+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: 12/4 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 12/4 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

We cannot blame the taxi drivers. Either team could have said "NO" go to the Balboa statute. They did not know if they were right. But in this scenario, with all 3 teams going to the same place and it had been wrong, then it would have come down to a foot race. They were lucky and went to the right place. It is all part of the game. We have said every season, the taxi drivers make or break a team.
    sweetpea, Hyper, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    There's no place like home!

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    We have said every season, the taxi drivers make or break a team.
    Maybe it's time to have the production staff put in a little more effort in planning and force the teams to use public transportation - bus, train, etc., or bikes. Less likelihood of mechanical breakdowns, etc., and teams really would be on their own to figure things out. Example: if they were in London or another city with an extensive subway system, there would be MULTIPLE ways to get to the next clue . . . less bunching.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    We cannot blame the taxi drivers. Either team could have said "NO" go to the Balboa statute. They did not know if they were right. But in this scenario, with all 3 teams going to the same place and it had been wrong, then it would have come down to a foot race. They were lucky and went to the right place. It is all part of the game. We have said every season, the taxi drivers make or break a team.
    I agree with this... how did the taxi drivers know which location was correct? They didn't. 2 of the teams thought it was the Balboa statue... but they all got lucky and went to the correct location for the pit stop. It could easily have gone the other way... and they could have all been going to the wrong location.
    sweetpea and Fanny Mare like this.

I don't see why so many people are upset about this episode. The entire season has been about observation. Several times in the season teams have had to observe something in order to correctly move on (i.e. the episode with the sign at the charity.) As for the cab drivers helping the 2 other teams, in the past cab drivers have hurt the teams, they helped them here. It is bound to happen. Production could easily have made this a task to people on here's liking where they needed to tell someone at the dancers location the correct pit-stop name before they could move on, but they didn't. They have done that in the past, they decided not to here. It's obvious that the people at the locations that are there because Amazing Race hired them are not allowed to help the racers outside of doing their role in the task, but beyond that you can't really control the public other then having rules like during this task you cannot follow anyone else (i.e. a taxi) you need to find your own way and things like that.

As for forcing them to use public transportation and things like that, I am sure those decisions all have production aspects to them. Which modes of transportation in each country can safely fit 4 people in them (the 2 racers, the soundman and the cameraman)? Which modes provide the best shots for TV? Which modes are still active during all the hours the racers may need them from the time the first contestant needs it until the last one needs it?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The only ones I really don't want to win are Ernie and Cindy, just because I dislike Cindy so much.

I'm sad that the snowboarders are out but it is their own fault. They should have gone back to the dancers sooner when they realized they were at the wrong place and, possibly, they should have hung around longer the first time to make sure they knew where they were going. No other teams had gotten to them yet so they had time to observe for a while before dashing off to an uncertain destination.

I'm rooting for Marcus and Amani, although I wouldn't mind Jeremy and Sandy winning. Like I said, ANYONE but Cindy!!!

There seems to be a curse on winning cars in reality shows. The snowboarders were doomed when they won the Mustangs on the previous episode! At least they got plenty of other prizes along the way, plus some neat experiences.
    Last edited by pikachu; 12-05-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    maude~flanders likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I guess I'm the only one that's thrilled about the result.
    No, you're not. I'm delighted with the result, although I would have preferred Bill and Cathi in the final 3 rather than Ernie and Cindy. I'm hoping for a win by Marcus and Amani.
    sweetpea likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

When a taxi driver has hurt people in the past though was when a car breaks down, or the driver does not know the location, or the spot the racers ask to go to is not right. Those are all part of a race, but to have a taxi driver shut a contestant up and do the race for them is cheating. They were asked to go somewhere by the contestant, and they completely ignored and made the race about them with interference. If the racers had figured out the clue, but did not know where to go and the drivers drove them to the right place supplied by the racers fine, but the racers and their information should have been where the taxi took them.

The boarders came up to first again only to make the same mistake that all the teams made, but got eliminated simply because their taxi was not in the loop and the fact that in a race they were first. To me when you are racing and you are first you should not be penelized for it unless it is your fault.

I also lost all respect for Marcus and the rest of the group and their gloating over winning. I hope when they see the show that I watched last night that they realize they did not beat anyone.

I also see with the other boards that I am not the only one that is disgusted by the complete interference that occurred. I think it will be addressed by CBS and Amazing Race.

I agree that it will be discussed if only because it's a quick change - force the team to go to someone say the correct location and give them the clue then. All the teams honestly who made it just had sheer luck with the answer here because it was very loopy, although in defense... the clue was on the ONLY red dress there. (Clues flags save in one country due to the similarity are red and yellow).

But again, this case if the contestants are telling them to go somewhere, and the taxi driver says no and takes them to say the pit stop, that is none of their fault. Even production cannot use that on them.

I do agree though that the three teams should be thankful that they lucked out in this case, otherwise all of them would've been scrambling.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't see that there is anything wrong with being ecstatic that everybody has finally beaten the 'boarders. Were the other teams supposed to look sad?? These guys seemed invincible, and it didn't seem to upset anyone when the 'boarders celebrated when they, repeatedly, took first place. Even Phil was smiling at the final three celebration! And, most importantly, the 'boarders seemed OK with the outcome....not even a look of dejection!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am okay with the final three, they knew the borderers were the ones to beat, and they did beat them The boarders won a lot, including their own mustangs
    sweetpea likes this.

+ Reply to Thread