+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Brendon and Rachel TAR 20

Re: Brendon and Rachel TAR 20

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    I don't know if this has been brought up, but I have a question: is anyone here a viewer of TAR but not of BB? If so, what did you think of these two? I'm curious to know.
    I don't watch BB, but I at least knew who Rachel was, because she won the money on BB. I had never seen Brendon before, but I will admit that I was not happy to hear that they were crossing over to appear on TAR. I just don't like that, especially if one (or both) has already won money on another reality show. So, they already had a strike against them in my mind. However, after watching them on TAR, I can honestly say that I could not stand them after a very short period of time. I found them both to be very annoying and kept hoping each week that they would be eliminated. I hope that this is the one and only time that I have to see either of them on ANY other shows that I like. Once was more than enough for me!!!

I don't know if this has been brought up, but I have a question: is anyone here a viewer of TAR but not of BB? If so, what did you think of these two? I'm curious to know.
    Me! I didn't watch them on BB but I love TAR. That said, they were annoying but not even close to the worst racers ever. Flo was simply hideous, as was Kendra frankly, and Mr. Freakout "My OX IS BROKEN!" who shoved his wife at the pit stop...yeah, Rachel and her tears/meltdowns and Brendan with his passive-aggressive snipes weren't the worst I've seen on this show.

Having said that, though, I hope they never come back. I don't like the drama, that's not what TAR is about for me.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I had never heard of them before they were named as contestants on TAR. I read all of the "Oh NO!" comments, and wasn't expecting much . . . and I wasn't disappointed. Rachel had me turned off within the first two episodes with the fake crying and the "poor me" attitude. I thought (and still think) that Brendan was a nice looking young man and - on TAR at least - he seemed to be working hard at keeping Rachel from flipping out. I didn't know any of his history of sexting, etc.

Interesting feedback! Thanks you three.

I guess it was unavoidable to have some sort of opinion coming in, even if you hadn't watched their seasons of BB; others' opinions on them are made so prevalent that they're impossible not to read.

I was just curious because I think they were edited more tamely on TAR than they were on BB... aside from the only time when they were shown in a better light, which was during the latter half of BB13, but that was only because the producer Allison Grodner rigged everything for their side of the house. Plus, Rachel was associated with the very popular Jordan that it made her seem likable. Popular by association. It didn't change my opinion on her nor Brendon... but I guess that's because I'm not really a fan of Jordan either. And I hated that side of the house. I much preferred the Dani-Kalia-Porsche alliance. But I was in the minority.

That's besides the point though. It seems all three of you agreed that they were very annoying, although Long was definitely more annoyed than sweetpea and AZ. I think it's interesting that AZ says that Brendon was the better of the two -- I hate him way more than Rachel. And his good looks totally vanished for me when I saw his personality on BB. Oh, and his nasty toe.

But I agree that there have definitely been more outspokenly annoying people on this show, such as the people that sweetpea mentioned. But even they were at least entertaining and were fun to hate. That was back during TAR's golden days. Oh how I miss those seasons.
    sweetpea likes this.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I remember watching episode 1 of BB12 and not liking Rachel already. And then I stopped watching. That's all of my BB Brenchel experience. That and knowing of Rachel's "Nobody gets between me and my man" in every goodbye vid.

FORT Fogey

Rachel will always be the great big baby that crawled under a bush and bawled at the Big Brother house after losing a challenge.

Too many instances like that to count, and the live sex shows on the live feeds make me never want to see these two again.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Florimel like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    Actually it was a man, who Brendon cyber-sex with and sent pictures to...The man was posing as woman.
    Had not heard that! Well, that's what you get with the internet!
    As to "who does that"? Apparently lots of people...lots of teens, and, as we know, even some politicians! But I agree it is a "break up able" offense.

+ Reply to Thread