+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 3/25 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

CCL

Re: 3/25 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Maybe they told Vanessa to cut out the cursing and that's what she came up with. I was surprised when the preview showed how she was 38. She looks younger and she certainly acts younger (and the latter not in a good way).

Art and JJ will take second place when a fast forward was in play? Yet they didn't qualify their own fast forward win when they kept crowing about coming in first three times in a row.

I was sure it would be an NEL. Jersey were not one of my favorites but I did like them this episode.
    Babbred likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I admit, I had to laugh (and rather loudly) when they showed the clip from next week of Vanessa telling Rachel that she should have done her nose before her boobs. heh. Fist time I agreed with her all season.
    AZChristian, Babbred and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Few notes and points from this episode:

1. I'm impressed with Rachel of Rachel and Dave. She seriously - in spite of the complaining - is why that team won the fast forward. Those bales are easily between 30 and 50 pounds and to have to deal with 150 of them to complete the stack is even more impressive. Dave still has some major issues in handling things (which I partially blame due to his military experience - I have a realtive in the military so I see similarities - but not all of it), but he did at least realize his wife is the reason why they won that stacking challenge.

2. I liked all three challenges this go. They were challenging and lead to quite a few good cases of culture shock.

3. Out of the detour though - the oil challenge was better. You had to essentially squeege someone and hose them down. It takes a bit of time, but it's guaranteed a few minutes. The apples in the car you'd have to be really lucky or a fast boxer... otherwise it will take hours. That's why the Jersey guys were almost able to catch Vanessa and Ralph.

4. The apple challenge - when you read "Specially marked apple" - you should know to look for a red and yellow stripe on the apple. Therefore... you DON'T go for the cars with RED apples, because you will have an easier time seeing both colors with a green apple.

5. I really feel for Mark - he is doing well in the challenges, but man he just can't handle being carsick. I wish they'd force the camera man to be in the back and film the guys with Mark in the front and Bopper in the back - but I guess they're just of the mindset it's a. easier to film and b. they don't want to claim that a team gets special treatment.

6. I like Bopper, but he better be glad they knew that not all the teams were at the roadblock because they all caught up at the festival. He helped a contestant up into the rescue boat, and in a close race, that choice could force him out of the race. I'm not upset he did it because he was a gentleman, but you do have to use your head a bit in a race.

7. I loved the dancing at the palace/fort/whatnot. Nice to show culture in another country again.

8. Was NOT surprised Bopper and Mark had trouble with Azerbjian; however WAS surprised that Art and JJ after saying it right at the start of the leg, KEPT saying it wrong and different ways later on.

9. Rachel and Brendon were NOT that annoying this week - and it was worth it to see Rachel's look on her face when they were seeing the guy dip his body in crude oil and she would have to help clean him up.

10. The oil bit... while interesting it is heartbreaking because crude oil doesn't have healing properties. There are some elements that are not healthy for a human long term.

All in all a good episode. I will miss team Jersey - they grew on me, and hope that Vanessa and Ralph are eliminated before Brendon and Rachel. I'm honestly rooting for all the teams currently (based on gameplay) over Vanessa and Ralph.
    Moontat likes this.

FORT Fogey

This show has way too much product placement. It's a lot worse than it was in previous seasons. I was only able to tolerate watching it for a few minutes.

The elimination might have been karma for the "beat by a girl" comment! That girl kicked butt out there - deal with it, boys.
    Midol likes this.

When they showed Jersey at the start of the race saying that they were one of the strongest teams and they are due for a first place finish...I knew they were gone. TAR has done this for so many seasons now and it drives me nuts- some episodes you can almost be certain of which team is going to come in last just by what they say at the start of the leg. I'm sure all teams are interviewed and say they need to come in first, but it seems they only show the interview of the one who ends up getting Philiminated.

The next show should be pretty interesting. The previews made it look good. I loved the look on Rachel's face when she heard the plastic surgery comment. That and the I'm 38, yet I still manage to look younger than you. Vanessa doesn't take any crap that's for sure. Glad that Bopper and Mark are still running the race. I don't see them winning, but they could actually make it to the final three.
    Babbred and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

This episode was just okay for me. It all seemed very rushed .I wasn't attached to Joey fitness & Mark, so I didnt care they were last. I was happy with Rachel and her hubby though.Girl power!!

I see Vanessa gets into it with Rachel from BB in two weeks time, here we go again.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I know that Rachel from BB has her fans, and that Vanessa has a biotchy side to her, but I am betting that there is something that we haven't seen that would fully explain why these two keep going after one another. I think that they are both equally at fault here. But, with that said, I would SICK if Rachel and Brendan were to win the million dollars. I don't like it when people who have won money on other reality shows come onto the Amazing Race and compete. Those two had two shots at winning the money on BB, and Rachel finally won the $500,000. I would much rather see someone else win. It is always nice to see someone win who needs the money or someone who intends to use their winnings for a good cause and not for selfish reasons.

It appeared that Rachel asking Vanessa if she was 38 years old was her attempt to insinuate that Vanessa was acting immature, which is so funny on all levels, because Rachel definitely is NOT a mature person herself. And what is up with the glitter on practically every piece of clothing that Rachel wears? As far as I am concerned, both of those couples can just get off of my tv screen. I don't really dislike any of the rest of the teams but would like to see someone win the money who is really deserving of it.
    FireWoman, Babbred and Jaceegirl like this.

I know that Rachel from BB has her fans, and that Vanessa has a biotchy side to her, but I am betting that there is something that we haven't seen that would fully explain why these two keep going after one another
    I agree, its another case( for me) what haven't we seen. Obviously they didnt just start into one another without reason.I dont like either couple for the win.I am not a fan of Rachel, thank goodness we didnt see much of her/them this week
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread