+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: 2/19 TAR 20: Premiere Episode **SPOILERS**

Re: 2/19 TAR 20: Premiere Episode **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Can not watch them, will not give ratings to a show with them on it. I will not watch this show until Brenden and Harlot are gone. I will read recaps but I will not suffer them for one moment. The sight of them make me want heave.
    We didn't see much of them really( thank goodness)

I enjoy the race. I am so sad the girls didnt beat the meat-heads.LOL ( especially when the girls overcame quite a bit and caught up)
    Oh well it is the Amazing race..
    should be a good race
    sweetpea and Jaceegirl like this.

Boo, I'm in the minority, but I'm rooting for Brenchel. I hope they do well!

I am flabbergasted by the two sisters. How can they miss Phil???? He was right THERE!! I laughed so hard when I saw Phil's face. So far, the teams that I like are the twins, the clowns, the fitness dudes, border portals. I know there's more, but I can't think of any.
    Allie and JohnnyK like this.

I liked B and R but after his disrespectful comments I will not root for them at all. If he hates what the US border patrol does maybe he should head back over the border. What a tool
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Like I said, I don't completely get the Brendon thing.

we've heard some really lousy comments about locals from racers before
    One that comes to mind before anything else is Kendra's (of Freddy/Kendra) comments about Africa during TAR 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Boo, I'm in the minority, but I'm rooting for Brenchel. I hope they do well!

I am flabbergasted by the two sisters. How can they miss Phil???? He was right THERE!! I laughed so hard when I saw Phil's face. So far, the teams that I like are the twins, the clowns, the fitness dudes, border portals. I know there's more, but I can't think of any.
    They were so close to him. I like the twin brothers.
    Dicechick likes this.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the twist in the Road Block. The clue was, "Who's got a good sense of direction?" The person who accepted the challenge drove to the pickup spot using a map. The other person had to skydive ;-) I thought that was great :-)

Phil was live tweeting during the East Coast show. Jerry Bruckheimer live tweeted during the West Coast show. Phil tweeted that the ending of this first leg was shocking...something we'd never seen before. We couldn't figure out what it was going to be...and then the girls completely missed him when they went through the doorway. Wow.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Would depend - if they were the ones NOT jumping, I think it could be due to a maximum weight limit on a tandem sky dive. They do have a limit on weights for these kinds of stunts. Example, those big swings where you feel like a superhero flying max out at I think 300 pounds, so if you wanted to do the maximum of 3 people, but the three of you totaled 302 for example, one would have to go solo.

It could also be health reasons, but I would think there are only a couple of reasons that would prohibit them from doing the dive that would be allowed to participate in "Amazing Race" (meaning they probably wouldn't cast someone with a heart ailment).

This also is not unusual in "The Amazing Race" either - The shorter of the two Globetrotters (I think Big Easy, but it could've been Flight Time), had to do an amusement park Roadblock because the other was too tall to fit in the safety devices.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That said, I cannot believe the golfers totally didn't see the pit stop. I mean, even with tunnel vision, one would think you shift your view both ways and realize if you have a wide open garden to do a 360 around the area before you go back inside.

I think their mistake was going and getting their bags then going to the pit stop. The bags were at the location of the pit stop and they weren't traveling by foot to say another building. I think they'd been able to get their clothing. Doing that disorientated them to the point that they got confused IMHO.

I say this because I disliked the team that did end up getting a free pass and checked in 10th.

Was glad Brendon and Rachel did not get the express pass. Still not fond of them, but hopefully her ascerbic attitude tones down a bit and we see a different side of her that is more real than what we see. That said, I was glad that she told Brendon to stop it when he made that smart alec (and frankly idiot) remark about the Border Patrol. He didn't even sound like he got the border patrol are people from America, not Mexico.
    I think it would depend on what was in the bags. You cannot be checked in without your travel documents. If they were stupid and left them in the car, that may have been why they went back. I'm thinking those girls felt really stupid when they saw the editing and how close they really were.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

Okay, we have teams of border patrol agents, federal agents, and an army major....anyone else wonder how people with jobs like these get off the amount of time it takes to run The Amazing Race? Or doesn't it take as long as it seems?
    I've always wondered how MOST people get enough time off to do reality shows. Shows on MTV are one thing-those are mostly younger people with flexible jobs (bartender, waiter, etc) or at a turning point in their life (student, early 20s) who can afford to take time out of reality, or who have been doing the reality thing so long they're trying to make a career of it. Or do some people just up and quit their jobs and hope that if they don't win, their can find something else in their field. I remember Ali on Bachelor having to make the choice between her job and the show. And for some shows, what do they say about the timeline of how long they need to be gone? For AR and Survivor, I know they keep all contestants at some location for the entire length of the shoot, but is that true of all reality shows? I make my living as a bartender, and even in a career as flexible as this, I can't imagine being able to say to my boss that I might need as much as two months off, but to be prepared to schedule me again in just a few days. I can't imagine trying to tell an employer that in a career such as a doctor, or a judge. And two weeks paid a year wouldn't cover the timeline of most of these shows- it's be my guess that a lot of people have to choose between their jobs and getting the chance to be on tv, unless they own their own businesses. I'd LOVE to see an article adressing exactly this.

I've never watched Big Brother, so I know nothing of Rachel and Brendon, and I was only half watching the episode so I didn't see a lot of the issues people are talking about, so I really have no bias towards them. I don't mind crossover couples if they're interesting and don't scream at each other-I was rooting for Rob and Amber and I thought Jordan and Jeff were precious and hysterical, so I think I'm gonna have to watch closer next week and keep an eye on them.

Guess we all should have seen the golfer girls being eliminated right from the get-go when they insisted that athleticism would ensure they coast though. This isn't just a straight marathon ladies, you have to think some....but I STILL couldn't believe they managed to miss Phil RIGHTTHERE. I get that you're full of adreneline, but at least turn your head. I remember last season a lot of people here complained about how clueless teams were about following directions, well this made me wonder if we're going to be in for another season of really, really stupid mistakes.

BTW, this episode convinced me that I should never do this show. Of all reality shows, AR is the one I'd be most tempted to try for the travelling aspect, but I would have never made it past the roadblock, and the roadblock was definitely a great twist to those who thought they could guess what it would be. I'm TERRIBLE with directions.....but I'm terrified of both heights AND falling. The last time I was on a roller coaster was a decade ago, and my friends literally strapped me in till it started. Kudos to the mom who thought of her kids when she wanted to back out.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the twist in the Road Block. The clue was, "Who's got a good sense of direction?" The person who accepted the challenge drove to the pickup spot using a map. The other person had to skydive ;-) I thought that was great :-)
    It was a very good twist

Well, I wouldn't have liked jumping out of a perfectly good plane, but I guess I would have done it.

All in all a good first episode. I don't like some of the cast. The border patrol guys were rude during the empanada challenge, getting so upset because they weren't doing it right. This doesn't bode well for how they will function with harder tasks down the road. I admit, it kind of bugged when the army guy automatically sided with them as 'allies' - don't know why it did, it just did.

Thankfully we didn't see that much of Rachel and Brenden. I don't usually watch much of BB but I've seen a bit of the show with them on. I'm expecting a big meltdown with them, sooner rather than later. I did like her "good job!" to the other team that beat them to the mat for first place, though. That showed good sportsmanship.

I love the twins. A musician and a soccer player? Yum.

Hate the guidos. I wanted them to lose so badly. I couldn't believe the girls missed Phil, and the look on his face...never seen that before! What were they thinking? I even thought I saw one look in his direction, but then they turned and ran out... Sad way to go, but they screwed up a few times that episode, so their demise was coming.

I kind of laughed at the older country boys. The clown lady who was crying...sheesh. I think maybe just a let down of built up emotions?
    Midol and Fanny Mare like this.

+ Reply to Thread