+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 12/11 TAR 19 Show Thread FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 12/11 TAR 19 Show Thread FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

I think my issues with Cindy started in Africa when she made some comment that made me think she had no clue about real life and poverty.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I just want to clarify: I didn't like Cindy, but I don't hate her. And while I give her and Ernie credit for running a really clean last leg, I still wish Amani and Marcus had won.

I like Cindy. I think she and Ernie make a good yin and yang couple. Best of luck to them getting their organization up and running so they can help those they met in Africa and beyond.

While I think Amani is a doll, Marcus needs to get his head out of the violence engendered by his NFL career. We didn't see it, but he punched a door during the test flight challenge as told by Amani, who stated that if any of their children followed his example and did that, they would be in huge trouble.

No human is all loveable or all despicable. Everyone has many layers to their personality both through nurture and nature. I'm giving them all a break even self-proclaimed perfectionist Cindy.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-14-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    rfromp likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I like Cindy. I think she and Ernie make a good yin and yang couple. Best of luck to them getting their organization up and running so they can help those they met in Africa and beyond.

While I think Amani is a doll, Marcus needs to get his head out of the violence engendered by his NFL career. We didn't see it, but he punched a door during the test flight challenge as told by Amani, who stated that if any of their children followed his example and did that, they would be in huge trouble.

No human is all loveable or all despicable. Everyone has many layers to their personality both through nurture and nature. I'm giving them all a break even self-proclaimed perfectionist Cindy.
    We did see it - Marcus hit the ceiling of the simulator in frustration and Amani jumped and said she'd never seen him that way. I don't think it means he's violent by any means, esp. if she's never witnessed that before - I think it meant he was just extremely frustrated and, frankly, after all those slips to the side of the runway, I didn't blame him.
    Florimel likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

So how many times did Marcus take to actually do the flight simulator correctly?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    So how many times did Marcus take to actually do the flight simulator correctly?
    I'm not sure, last count I saw though was 12.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I'm not sure, last count I saw though was 12.
    Yeow, that must have been painful seeing the million dollars slip away.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

The NFL probably had zero to do with his reaction! He was frustrated, period. While I don't agree with punching things/throwing things/slamming doors, etc. for any reason, I also do NOT see it as a sign of violence, especially when it is self-directed.
    Florimel likes this.

I am not having very good luck this season with my reality tv shows. The person I wanted to win Survivor did not win and the teams I was hoping would win did not fare any better with TAR. My first choice was the snowboarders and then Cathy & Bill. First Cathy and Bill were out and the snowboarders were out 4th place. I then had to pick a new team to cheer on and decided on Marcus and Amani as I really liked them as a couple. So I was disappointed yet again, but at least Cindy and Ernie's plan on some of the winnings is for a good cause and I respect them for that. While, I didn't care for some of the things Cindy did personality wise I think what annoyed me the most was the fact that they did not receive a penalty for losing their tickets on the train. Now I can't wait for next season. Not sure if she or he was joking, but read a comment that said they would be rooting for Team Brenchel. Does anyone know if that is true? Can't remember the poster's name.

CCL

Brenchel will be racing next season.

I don't think Marcus has a violence problem. He was frustrated but his response was nowhere akin to, say, Colin's "my ox is broken" tirade or anything that Jonathan of Jonathan and Victoria did. And Amani was a rock. I knew they weren't going to win -they never ran that great a race- but I think they did end up providing a good example to their kids. Love you guys.

The stupid couple...The Dump thing sucked. Though they should have cottoned on sooner that TAR is not going to send people to a random furniture store. I'm sure The Dump appreciated the free ad time. But, really, who names their store The Dump? Impressed -and rather surprised-at how quickly they did the map, with just one error.

Cindy and Ernie...well, they ran a good final leg, I will give them that. Someone asked why people disliked Cindy...two examples from this episode : her comment that if her team lost to either of the other two it would be like A students losing to C students and also how she banged on -and on, and on - about how she should have done the typing challenge as she would have been so much better. She needs to join forces with the father of the father and son team as they share the same mindset.

Still think the boarders should have been in the finals.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast