+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Nice to see an alpha male team depart this early in the game. I wonder if this is record for earliest departure for an alpha male team?
    They may have the record for the earliest departure for alpha male group - they are tied to my knowledge as far as a male/male team because Mike and Mel left third stop in all-stars 2.

As far as this episode, I agree with you on the last two teams not giving up.

I also think the Express Pass was used at the wrong time. Stringing a harp isn't super duper hard (if you know how to thread a needle you should be able to restring a harp), and the watermelons were time consuming but given the bottom row was given a high border, all you had to do was carefully line the mellons where four met at an intersection. This was a clear case where the adrenaline of the race caused them to not think smart. It also cost them the 2 hour penalty for not completing the road block smashing those bottles, and knocked them from 1st to 6th - as Paul clearly said making it a first that a (at least single team) penalized team wasn't eliminated. (I say single because technically that eating task Rob and Amber failed to complete they survived - but only because he was able to get others to agree to not eat in the challenge, saving them).

And I mean really - you'd have to be rushing that challenge too much to break EVERY SINGLE BOTTLE ON a table. They had to have had at least 20-30. None of the others were assessed the penalty, even the last two teams and you know they were in a head-to-head to stave off elimination.

Watch them now go to either a desert area, China mud area or Norway and have to go dig or roll out haybales for a race clue needle in the pile or mud/hay/sand. That honestly is the only time I can see - save possibly a skydiving, bungee or food eating challenge - to use an express pass.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I can't stand the Border Patrol guys, and the one wearing the bandana is all kinds of arrogant. I am assuming though that the "we're the best" editing is hopefully setting them up for a major fall later on.
    I was hoping their "major fall" would be last night. Ugh. It's great to be doing well on the Race, but you don't need to be a couple of uppity arrogant tools, too. I liked them at first. Now, not so much.

What was Vanessa's obsession with Rachel's parts all about? How childish. I've seen Rachel's hoo-ha and everything else she's got in her first season on BB. Big whoop. When you out-childish Rachel, for crying out loud, you've really gone overboard.

As goofy as they are, go Team Kentucky!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I agree with other posters about using the Express Pass this early. I think the Major's team is too obsessed with being number one in every leg. In this leg being not last was also a good place to be.

As far as the watermelon challenge I think the Border Patrol had it right. The melons needed to be laid flat or length wise to create a stable platform and therefore a stable pyramid. It looked like so many of the teams were so focused on just doing the task they didn't take the time to think about doing the task correctly. In the words of Mike Holmes "Do It Right".

I know the Border Patrol comes across arrogant but many law enforcement and military types are taught to have a can do attitude, work as a team to overcome difficult situations that it can translate into a really aggressive/arrogant stance during a competition that is being filmed like this one is. It also seems like the one partner is alot more agressive then the other, but this early in the game I really don't bother to figure out which one is which. I do notice that the Major and his wife really need to work on their communication skills.
    pikachu likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was surprised that the team that used the Express Pass had to do the last challenge. I thought it was like the Fast Forward, that they got to go straight to the pit stop when they used it. In light of that, I definitely think they shouldn't have used it yet.

Vanessa was being such a creep, I was hoping her team would be eliminated. I don't like Rachel, either, but Vanessa was downright mean to her for no reason. Way to set a good example for your kids, Vanessa.

I felt bad for the guys and was hoping for their sake this was a non-elimination round but it wasn't. They have no one to blame but themselves for their failure. They got to the bottle challenge before the other team and had their chance to beat them but they blew it.
    Uncle David likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It also seems like the one partner is alot more agressive then the other, but this early in the game I really don't bother to figure out which one is which.
    Yes, the one wearing the bandana (I think it's JJ) was really aggressive last night. I wonder how they will react if they aren't leading the pack and "dominating" and if we'll see a massive implosion when things get a little tougher. Also, once they head out of Spanish-speaking countries and into less familiar territory, these two might have a more difficult time. Will they continue to be supportive and work well together, or will frustration lead to arguing and making mistakes (and will they be able to work through it).

I have to admit they rocked this leg, but I don't like the "we're the Michael Jordan" of the race coming out in leg 3!! I feel the editors are setting all of us up for a big crash with these two.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I have to admit they rocked this leg, but I don't like the "we're the Michael Jordan" of the race coming out in leg 3!! I feel the editors are setting all of us up for a big crash with these two.
    The bigger ( and louder ) they are, the harder they fall. I dont mind them, I just dont want them to win.
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

So sad the twins are gone already.

Happy for the Kentucky guys, but Bopper needs to tone it down! He gets totally obnoxious and it's getting really old - YEEHAW! Mark is showing up big time though, and for that I am glad they are still in the race. I agree with what most everyone else is saying. Express Pass used way too early! Rachel and Branden still annoying. Border Patrol guys are getting too full of themselves, although they did run a perfect leg. Vanessa is behaving horribly. Who cares what you can see on Rachel, and why oh why the need to point it out?
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    So sad the twins are gone already.

Happy for the Kentucky guys, but Bopper needs to tone it down! He gets totally obnoxious and it's getting really old - YEEHAW! Mark is showing up big time though, and for that I am glad they are still in the race. I agree with what most everyone else is saying. Express Pass used way too early! Rachel and Branden still annoying. Border Patrol guys are getting too full of themselves, although they did run a perfect leg. Vanessa is behaving horribly. Who cares what you can see on Rachel, and why oh why the need to point it out?
    And why three or four times? Once was too much, or was she trying to convince her male partner there to take a really close look? What a weirdo. As wayward said;
    When you out-childish Rachel, for crying out loud, you've really gone overboard.
    Really, that's it, in a nutshell.

I don't really watch Big Brother, so I have to ask, was Rachel this fake on that show? It's not the drama so much that I can't stand, it's the fact that is the fakest drama that I have ever seen that is getting on my last nerve. How the heck did she garner any fans at all?
    If they could give razzies for bad acting jobs on reality shows, she's a winner!

I would have lost $$ on last night episode, I would have bet it was a 2 parter. Good thing I decided not to bet my cup of coffee. Vanessa is too focused on Rachel and needs to pay attention to the race. I like the Kentucky men, I thinks others discounted them at first, I would like to see them in the F3. I also like the women from Mississippi.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Newbie

So disappointed the twins are gone. First time I've had a personal connection to a contestant on reality tv. It was fun to watch, but I had a feeling they'd be out early based on the information my sister relayed from Andrew. It didn't sound too positive and when they didn't get much air time, I knew they were gone soon. Oh well. I have to say that I'm not sure I can watch anymore. The rest of the teams are just so irritating to me. I can't stand the BB team (even though I don't watch BB), the border patrol team or the kentucky team. The only team I can stomach right now are the federal agents.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast