+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Art and JJ TAR 20

Re: Art and JJ TAR 20

I liked them in the first episode, but they seemed like jerks after that...until the last episode. I love the friendship they seem to have with Mark and Bopper, I would have never guessed they would be friendly with them because of how different they are. And then when they shared their winnings with them at the pit stop I totally cried, that was such a sweet thing for them to do.

They are totally kicking butt in the race right now, if they can keep it up they're practically unstoppable.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Them sharing their prize with Bopper and Mark was nice, but that isn't why I like them now. My liking for them have grown per episode since the first.

I liked them at the start and have continued to like this team. Their generosity to Mark and Bopper only enhanced that. There are so few reality shows that have contestants worth watching and Amazing Race usually has more of them than most others. I seem to remember a team from that endurance race show (Expedition Impossible?) that was on last year doing something equally nice for another team as well as a few competitors stopping to aid others who were stuck in dangerous conditions. That's the kind of reality tv I will watch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Well they are back to being total jerks right now.
    sweetpea likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Well they are back to being total jerks right now.
    In a big way. Hated the comments about feeling like a woman when one of them (??) had to set up the inside of the tent. Jerks.

Also, when they complained that team BB would just ask the travel agent for the same flight they took when they left at the beginning....umm, what should they do instead? Ask for a flight to Tansania via Sydney, Australia just so they don't look like they are following you? These two guys act like everyone should just bow down and kiss their feet, and then quit the race and hand them the million. Heaven forbid they should be trying to win just like you, right?

They definitely don't come across as professionals. More like juveniles.

Hope they are in for a big upset. Soon.
    Jezebella likes this.

I hope that they do not come in 1st or 2nd place for the next several episodes as it is very obvious JJ's blood pressure hits the roof. Maybe if we are lucky he will burst a blood vessel.
    sweetpea likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just watched a clip that was provided by Arielflies's link to the show. I do not know how to put the link in here, but if you go to the show discussion and click on the link and look for clips you will see what Border Patrol says there. I am not trying to defend them or change your opinions of them, but what they said regarding what Brendon told them in regards to living in the BB house for 87 days and then what their answer was about that I can see their frustration with BB.

I personally do not think when they were talking about BB following them they were talking about just this episode. JMO
    Longhornfan likes this.

I don't really care about their attitude to BB (aside from how dumb it is to fret about who is following who when you're both going to the same place!) - it was more their arrogance and their outing of the kindergarten cops (and the glee with which they said they were liking stirring the pot) that makes me want them gone, yesterday. Plus, they seem more than willing to get down in the muck with the two annoying couples.

It will be interesting to see if their frustration with other teams leads to their demise or if they will finally learn that they do better when they focus on themselves and the race.

I'm still more neutral on the BP. I did think it was kinda funny that they figured out the agents and really, N&J pretending to be some other profession so they wouldn't be seen as a threat was pretty lame, from the get-go, so I didn't mind that they got called on it, at all. Besides, what would it add to the show for only the audience to know?

I also laughed when whichever of the BP was listening to Major D and wife squabble and said that was why they weren't racing with their wives. Of course, I'm sure some will take that comment as derrogatory towards the wives but it's probably quite realistic, as most of the dating and married couples (not all) do get kinda petty with each other.

I will have more problems with them if they do get in Mark and Bopper's stuff and threaten them next week, which has been alluded to on other sites but I haven't checked out any of the extra clips that may show that. :-(

I have a hard time believing that it's Mark and Bopper that they get in a tussle with. I thought it looked more like the army husband and wife team. I'll be sorely disappointed if its with Mark and Bopper.
    jucamer likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast