+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 12/11 TAR 19 Show Thread FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 12/11 TAR 19 Show Thread FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm with you, Triple Gemini. I was really disappointed in the way Cindy and Ernie treated that one cab driver in one of the countries - pretty much accusing him of trying to cheat them. And yet when an English-speaking person tried to intervene and said she would call the police (who could have mediated), Cindy's response was, "We don't have time for that. We're in a race." And then they took off, having underpaid the driver (if I remember correctly). There was also her inference that the boarders did something wrong because they beat C&E to the mat in a RACE. And her "C" student vs "A+" student comment was incredibly unnecessary. Vain much?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

My BF who only watched one other epi watched this one with me and after her A+ comment he had a few choice words about her... he pegged her right off! I had to laugh.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Ok it is official.....I am OLD! The typewriter is exactly like the one I learned to type on. There are days I would like to have that typewriter back, it did not break down.
    Yeah, but changing the ribbons on those monsters--at least the one my mother had--was not fun.

I just finshed watching the finale and am bummed that Marcus and Amani didn't win . I really liked them and loved watching them together - they seem to be a couple every couple wishes they could to be. Congrats to them - I couldn't care less who won out of about other 2 couples. I didn't like either one. Can't wait till next season!!!

FORT Regular

Congrats to Ernie and Cindy for the win, as they were my favorite team this season alongside Gramps.

While I can relate to most of the negative comments directed at Cindy, I don't think that Ernie should "dump her ugly ass" if they win the race, as some have suggested . IMO, Ernie is as much to blame for most of the incidents involving Cindy, such as the cab affair and for calling the snowboarders mean for not letting them win a particular leg.
    Cindy is as much deserving of Ernie as he is of her.

Cindy may be whiney and over-competitive at times, but I find these traits more tolerable as compared to abusiveness (S6's Jonathan) or laziness (S3's Flo). Heck. I'm even inclined to forgive them over the cab thing as they could have thought they were over-charged in the heat of the moment, and was intimidated when the other person approached them with aggression.

Also, let's not forget her lighter moments, such as her body-under-mattress incident, her telling Amani to "walk like a duck" on the tightrope and her consoling Ernie when he realised he was at fault for not heeding her advice over the spirit house rearranging task. And despite all her whining, she still rocks at most of the challenges, even the physical ones, so I feel that she was a deserved winner. Of course, she still has much to learn from my all-time favorites, the Cowboys and Team Cha Cha Cha.

Enough of the rant, can't wait for the next season.

I really just don't see what Cindy has done to warrant so much hatefulness being directed at her. I've read more ugliness here than she ever even came close to displaying on TAR.

I wasn't a particular fan of Ernie and Cindy and would have preferred someone else to win, but I will concede that they did run a pretty good race (especially the final leg) and deserved the win out of the final 3. I think the reason Cindy bugs me (Ernie was sort-of a nonentity as her personality was so big- he didn't even say a word on the final task- it was all her) is because to me she seems entitled. How many times did we hear her say she was raised to be perfect? She beat herself up when she wasn't, and being perfect is just not reality. I can understand as a child how this may affect someone, but as an adult you would think she would have learned that people fail all the time and perfection cannot be achieved all the time. It was like when she was making her speech at the final mat she was almost throwing it in her parent's faces. She didn't seem happy for the win- it was like she was out to prove something to her parents and not appreciate her own accomplishments. Wasn't it her who said at the beginning of the season her parents had wanted her to marry someone Asian? She seemed to want to prove to them that she and Ernie were a good match as well. Her little comments throughout the race about being better than everyone turned me off- as if she felt entitled because she was raised to be perfect. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that's how I felt while I watched.
    Duckyface and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Yeah, but changing the ribbons on those monsters--at least the one my mother had--was not fun.
    I well remember trying to get the ribbon in the doo hickey (technical term) without getting ink all over my hands.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    I really just don't see what Cindy has done to warrant so much hatefulness being directed at her. I've read more ugliness here than she ever even came close to displaying on TAR.

Cindy was one of the whiniest players I've watched on TAR. Her constant chatter and worrying made my teeth hurt. They lost their train tickets and got away with it, but then she still felt superior and more deserving to win. Thinking the Cowboys robbed them of their first place that one time because they beat them to the mat was childish. And the A+ comment ticked me off (I watched the clip after reading about it, not the show) I just don't like her. Period.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I think Cindy has been raised to expect nothing but the best from herself, and when she feels she has failed she is very hard on herself. This isn't her fault, I don't believe. She's been taught to strive for perfection. Imagine how hard that can be on a child. I have known some parents who have brainwashed their children to believe they are failures if they don't get that 100% on every test. It's a difficult way to grow up.

BUT at the same time, while it can be taken too far, I don't think there's anything wrong with teaching our children to try always to do their very best, to strive for and work hard to achieve great things. I think what needs to go along with that though is to teach them that you might not always succeed, and that's ok too.

I admire their desire to do good things with their winnings. They seem to really love each other and have found a way to make their relationship work. Hopefully they will be happy together.

Not the worst winners by a LONG shot, in my eyes.
    Rattus, Arielflies, rfromp and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast