+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Brendon and Rachel TAR 20

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Brendon and Rachel TAR 20

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yes, there are times Rachel and her crying are OTT but I won't rush to assume that every time she gets upset it isn't warranted. Every time BP struggles with a challenge or gets behind, the frustration and excuses come out (girls dance better than boys), the only difference between them and Rachel is they don't cry. They deal with their stress in different ways, equally annoying to many, so I won't tar and feather one while letting the other off the hook (if that makes sense).
    Well, technically speaking, neither does Rachel. I think crying requires tears.

I hate both teams, so yeah, tar and feathers all around on my part.

To be kind, and it's taking an effort, JJ and Art have a funny line here and there, a bit of a saving grace. And strictly from watching this show, I don't see Brendon as being all that bad of a person... and Rachel can race pretty well when she's not acting like a buffoon.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-24-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: I did a :lol at my own joke. lame.
    sweetpea and rfromp like this.

Yeah, she seems to make a lot of noise but there are little actual tears to go along with it.

I confess, there were times I liked Art/JJ because of those funny one-lineres, but I realized that was when they were at the top of the pack. They could afford to be decent, apparently, when they felt like they were the best. When they slip a bit though, the jerk comes out for both of them, IMO.

I am just putting in a prediction here from watching the TV ads yesterday for this week's episode. Will be curious to see if it comes true. Mark and Bopper appear to be at the doctor's again. Wondering if they withdraw from the race. It may have been from last week, but if not and that was this week I am guessing that to happen. In regards to BB. Again, the TV showing that Rachel is talking about her $500 extensions but the title of this episode is Will I Still be Pretty. I think Rachel may decide that $1 million will buy her a beautiful wig and she goes for it. I am really anxious to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I am just putting in a prediction here from watching the TV ads yesterday for this week's episode. Will be curious to see if it comes true. Mark and Bopper appear to be at the doctor's again. Wondering if they withdraw from the race. It may have been from last week, but if not and that was this week I am guessing that to happen. In regards to BB. Again, the TV showing that Rachel is talking about her $500 extensions but the title of this episode is Will I Still be Pretty. I think Rachel may decide that $1 million will buy her a beautiful wig and she goes for it. I am really anxious to see what happens.
    Yes, I am as well. I am sure there will fake crying
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I do feel bad for her with her self-esteem issues- especially if she really thinks that hair is an improvement on what she was given by her parents.
    spockwhat likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Brendon has handled himself fairly well through the race... considering what he has to deal with. I think his attitude with Rachel about not cutting her hair was quite good. He was a little aloof, but accepted her decision, wouldn't allow her to wallow in it, and just moved on. Good for him. I can think of a few other partners who wouldn't have been so kind... like Dave or Ralph.

I never really watched BB, but heard horrible things about Brendon. The race has improved my view of him somewhat.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Brendon has handled himself fairly well through the race... considering what he has to deal with. I think his attitude with Rachel about not cutting her hair was quite good. He was a little aloof, but accepted her decision, wouldn't allow her to wallow in it, and just moved on. Good for him. I can think of a few other partners who wouldn't have been so kind... like Dave or Ralph.

I never really watched BB, but heard horrible things about Brendon. The race has improved my view of him somewhat.
    I do agree with you that Brendon seems to be better on the AR. I sometimes wonder if Rachel's low self-esteem issues are not because of what he did to her after the first season of BB and caused them to break up for a time. I have a hard time getting past what he did and and was surprised that they got back together again. I think at times that is why they seem to have a toxic relationship. I guess we will never really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I do agree with you that Brendon seems to be better on the AR. I sometimes wonder if Rachel's low self-esteem issues are not because of what he did to her after the first season of BB and caused them to break up for a time. I have a hard time getting past what he did and and was surprised that they got back together again. I think at times that is why they seem to have a toxic relationship. I guess we will never really know.
    He's creepy . Who texts parts of his anatomy to other women .I think he's a creep. I don't think he has changed, I think he has had much kinder edit, with BB and cameras 24/7, you got to know him.
    JunkieGirl and Alexxxx like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

As a UCLA alum, I wish he would rid himself of all the UCLA gear he wears. It's a disgrace to the institution. And yes he is very creepy. Watched him on BB for two seasons (sad to admit), and he wallows in passive agressive behavior until he gets called on it. At which point he would suck up to Rachel ad nauseam. She played him constantly with the fake tears and the victim routine. Watching them on anything is like watching a documentary on psychological disorders.

FORT Regular

"As a UCLA alum, I wish he would rid himself of all the UCLA gear he wears."

He keeps bragging about being a PHD student at UCLA, but he's been on reality TV for about 3 years. My guess is he took a class, quit to do the reality TV thing, and wants to sound smart...so continues to throw out the PHD thing. (Although he doesn't have as much time to brag about that on the race as he did on BB)
    Uncle David and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread