+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 3/18 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 3/18 TAR 20 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Anybody remember Kevin and Drew? They were like a combination of the two, except their bickering was more humorous than anything.

FORT Fogey

And now Bopper is trying to out-cackle the witch at the cauldron. As much as they need the money, they just are determined to enjoy themselves, no matter what the task.

Meanwhile, Rachel is freaking out over putting the roof on a gingerbread house, which is a comparatively easy task.

Hiking up that huge hill at altitude is a mistake.

Mark, on the witch: "I kept telling her how pretty she was and she was uglier than a mud rail fence."
    Jaceegirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

The Jersey boys think Cinderella is the one who let her hair down. No, that would be Rapunzel (or Rampion, depending on the variant)

And now Rachel is crying...again. The witch probably passed them just so she'd shut up.

If they know they're looking for Ludwig's bedroom, why don't they ask locals about Ludwig's castle instead of Sleeping Beauty's castle?
    Jaceegirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

I really like how concerned Mark was for Bopper when he started having trouble getting to the top of that castle. Their whole attitude is just impressive--even when Team Mississippi finished ahead of them at the gingerbread house task, they just said, "Well, good for them."
    sparklete and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    And now Bopper is trying to out-cackle the witch at the cauldron. As much as they need the money, they just are determined to enjoy themselves, no matter what the task.

Meanwhile, Rachel is freaking out over putting the roof on a gingerbread house, which is a comparatively easy task.

Hiking up that huge hill at altitude is a mistake.

Mark, on the witch: "I kept telling her how pretty she was and she was uglier than a mud rail fence."
    I loved Bopper trying to outcackle the witch as well as how much he enjoyed later on giving her a kiss on the cheek after getting the clue (she even had fun with that).

Mark and Bopper were just fun to watch, and you had to feel for Bopper trying to get up that castle. It isn't an easy climb from the looks of it, and yet they did it as fast as they could. The reason they were sixth after nearly being eliminated was they didn't give up and they stayed as cool as they could be.

It's also why they were able to outshoot the FBI agents in the gnome sliding contest.

As far as the others, Brenchel is still very annoying, especially when Rachel instead of using her frustration to her advantage breaks down (I mean come on - a gingerbread house?), Joey and his colleague were actually not that annoying (I might actually warm up to said team), Art and JJ need to be very careful about their attitudes because while I know part of it is due to their work, it's telling when Phil mentions three first places in a row and then say jokingly "you guys want to step down and let others win." That's usually his way of saying tone it down just a bit guys - it's one thing to be excited, another to be cocky.

Finally - best reaction of the night was Phil's reaction to Brendon not watching where he was stepping in a cow barn then falling and sliding into the mat.
    Photobabe, Babbred and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Why did no other teams take the carriage ride up to the castle? Bopper and Mark are dying.
    Carriage costs money (note, Phil didn't say they had to take the carriage to the castle), and many probably didn't have the money.

Oberamegau? Home of the Passion Play and they're making gingerbread houses? There's pretty impressive skiing in the area too. I wonder why they went with gingerbread houses and the whole fairy tale theme.
    Can you imagine anyone in this group being involved with the Passion Play? ;-) Anyway, it's only performed every 10 years, and the next one isn't due until 2020. When I visited the area in 1987, we weren't allowed to go near the area, although we did go by it.

I liked how they combined Hansel and Gretel with Little Red Riding Hood (well, kinda), which reflected on the houses. My son and husband got a kick out of hearing about my trip there (which was many years before they came along).

Neuschwanstein Castle was one of the few places that TAR has gone where I would have had an advantage. I took the carriage up when I visited, but walked down. Personally, I was really surprised that the Germans were readily able to identify it as "Sleeping Beauty's castle" (and that they did).
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I couldn't help see the resemblance when Rachel hugged the witch she started to get all pissy when they were doing the gingerbread house

Beautiful castles, just beautiful

Glad my team are still in it

best reaction of the night was Phil's reaction to Brendon not watching where he was stepping in a cow barn then falling and sliding into the mat
    Best part of the night.LOL
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Poor Phil standing out there in the snowstorm. They don't go places where it's snowing all that often.

Oberamegau? Home of the Passion Play and they're making gingerbread houses? There's pretty impressive skiing in the area too. I wonder why they went with gingerbread houses and the whole fairy tale theme.
    The Passion Play is pretty controversial these days due to the overt anti-Semitism the Jews killed Jesus stuff. Safer to focus on Disneyland as it were.

I bet most local Germans could even identify it as the Disneyland castle these days thanks to all the visiting Americans. It is very pretty even if the builder was a nut.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I loved Bopper trying to outcackle the witch as well as how much he enjoyed later on giving her a kiss on the cheek after getting the clue (she even had fun with that).

Mark and Bopper were just fun to watch, and you had to feel for Bopper trying to get up that castle. It isn't an easy climb from the looks of it, and yet they did it as fast as they could. The reason they were sixth after nearly being eliminated was they didn't give up and they stayed as cool as they could be.

It's also why they were able to outshoot the FBI agents in the gnome sliding contest.

As far as the others, Brenchel is still very annoying, especially when Rachel instead of using her frustration to her advantage breaks down (I mean come on - a gingerbread house?), Joey and his colleague were actually not that annoying (I might actually warm up to said team), Art and JJ need to be very careful about their attitudes because while I know part of it is due to their work, it's telling when Phil mentions three first places in a row and then say jokingly "you guys want to step down and let others win." That's usually his way of saying tone it down just a bit guys - it's one thing to be excited, another to be cocky.

Finally - best reaction of the night was Phil's reaction to Brendon not watching where he was stepping in a cow barn then falling and sliding into the mat.
    Actually, jumped onto mat with both feet and immediately slipped on to buttocks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread