+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 11/27 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

11/27 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

The continuation leg continues in Belgium. Please no more body poses - though I'm sure they will be shown at the beginning. Have fun raft building and race car driving!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 11/27 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

football game is still on. The game is in OT.

There is an obvious disconnect between the cerebral fan of Amazing Race and the fan of football (j/k)
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Holy Crap....a whole hour late... ugh
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Really? An hour? I guess this thread will be for spoilers for anyone who doesn't have an 8 PM start time.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am a football fan, but.....DAMN..........this is ridiculous!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

60 Minutes is sooooooooo boring

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I must admit that, tonight, I'm finding 60 Minutes very interesting. The homeless families made me cry, and that part about the taste enhancements was fascinating! I will skip the vapid Angelina Jolie boredom..
    sparklete likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I thought the kids in the homeless piece were amazing--and even if their dad was camera shy, I'd say he's doing the best he can to try and keep them busy and safe by getting them to the library to study and to that community theater to rehearse and perform. I didn't really see much of the artificial enhancements piece, but seriously...they could have saved the Angelina Jolie piece for another time. Does she really need more publicity, even if the piece is more about the Bosnian film than her?

And yeah, this is the second time this weekend that football has screwed up my viewing options. As a figure skating fan who has to jump channels and sometimes wait weeks in order to see whatever parts of a competition the networks deign to show, I am not amused. Let the football fans have to find a network or on-line source of their own for coverage the way some of the rest of us have to or let the networks at least be honest about how bloody long it's going to take to get through a football game. Look, a figure skater gets 4 1/2 minutes to get through a short program. He doesn't get to start and stop a clock eighteen times so that it takes thirty minutes to get through 4 1/2 minutes. At least baseball doesn't lie--it doesn't pretend that there's a clock keeping track of the actual time the game will take. With baseball, it's clear from the beginning that you'll just be done when you're done. I hate supposedly timed sports that aren't really timed at all.

Oh, good grief...now they're nattering on about Angelina's bad girl past and her humanitarian present. Excuse me, but is there ANYBODY who hasn't heard this before? This is just a stupid puff piece.

OMG...the smell thing made me

Really? Do we need to know that tastes and smells are used to entice us to buy food products? Really?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast