+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Brendon and Rachel TAR 20

Re: Brendon and Rachel TAR 20

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Amazing Race has been my last bastion of reality shows I will watch because 1) I love to see the travel to parts of world I don't know too much about and 2) the show focused was people competing to complete a variety of tasks without backstabbing and manipulation that has become so rampant on other shows I used to like.

However, AR is losing me with their casting of reality show contestants; first Rob and Amber, then Jeff and his J girlfriend (sorry, can't recall her full name) and now, worst of all, Brenden and Rachel. When I must watch a show with remote in hand, it's just not worth it anymore.

Even without that, I enjoyed the early seasons of Amazing Race so much more. The contestants were give only a destination and a map with no instructions on how to find where they needed to go and just basic information on the task they had to accomplish when they got there. It was a much better show back then, IMO>
    I sure agree regarding the way the AR used to be. It seemed like they had to work a lot harder to get to the end. There use to be teams that would end up lost or stuck in traffic jams forever. All sorts of things that would happen that would make one team end up way behind. Even the tasks they were given seemed much harder. All through this race it seems like all teams have been very close and depending on what task they have chosen they appear to be close in proximity to each other. This particular season unless I am just forgetting the tasks have not seemed all that hard. I think the hardest one from my memory would be the bales of hay that Dave and Rachel had to do. That was a fast forward and not something that everyone had to do. I always felt like the AR was something I would never be able to do. This particular season even I think I could have done each task and that is saying a lot. I still love it for the beautiful scenery which I would never be able to visit on my own, but I would like to see it go back to the way it once was. One million dollars is a great prize and I personally think they should have to work harder for it. IMO anyway.

OK -I have been thinking about this for a while - When Rachel first appeared on BB - she was labeled as a bar girl but with an amazing science education - "Brenden and I are both scientists" - remember that....flash forward to the AR when they had to get the cow weight average.......what college level science student cannot do long division or averages...............I call bull poop!!!!!!
    Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.

Rachel showed her true colors yet again with her fake crying when she was told no her dance was not right. Rachel you need to take lessons from Mark and Bopper. Even during the cricket challenge she could not display what it is like to be gracious. She had to add the commet by saying Art and JJ are big, and strong men and she is just a girl. She shows me time and time again why I get so irritated by her. Looks like judging from the previews she is crying yet again at the thought of losing her extensions that she paid $500 for. It is always about Rachel and her selfishness.

I had no problem with Rachel's comments during the cricket challenge. Art & JJ have been hammering Brenden and Rachel all along, and I didn't see any reason why she needed to be gracious. (I'll bet she would have reacted differently if she was competing against Mark or Bopper.)

And one other time when the Fast Forward was "shave your head", the team refused because they were models. Some people like their hair and won't cut it (especially after paying for extensions). Would I do it? Sure, no problem. But when a friend and I talked about entering, she made it really clear that she would walk away if we were faced with that task.

(BTW, I consider it insane that anyone would pay $500 for extensions. But that's just because I don't have that kind of money, and if I did, I can think of dozens of other things I'd rather have.)
    mom2, sweetpea, Allie and 1 others like this.

I don't think it's selfish or vain for a woman to not want to shave her head. I don't have extensions & I really do not think I could go through with shaving my head. My hair grows so slow...I just don't think I could deal with that.

I remember Joyce & Uchenna did a FF that ended up being a head shaving & Joyce cried, but she did it. Since Uchenna already had a shaved head it was a non-issue for him.

Brendon already shaved his head on BB, so we know he won't have a problem doing it again!
    Allie likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Yes, there are times Rachel and her crying are OTT but I won't rush to assume that every time she gets upset it isn't warranted. Every time BP struggles with a challenge or gets behind, the frustration and excuses come out (girls dance better than boys), the only difference between them and Rachel is they don't cry. They deal with their stress in different ways, equally annoying to many, so I won't tar and feather one while letting the other off the hook (if that makes sense).

Some women cannot handle the idea of shaving their heads. I would do it, no prob, but my hair grows back pretty quickly and I don't have any vanity when it comes to my hair. If she does, well then I will respect her greatly if she does go through with it, but if she doesn't it's not a big deal. I can't see Vanessa doing it either, frankly. Joyce was an awesome woman!
    Arielflies likes this.

FORT Fogey

The problem is she has had one too many times at big sums of money. For me in the unlikely event I got one, I would have no problem shaving my head. I think Rachel is just not that needing for money or it would be a non issue.
    jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yes, there are times Rachel and her crying are OTT but I won't rush to assume that every time she gets upset it isn't warranted. Every time BP struggles with a challenge or gets behind, the frustration and excuses come out (girls dance better than boys), the only difference between them and Rachel is they don't cry. They deal with their stress in different ways, equally annoying to many, so I won't tar and feather one while letting the other off the hook (if that makes sense).

Some women cannot handle the idea of shaving their heads. I would do it, no prob, but my hair grows back pretty quickly and I don't have any vanity when it comes to my hair. If she does, well then I will respect her greatly if she does go through with it, but if she doesn't it's not a big deal. I can't see Vanessa doing it either, frankly. Joyce was an awesome woman!
    I agree with you Sweetpea in regards to not giving a free pass to the other teams. In my own comment about Rachel from BB I was not excusing some of the other teams such as Border Patrol and their behavior. I personally would like to see the Kentucky boys win with maybe Rachel and Dave as next. I only saw Rachel cry this leg when being told no by the guy who was doing the judging of the dance. I have seen Rachel cry many times during this race. I did not see one other girl cry. Whether she chooses to shave her head is entirely up to her. I have previously lost all of my hair due to chemo so that may be why I took more offense to her crying about her $500 hair extensions. I may be think of it entirely different than some based on my own personal experience. I agree with you in regards to Joyce being an awesome woman.
    jucamer likes this.

I just dont like BB. I dont want them to win, and I would like them off my TV. As a couple I think they are the toxic twosome.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Jacegirl I agree, I'd love to see Kentucky first and Rachel/Dave 2nd. 3rd doesn't matter to me much at all right now, although I kind of want BB to beat BP just because it would haunt Art/JJ for the rest of their lives!

+ Reply to Thread