+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Mark and Bopper TAR 20

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Mark and Bopper TAR 20

They didn't have a long segment with the boys. Apparently Mark has lost his job since the show. They did receive a $10,000 from The Talk, and apparently a special video message from Sharon. Can't seem to load the video, so if anyone can relay what she said, I'd appreciate it.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I just watched the video. The guys were their usual funny selves. They showed photos of the their kids. Mark has 3. The appeared to be teenagers. I'm not sure what medical problem Bopper's little girl has, but he mentioned a breathing machine so I guess it's a pulminary disease.

It sounded as if Mark lost his job because of his time off for the filming of TAR. The Talk did give them $10,000. But, if Mark is unemployed, his half of that won't last long.

Sharon's video didn't have much substance. She said she enjoyed watching them on TAR and was sorry she couldn't meet them in person but that she had to be in Las Vegas.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I saw the interview, and I wasn't sure if he took a chance to do AR and lost his job in the process. .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I just watched the video. The guys were their usual funny selves. They showed photos of the their kids. Mark has 3. The appeared to be teenagers. I'm not sure what medical problem Bopper's little girl has, but he mentioned a breathing machine so I guess it's a pulminary disease.

It sounded as if Mark lost his job because of his time off for the filming of TAR. The Talk did give them $10,000. But, if Mark is unemployed, his half of that won't last long.

Sharon's video didn't have much substance. She said she enjoyed watching them on TAR and was sorry she couldn't meet them in person but that she had to be in Las Vegas.
    I don't know if Kentucky is a right to work state or not, but if it is one, they can just up and fire you if you look at the boss cross-eyed.

In all honesty - I think that the reason Mark lost his job would be some damned economic issue. If any other reason than economy/downsizing, his former boss I think would and probably knows that he made a serious error firing him now that this is out in the open. Mark did very well in the show and has shown the state in such a positive light that this just makes the former company look bad.

I don't think Mark will have too much trouble - depending on what he does - finding a job.
    sweetpea and jucamer like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I would hope Mark doesn't have difficulty finding a job, because that $5000 won't go far. But it's better than nothing I guess. Does anyone know if they get paid per episode or how they finished in the race?

Thanks for the details, Photobabe.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I would hope Mark doesn't have difficulty finding a job, because that $5000 won't go far. But it's better than nothing I guess. Does anyone know if they get paid per episode or how they finished in the race?

Thanks for the details, Photobabe.
    From my understanding - they earn money as they advance to each pitstop, kinda like how in "Big Brother" they are paid per week in the house. Plus, they do have the option of cashing out their vacations instead of taking them (many do because the taxes are less).

This would hold valid too because IIRC they have to get a SAG card or its equivalent because they are technically actors and if so, they would have to get a minimum amount of pay becuase they are in essence union workers.

Mind you this is my understanding - it doesn't mean this is correct.
    Allie likes this.

Please do not take this wrong, but I remember another contestant from Survivor that said she had lost her job when she got home and received money from the show and then come to find out she lied. I am NOT saying he did not lose his job, but I would like to know all the facts surrounding it if he did before shelling out any sympathy money.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Please do not take this wrong, but I remember another contestant from Survivor that said she had lost her job when she got home and received money from the show and then come to find out she lied. I am NOT saying he did not lose his job, but I would like to know all the facts surrounding it if he did before shelling out any sympathy money.
    Yes, the lunch lady I know. I personally think Diane did it because she felt she was entitled to something... though she earned her vote out quite well.

I think - and this again is an opinion only, that CBS now does followups on the players just in case just in case someone tries the stunt again.

I don't think with Mark and Bopper though they'd try this just because they never acted entitled to the money just because they were hit with hard times. Of course I could be wrong, as the others too... but if they did lie it'd be a huge counter to their image and would hurt them far worse.
    jucamer likes this.

I have read that he was a State Inspector....once a person works for the state for a few years it is hard to get rid of them. He has not said why he lost his job and that is where the skeptic in me kicks in. Even though it is none of my business, but he kind of made it the publics business by airing he had lost his job. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to the why if it has been said.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I have read that he was a State Inspector....once a person works for the state for a few years it is hard to get rid of them. He has not said why he lost his job and that is where the skeptic in me kicks in. Even though it is none of my business, but he kind of made it the publics business by airing he had lost his job. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to the why if it has been said.
    State budgets help pay for the state jobs - so if Kentucky was hit by a serious reduction in state funding, they'll downsize positions, even on people who have worked for years in the job. Our state has seen this happen, and I know of a few others.

The other thing would be if and only if his position there had been someone whom he inspected complained for whatever reason, or something that is too private we won't know.

The former and not the latter to me is what has caused the issue - I feel that had Mark done something to deserve firing, we'd had it ousted via some of these scrounging sites that have proven to be more factual than speculation. Haven't read or heard anything in regard to his issue being for a negative reason.

(Please note, this is an observation only)

And I don't think that if he was fired for a negative reason he'd say it this publicly knowing that there are those few out there who didn't like the team who would want to do something to tarnish their reputation, similar to the gay brothers who lambasted the Cowboys after fans loved the team and didn't like the gay team - who won.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast