+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

CCL

Re: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

That's what I was thinking too. I distinctly remember Rob quitting the meat challenge and then convincing other teams to do the same, which led to his team being safe (as the other teams' penalties meant they were later than Rob and Amber). I don't even like Rob but I thought that was a masterful move on his part, and definitely memorable.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Is it wrong to want both Vanessa and Rachel (and their men) gone from the show asap?

I am missing couples from season's past...Uchenna and Joyce, Danny and Oswald, Chip and Kim, Kris and Jon - people I really rooted for during the race.
    This season is filled mostly with people I'm wanting to get Philimenated.
    This is the first season of TAR that I haven't liked ANY of the contestants. They are all annoying, and I am not really motivated to watch as in past seasons. Someone really slipped up on the vetting of contestants this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ladygreco View Post
    This is the first season of TAR that I haven't liked ANY of the contestants. They are all annoying, and I am not really motivated to watch as in past seasons. Someone really slipped up on the vetting of contestants this time.

I dont know if its the contestants, or the show itself, it hasn't been as much fun as it once was( jmho) something is lacking.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    That's what I was thinking too. I distinctly remember Rob quitting the meat challenge and then convincing other teams to do the same, which led to his team being safe (as the other teams' penalties meant they were later than Rob and Amber). I don't even like Rob but I thought that was a masterful move on his part, and definitely memorable.
    I think Phil meant first team not to complete any challenge and stay in the race, because they used the Express Pass during the Detour and couldn't complete the Roadblock properly.

And ugh at the Rob bit. Didn't like Romber in TAR7 but did a bit more during TAR11, but maybe because Eric and Danielle were there. And I'd like to add that imo TAR11 had one of the worst F3's ever, as well as one of the most heartbreaking 4th place finish.

CCL

Good thinking JohnnyK.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Regular

Belated question about the bus breakdown: Teams on that bus were delayed by four hours, if I recall. In a circumstance like that, are teams required to wait for their original bus to be fixed? Or could they stand by the road and flag down another bus going to the same place (at least one, maybe two passed by)? Or take a cab, if they had the money? Or hitchhike? Or are they just stuck? If only one team had been on the bus, they would have been eliminated through no fault of their own. Seems a tad unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    Belated question about the bus breakdown: Teams on that bus were delayed by four hours, if I recall. In a circumstance like that, are teams required to wait for their original bus to be fixed? Or could they stand by the road and flag down another bus going to the same place (at least one, maybe two passed by)? Or take a cab, if they had the money? Or hitchhike? Or are they just stuck? If only one team had been on the bus, they would have been eliminated through no fault of their own. Seems a tad unfair.
    I know that hitchhiking would definitely be out. One of the rules of the games is that unless otherwise specified they always have to use official forms of transit (i.e. bus, taxi, subway.) They have to consider the safety of both the film crew and the team. All the forms of transit also have to have enough room to safely accomodate both the team and the film crew. Every time you see them request 2 tickets on so and so flight they are actually requesting 4 tickets and re-filiming it requesting two tickets.

As for the bus breaking down, my bet is that a taxi wouldn't stop in the middle of nowhere to pick people up and the cost to take a taxi that distance vs. the bus would also make it prohibitive. Whether they could flag down another bus, that would probably depend on the bus company rules, whether they are allowed to stop for other bus breakdowns, breakdowns of the same bus line, etc.

As for the unfair factor, they have to deal with the same issues when a taxi or airplane breaks down. Nothing different in this situation. They do have a contingency for when a provided vehicle breaks-down. In those cases if the break-down is due to no fault of the team itself they are provided with another vehicle of the same type (but it does take time to get the new vehicle to them.)
    Last edited by marauder; 03-07-2012 at 03:14 PM.

They have to use the mode of transporation indicated on their clue or they will get a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    They have to use the mode of transporation indicated on their clue or they will get a penalty.
    If a team uses the wrong mode of travel they have to go back to the point where they started that mode of travel and then do it correctly if they have the time. Depending on the circumstances Phil just may tell them that they have a time penalty and wait it out next to the mat to see if they have made the cut.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567