+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: 2/19 TAR 20: Premiere Episode **SPOILERS**

CCL

Re: 2/19 TAR 20: Premiere Episode **SPOILERS**

Probably medical reasons.

If I were to go on the Race I would learn to drive stick but I still wouldn't want to be jumping off a plane.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Can not watch them, will not give ratings to a show with them on it. I will not watch this show until Brenden and Harlot are gone. I will read recaps but I will not suffer them for one moment. The sight of them make me want heave.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

lol my BFF texted me just now and said Rachel was in her element strapped to a man like a leech. Refuse to watch so not sure what the heck she is talking about.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I'm in the minority, but I like Rachel. I think she just has insecurities that make her very defensive and try to hard. I also get her competitive spirit because I am a competitive person too. I never really realized how much until I went on vacation with a friend and she packed her luggage first which drove me nuts. lol When you have insecurities, you have the constant need to prove yourself so I think that's where a lot of Rachel's comes from. I think they'll do well in this too because they are athletic and competitive. Of course, I also thought the same of Ethan and Jenna so we'll see. I just hope they outlast Jordan and Jeff and finish higher because I can't stand those two morons.

As for the rest of the cast, the PTB did a great job of leaving out the wannabe actor/model types this year. I see a lot of real people with interesting jobs. So far there are only 3 teams I don't like. Team Jersey Shore and all things Guido have to go ASAP. I also don't like the woman half of the team from San Antonio. I think she's the one who was arguing with Rachel. And from her intro package I saw tonight, I'm not surprised. She joked about stalking him. Made her sound like a crazy person. Stalking isn't a term people should use lightly especially when you look at things like Rebecca Shaffer and John Lennon. I hate when people use that phrase lightly. So I hate this team because of her. I also don't like the clowns. But I hate clowns in general so no surprise there. Everyone else amazingly enough I like. I hated that the golfers got lost because that would have cut it down to 2 teams I hate.

I think Team Army, Team Border Patrol, and Team US Agents will be tough because of the demands of their job. You know they're good in crisis and quick on their feet. I like Team Kentucky because I know they really need the money. I also think they'll bring the humor. The Mississippi girls are cute as can be. They will finish mid pack but they'll have fun doing it. The twins are easy on the eyes and mellow. I think they'll emerge as the rrace goes on even though we saw very little from them tonight. Team Big Brother will likely be around for a while whether you like it or not. The golfers were beautiful girls who have no sense of direction. They were doomed with that from the start, but I do like them.

I think overall this is one of the better casts in 20 seasons. I'm looking forward to it.
    Photobabe, Midol and sparklete like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

"I am half mexican and I hate them for a reason" Really Brandon?? Stupid stupid statement! You suck! (Excuse me, Brenden not Brandon)
    Last edited by taracran; 02-19-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: wrong name
    waywyrd, Florimel, Hyper and 6 others like this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

How does TPTB allow such a racist comment fly out of Brenden's mouth. They should be eliminated simply based on that comment. How long is he going to wear the UCLA Medicine t-shirt? He's been wearing for the last 3 years. As an alumni I find it offensive.
    Babbred, Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.

Then he says border patrol no bueno...I hate him more than her
    JavaJo, Midol and Babbred like this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Taracran: You took the words right out of my mouth!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I don't completely get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
    I noticed that the Road Block clue said "NOTE: Andrew & Ralph MUST perform this roadblock". Anyone know why Andrew and Ralph couldn't skydive?

Would depend - if they were the ones NOT jumping, I think it could be due to a maximum weight limit on a tandem sky dive. They do have a limit on weights for these kinds of stunts. Example, those big swings where you feel like a superhero flying max out at I think 300 pounds, so if you wanted to do the maximum of 3 people, but the three of you totaled 302 for example, one would have to go solo.

It could also be health reasons, but I would think there are only a couple of reasons that would prohibit them from doing the dive that would be allowed to participate in "Amazing Race" (meaning they probably wouldn't cast someone with a heart ailment).

This also is not unusual in "The Amazing Race" either - The shorter of the two Globetrotters (I think Big Easy, but it could've been Flight Time), had to do an amusement park Roadblock because the other was too tall to fit in the safety devices.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That said, I cannot believe the golfers totally didn't see the pit stop. I mean, even with tunnel vision, one would think you shift your view both ways and realize if you have a wide open garden to do a 360 around the area before you go back inside.

I think their mistake was going and getting their bags then going to the pit stop. The bags were at the location of the pit stop and they weren't traveling by foot to say another building. I think they'd been able to get their clothing. Doing that disorientated them to the point that they got confused IMHO.

I say this because I disliked the team that did end up getting a free pass and checked in 10th.

Was glad Brendon and Rachel did not get the express pass. Still not fond of them, but hopefully her ascerbic attitude tones down a bit and we see a different side of her that is more real than what we see. That said, I was glad that she told Brendon to stop it when he made that smart alec (and frankly idiot) remark about the Border Patrol. He didn't even sound like he got the border patrol are people from America, not Mexico.

+ Reply to Thread