+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: 2/26 TAR 20 Discussion Episode 2

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/26 TAR 20 Discussion Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    You're right in that calculators have replaced manual calculations at higher levels, but even my own kids, who are all strong in math, learned to work without calculators until late middle school. You're also right in that the physics/math relationship is stronger than the chemistry/math relationship. However, math courses are required for either major, and most chemistry majors will require at least calculus, probability, and statistics. And while calculators are used in high school and college, nearly all college-bound students have learned to do the basic multiplying/dividing manually. All that was asked in the cattle market challenge was to find an average. Granted there was a lot of noise and activity going on, while also being under intense pressure, but it shouldn't have been too hard for someone with a bonafide chemistry degree.

But Rachel yelled out, "I'm not good in math!" So, one has to question how she got a degree in Chemistry. Maybe she barely passed. Maybe it was from a college/university that didn't require much from the student. If she really has a chemistry degree and can't find an average without a calculator, I'd be embarrassed representing that college/university. Just my opinion.

Didn't she attend the University of Nevada-Las Vegas? I'm not commenting on the quality of their programs, I'm just asking if anyone else remembers it that way from Big Brother.

Y'all may be barking up the wrong tree here. She may, indeed, be very good at math. Didn't y'all say that she was much better without Brendan on BB? That she seemed to wilt and act much more negatively with him than without him? And yet for whatever reason she has stayed with him.

Well, she might have been having difficulty here on the challenge due to the noise, etc. but rather than say that and have Brendan think she was a weak teammate, she might have excused herself by saying, "I'm not very good at math." That way Brendan can just roll his eyes and say, "Typical woman" and Rachel doesn't lose too much status with him.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Wasn't the challenge simply counting the cows and dividing the total weight by the number of cows to get a general per cow weight? I still think counting the cows as they mill around would be the hardest part of that.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Y'all may be barking up the wrong tree here. She may, indeed, be very good at math. Didn't y'all say that she was much better without Brendan on BB? That she seemed to wilt and act much more negatively with him than without him? And yet for whatever reason she has stayed with him.

Well, she might have been having difficulty here on the challenge due to the noise, etc. but rather than say that and have Brendan think she was a weak teammate, she might have excused herself by saying, "I'm not very good at math." That way Brendan can just roll his eyes and say, "Typical woman" and Rachel doesn't lose too much status with him.
    They all had the same task, and the women that helped her son do his homework, did it with no problems. Rachael wanted attention, as per.

According to Wikipedia, Rachel Reilly attended "Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, North Carolina for four years, graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry."

I know nothing about this particular school, never even heard of it.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by mcmomof2 View Post
    Favorite part of the night was when Andrew recognized the Argentine soccer player and they showed him playing with him for a bit. I want them to go far but I'm hoping the previews aren't highlighting their downfall next week.
    I totally could have watched a few more seconds of that. We've seen very little of the twins in confessionals, but his schoolboy smile on the mat was fantastic. For a moment you could see the kid who grew up to play his dream sport coming through.

You know, Rachel didn't really start to bug me until she started the whole "don't be mad at me...!! You know I'm not good at stuff like you are...!! don't yell at me...!!" so I don't know if Rachel by herself would bug me or it's her dynamic as part of a couple with Brandon that bugs. They don't seem to compliment each other well. It seems more like a dysfunctional relationship that brings out the worst in each of them.
    justCoz and Babbred like this.

The greeter really wasn't who they thought he was...according to Phil's twitstream, they thought he was Diego Maradona, but he wasn't.

See https://twitter.com/#!/philkeoghan.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    The greeter really wasn't who they thought he was...according to Phil's twitstream, they thought he was Diego Maradona, but he wasn't.

See https://twitter.com/#!/philkeoghan.
    Thanks! I thought he was Maradona, too. I wonder who he was?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Regular

My understanding is that he is such a legend and so popular that they have many many imitators so that is probably what they did. Kinda like Elvis I guess...Oh well, still my favorite part.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast