Brenchel but because I just don't want them to be the first crossover team to win. Plus Rachel undeservingly won BB anyway.

Davchel have a couple new cars now, though, and they aren't too likeable either.

Feds may be boring, but at least they're not unlikeable.

B-Patrol do come off as arrogant but they are possibly my favs right now. Kentucky's good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Amen. And I don't like Vanessa either, but as an older (cough, cough, ahem) woman, I have to say that that preview looked hilarious. The older b**ch putting the younger b**ch in her place. The look on Rachel's face during the exchange was priceless and made me .

We'll just have to agree to disagree with the above posters. Yes, this is a new show and everybody is equal on the challenges. However, they are not equal in terms of money. Rachel has $500,000 that Bopper doesn't have, and to spend on what? Her wedding that will probably last as long as Kim Kardashian's? (Cindy and Ernine got a big spread in People with their AR-themed wedding; don't telling me Ken and Barbie aren't gunning for the same thing.) I'm sorry, but as somebody who was poor as dirt when she got married and still managed to have a decent wedding, I'm really sick of these Bridezillas who think they need the GDP of a small country to throw their own. You will never convince me that winning money for your honeymoon is just fair as winning money for your child's medical expenses.
    Babbred you are so funny and wow I am learning things I was not aware of since joining this site. I did not know that Cindy and Ernie received a spread in People magazine with a AR-themed wedding. I would bet my boots that Ken and Barbie (love that btw) are certainly after the same thing. I am sure they are hoping that CBS in one way or another will pay for it. I was just like you - poor as dirt and have always paid my way to get whatever I managed to get by hard work. These two are full time reality tv people looking for the easy way out. I happen to watch the soap Bold and the Beautiful and guess who shows up now and then to further ruin my television viewing - you guessed it, Ken and Barbie. I do not know what CBS sees in these two and at this point I would rather have them write the two of them a check so I don't have to see them again. What's next Survivor? I can see it now. I further agree that I will never be convinced that winning money for a honeymoon is even remotely in the same category as winning money for your child's medical expenses. I definitely am on the same page as you.
    Longhornfan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Babbred you are so funny and wow I am learning things I was not aware of since joining this site. I did not know that Cindy and Ernie received a spread in People magazine with a AR-themed wedding. I would bet my boots that Ken and Barbie (love that btw) are certainly after the same thing. I am sure they are hoping that CBS in one way or another will pay for it. I was just like you - poor as dirt and have always paid my way to get whatever I managed to get by hard work. These two are full time reality tv people looking for the easy way out. I happen to watch the soap Bold and the Beautiful and guess who shows up now and then to further ruin my television viewing - you guessed it, Ken and Barbie. I do not know what CBS sees in these two and at this point I would rather have them write the two of them a check so I don't have to see them again. What's next Survivor? I can see it now. I further agree that I will never be convinced that winning money for a honeymoon is even remotely in the same category as winning money for your child's medical expenses. I definitely am on the same page as you.
    I read about it in a blog. To be fair, it seems that they did it simply because their guests would get a kick out of it, not because they wanted any publicity. It actually sounded kind of cute from the description; for example, the cake topper was a mini model of them with their AR backpacks, the place markers on the tables were designed like passports, etc. As to why People decided to cover it, I think the blogger put it best. "It must have been a slow news day." OTOH, since Ken and Barbie are now on their third reality show, I wouldn't put it past them at all to also be chasing after tabloid fame.

And I forgot to mention this originally. What was up with that ridiculous green sparkly headband that Rachel wore? I kept thinking "That must be the offspring of my 80's Warm-Up Barbie and the Lucky Charms guy." Now that I've seen the episode again, I would add, "Alien life form from the original Star Trek."

I loved that fire temple. Watching the racers join in and dance was perhaps my favorite scene on AR. The temple itself also looked cool, so I looked it up. (Yes, I admit it. I have way too much time on my hands. ) It seems that the temple sits upon a natural gas field, so in days of old fires would erupt spontaneously through holes that the priests dug. (Probably the holes we saw in the show.) Now the gas field is dried up so the gas is piped in to make fires for the tourists. However, the article I read said that Azerbaijan is so saturated with oil and gas, that fires would burst out spontaneously through the earth and so the area became known as "Land of the Everlasting or Sacred Fire". It's been mentioned by many travelers over the centuries, including Alexandre Dumas, the guy who wrote The Three Musketeers. To quote from the article, "Today some such fires still burn. Most notable is Yanar Dagh near Mammedli, where a small hillside is constantly and naturally aflame."

See? Who says TV rots your brains?
    Last edited by Babbred; 03-28-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Don't worry, Babbred, I look stuff up too. I confess I looked up the castles from last week.

Okay, I am having a blonde moment here. Who, may I ask, are Cindy and Ernie? I am clueless.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Last season's winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Okay, I am having a blonde moment here. Who, may I ask, are Cindy and Ernie? I am clueless.
    Me too! thanks JohnnyK
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

What are the chances AR does a "fan favourite" and pays Bopper's expenses even if they don't win?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread