+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: 2/26 TAR 20 Discussion Episode 2

Re: 2/26 TAR 20 Discussion Episode 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Rachel (the Big Brother one) a chemistry major in college? And she says she's not good in math?

Not buying that one! One or the other is not true. Math and Chemistry go hand-in-hand, and I cannot for the life of me imagine any college or university that would allow someone bad in math to graduate with a degree in Chemistry.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I dont buy half of what Rachel or Brendon say.
    Uncle David likes this.

It is actually nice to see others who have not had the pleasure of experiencing Rachael and Brendon before realize why those of us that have had the experience feel the way we do. I wish she had not received help at the cow challenge because she would still be sitting there. I give credit to the ones who were able to solve it on their own and they did not have the education that Brendon and Rachel have had. I am not saying I would have been able to solve it, but with Brendon and Rachel always saying how smart and great at challenges they are you would have thought she would not have stunk at it as badly as she did. I am glad that certain teams are not happy with them being there. They had their shot and Rachel already won BB. They do not deserve another chance in my opinion. I hate it when they are on the screen. Both acting exactly like they did on BB. Thinking no one is better than them. I have seen comments on other sites where people who like them say no one is better at challenges than Rachael. I wonder what those same people thought after watching last night's show? I really hope they get out fast.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Rachel (the Big Brother one) a chemistry major in college? And she says she's not good in math?

Not buying that one! One or the other is not true. Math and Chemistry go hand-in-hand, and I cannot for the life of me imagine any college or university that would allow someone bad in math to graduate with a degree in Chemistry.
    SugarMama you are correct. She was a Chemistry major - at least that's what she claims and why they fell in love. You are exactly right about math and chemistry going hand in hand. One of the girl's who got it right did so by helping her 11 year old son with his homework. The other one (sorry I still can't remember all their names) is the one that Rachel is talking about in the previews saying she has too much makeup plastered on.

Absolutely right about math and chem going hand in hand. One of the first things I learned in chem class was how to balance equations. That was decades ago and I still know how to do at least the simple ones.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

If wife-clown said "tears of a clown" one more time....
    I know that the woman's name (for the team who came in first) is Rachel (blonde Rachel) but I don't know her husband's name. I don't really like him; he's often short with her.
    Regarding the math: I agree with others about how it is harder in that we are so dependent on calculators...Rachel might have known how to set up the equation but found it hard to do long-hand. Or maybe she just isn't that good at math but better at other aspects of chemistry. I always consider math to be more in line with physics than chemistry myself. Anyhow, people aren't going to like Rachel...that's fine. I'll have my own little cheering corner. Though she comes after the twins and the federal agents.
    Allie likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    SugarMama you are correct. She was a Chemistry major - at least that's what she claims and why they fell in love. You are exactly right about math and chemistry going hand in hand. One of the girl's who got it right did so by helping her 11 year old son with his homework. The other one (sorry I still can't remember all their names) is the one that Rachel is talking about in the previews saying she has too much makeup plastered on.
    I believe she studied Orgasmic Chemistry
    Florimel and SugarMama like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Loving the Kentucky guys so far! They were a bit irritating in episode one, but they really seem to be getting in to the groove and the one guy is not nearly as loud or obnoxious. Was impressed with how quickly they got the solar panel put together. Still loving the twins too. Gotta have me some eye candy! I hope they last awhile.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I believe she studied Orgasmic Chemistry
    good one!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    ...Regarding the math: I agree with others about how it is harder in that we are so dependent on calculators...Rachel might have known how to set up the equation but found it hard to do long-hand. Or maybe she just isn't that good at math but better at other aspects of chemistry. I always consider math to be more in line with physics than chemistry myself...
    You're right in that calculators have replaced manual calculations at higher levels, but even my own kids, who are all strong in math, learned to work without calculators until late middle school. You're also right in that the physics/math relationship is stronger than the chemistry/math relationship. However, math courses are required for either major, and most chemistry majors will require at least calculus, probability, and statistics. And while calculators are used in high school and college, nearly all college-bound students have learned to do the basic multiplying/dividing manually. All that was asked in the cattle market challenge was to find an average. Granted there was a lot of noise and activity going on, while also being under intense pressure, but it shouldn't have been too hard for someone with a bonafide chemistry degree.

But Rachel yelled out, "I'm not good in math!" So, one has to question how she got a degree in Chemistry. Maybe she barely passed. Maybe it was from a college/university that didn't require much from the student. If she really has a chemistry degree and can't find an average without a calculator, I'd be embarrassed representing that college/university. Just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast